[Server] Xanadu

Kelena
In-game: Kelena

Re: [Server] Xanadu

by Kelena » Post

From what I've noticed about that protection removal/ownership change is that many of the beautiful builds are taken over by Ten (e.g. Spawn). Many decent buildings are either kept as they are or given to people who was added to the protections, only the ones close to spawn or any public areas that can be used a better way are removed (partially/completely).

This "rule" about removing people's stuff usually doesn't apply for those who have built a lot of amazing stuff or are pretty recognized on the server.
The only exception would be limited/banned accounts, which get their stuff removed as soon as possible.
Love and nodes, Kel~ | | Playing only at Xanadu.

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

Sokomine wrote:One thing I'd expect would be a sign inviting visitors to the player's own constructions, right next to a handy teleporter pad. Including one that leads back to the shop from the target location of course.
That is a cool idea for a shop, a little structure in the shop area with a teleporter to a much larger structure which contains your actual shop. And a teleporter back to your fake shop so they can continue shopping. Now if only I wasn't poor and had items to sell... OH WAIT, according to my pick, I have about 140k gray and red cobble. ;)

Sokomine wrote:I hope that in the case of multiple builders they're either added as co-owners (necessary for building together anyway) or i.e. mentionned on a sign. Building something for someone specificly is possible - kind of as a donation. But that doesn't change who did it.
Can you even see co-owners? I imagine most players only see the owner's name in the lower left corner while inside a claim. In the past you could look at a protection block if one is exposed, but I believe that too only shows the owner's name. In *ALL* cases, that only tells you who currently owns the claim, there is no way to know who originally built the structure in the claim, unless signs are used. Also, the protection mod displays "owner" or "owned by", it doesn't say "creator" or "created by". In the future, you should place signs on your builds with a copyright license that requires future owners to leave the signs in place. Without the proper license, you are still the copyright holder but anyone in possession of your work has no obligation to give