[Server] Xanadu

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

Re: Xanadu Server

by firefox » Post

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! =(^.^)=

the Hidden Ninja Village has an Ash Field Area now.
it is the prelude to the Volcanic Area.

and since many people were wondering where to find it or some doing crazy things to get building rights, here is a detailed explanation of how it works:

1. Every Ninja knows where the village is.
If you are not a Ninja, the best way to become one is to follow the "Path of the Ninja". *wink, wink*
2. The Ninja Rules are displayed on the Entrance Gate. They are the same rules as in Spawn2.
3. To receive building rights, you don't have to build a ninja house or try to copy my building style. I just want to see one of your previous buildings to measure your skills. Knowledge of stairs, slabs and screwdrivers is the minimum requirement. For everything else you can get help.
4. When you have building rights, you get a starting place in 1 Area. From there on, you can build more paths and bridges to more islands, as long as it follows the biome theme. Mind the presence of your neighbours and ask for co-operation if you build close to them or want to cross into their area.
5. Since there are only few Areas available, each of you can only build in one of the biomes. Extra areas can be given if your builds are exceptional good.
6. I added another Mailbox at the Rule Board, so that you don't have to go all the way back to Gaia Tower to send me a message.

and here is a list of people who have gained building rights:

theFishy
Xven
Rayxe
Dragonop
Grian
EvanTheGamer (needs building help)

bonny, ice, phi, iska, myster and the other master builders don't need to ask, so in theory they are also on the list =(^.^)=
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

recently i noticed the new trend to prank players when they are afk.
since it's common folklore that foxes like to trick people, i just had to try it too. :P
through some mysterious circumstances Ice-chan happened to appear next to me after Kelena-chan paid me a visit ...
when-ice-is-afk.png
when-ice-is-afk.png (93.48 KiB) Viewed 675 times
Ninja Art of Safe Escape! *poof*
*** Red_Fox left the game.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Nobody takes the mushrooms from the forest...
Attachments
overgrowth.png
overgrowth.png (153.38 KiB) Viewed 675 times

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

firefox wrote:recently i noticed the new trend to prank players when they are afk.
since it's common folklore that foxes like to trick people, i just had to try it too. :P
through some mysterious circumstances Ice-chan happened to appear next to me after Kelena-chan paid me a visit ...
when-ice-is-afk.png
Ninja Art of Safe Escape! *poof*
*** Red_Fox left the game.
:O
Haha
Its more like " the new trend to prank IceAgeComing when she is afk "

At least you got my fabulous mustache on picture....i mean nvm...

firefox

by firefox » Post

pro tip: never afk when the fox is near :P
when-dragonop-is-afk.png
when-dragonop-is-afk.png (55.58 KiB) Viewed 675 times
EDIT:
you have been warned ...
when-noob-is-afk.png
when-noob-is-afk.png (97.96 KiB) Viewed 675 times
EDIT2:
I hit the Jackpot!!!
when-Ten-is-afk.png
when-Ten-is-afk.png (128.1 KiB) Viewed 677 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

A rare photograph of wild Red_Fox with his family.

Look how many brothers and sisters he has!

myster
In-game: myster

by myster » Post

Awwwww, soo cute!! :P
In the name of Justice! -- Mr. mystery :)

firefox

by firefox » Post

this is definitely not a giant golem and i do not plan to use it to take control of the server.

and this is definitely not the evil magic crystal that controls the golem and I do not have any evil intentions with that power.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

after becoming an Immortal Alchemist, i had a party with iska-senpai and noob-kun. and lots of wine :3
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

:3
when-kilarin-is-afk.png
when-kilarin-is-afk.png (76.81 KiB) Viewed 675 times
EDIT:
i feel like the posting of screenshots has become much more rare ...
so while we are waiting for the next builder to post something,
you might be interested in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13847
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Aurora City rule sign wrote:Try to follow the city's theme the best you can
Spoiler
screenshot_20160110_012617.png
screenshot_20160110_012617.png (144.81 KiB) Viewed 675 times
*sigh* at least you tried

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

So, the theme is red white and blue, right? :D

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Haha, no :B

firefox

by firefox » Post

my Cactus House in GoldenHart's new village Cacti Country

also you might be interested in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13847 :3
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Kelena
In-game: Kelena

by Kelena » Post

I have to say thanks to GoldenHart for letting me rebuild my Taco cat. Make sure to take a look to Cacti Country :D
Love and nodes, Kel~ | | Playing only at Xanadu.

firefox

by firefox » Post

last time i wasn't able to reach Phiwari-kun, but this time i got neri-chan :3
when-neri-is-afk.png
when-neri-is-afk.png (66.14 KiB) Viewed 675 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

SONOFSATAN
IRC: SONOFSATAN stevr59
In-game: SONOFSATAN

by SONOFSATAN » Post

I think you guys have hit a all time low. I been on this sever for a few month's and now my username is a problem? and then to have all my privs removed over a username . why is my name now a problem and why is it so bad? And seem a lot of player i know or getting kicked or banned from this sever over stupid thing. Guess this is what happen when u put spoiled little kids in changer of things. Take your sever and stick it where the sun dont sine!
SONOS Raspberry pi server nyx.no-ip.org:30001
SONOS -MT server www.swh59.com:30002

everamzah
GitHub: everamzah
IRC: everamzah
In-game: everamzah

by everamzah » Post

wubble

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

SonOfSatan wrote:stick it where the sun dont sine!
Except, the sun emits sine waves, all the time. Should we stick it where the son does cosine? Do you want us to place the server somewhere the sun does a tangent? I'm sorry, your instructions are not clear and I don't know what to do. Would you mind clarifying?

firefox

by firefox » Post

SONOFSATAN wrote:and then to have all my privs removed over a username .
and what username was that?
moderators are not online 24/7 and if you don't place protecors in visible places, your name may have not been seen until now.
recently there was a person who logged in with names like "kelenaisabitch" and stuff like that.
we had to ban him 8 times. guess he used up all his devices now :P

if you played as "son of satan" the problem may be the religious reference. not sure, and some people probably don't mind so much, but the server owner is very sensible about stuff like that.
he only comes online for a short time in the evening before the dayly server update, so he might not have noticed you until now.
each player is allowed to create 3 accounts, so you can come back with a more appropriate name and if you ask nicely and don't throw further insults, you might get your items transferred, so that you don't have to start over.
(although i doubt that this is possible after your last statement)

there have been similar issues with people using "uoykcuf" as username.
(if you look closely, it means "f*ck you" backwards. took a few weeks until we noticed it ...
and one time a malvolent spammer was banned 1 week later, because he used hard to read names like "IIllllIIIllIIIll"
(capital i and low L, try to guess the right combination -.- )

now, try again with a different name or let it be.
until then we will cover the server with a polarised optical filter membrane to block sine waves.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

firefox wrote: (capital i and low L, try to guess the right combination -.- )
F10, type I or l, and then proceed to press tab, that way the name autocompletes.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

SONOFSATAN wrote:I think you guys have hit a all time low. I been on this sever for a few month's and now my username is a problem? and then to have all my privs removed over a username . why is my name now a problem and why is it so bad? And seem a lot of player i know or getting kicked or banned from this sever over stupid thing. Guess this is what happen when u put spoiled little kids in changer of things. Take your sever and stick it where the sun dont sine!
Well, I see some problems here:
1- Why did you got limited, who did it, and how was it done? Were you online? What was the ban message?
2- Are you really convinced that you are the son of the dude in hell that punishes souls?
3- What makes you think that it's an apropiate name? And how did you ended up with the answer?
4- Do you understand that your username might be offensive for some people? (I once saw a player get mad at me because I said "Xmas" instead of "Christmas")
5- Are you sure that launching a flurry of insults to the whole server is a good idea?

iska
In-game: iska

by iska » Post

Howdy, I limited him.

For couple of reasons, server rules forbid religious stuff (because it is really sensitive subject) and his bad attitude when I questioned him about it.

I told you change name and you're welcome back, and loose the attitude.

Cheers,

noob-president iska

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

Well, SOS, I was there when it happened. If your name was an issue was being discussed when you came back from a kick and called a moderator (btw. no kid, but full grown adult) names. That sealed the deal. Not even your name yet... didn't come to that thanks to your anger.
... noob101

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

SONOFSATAN wrote:Take your sever and stick it where the sun dont sine!
First off, anyone who reacts like this deserves a ban, I am not defending him in any way, but...
Dragonop wrote:2- Are you really convinced that you are the son of the dude in hell that punishes souls?
Does "firefox" think he is a fox on fire? No, its just a name.
Dragonop wrote:4- Do you understand that your username might be offensive for some people?
Do you know how many people are named Jesus, Christian, Michael, Gabriel and other names derived from religions? Do they all need to use aliases if they join the server? What about names like Zeus (popular name for characters in movies and games) that come from other religions, are these names off limits too? Lot of different religions around the world with a lot of common names in them. What about all of the alternate names religious figures have used through out history?

What about other offensive names from non-religious topics? Ted Bundy killed and raped a lot of people. What if my real name is Bundy and I use that as my in-game name? Did I choose that name because I admire Ted Bundy or because its my real name, or both?
iska wrote:server rules forbid religious stuff (because it is really sensitive subject)
Disallowing chat about religious matters and other topics, and banning people for using profanity in their name is one thing. But censoring their chosen names because "they might be derived from religion or other undesirable topics" is way out there! None of you are qualified to judge a person's intentions for the name they chose.

Something to think about...

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

auouymous wrote:-snip-
Those were mere questions, the answer could be either true or false, or both, I was not trying to make a point but trying to make this player think about his name and what problems it might cause in the near future.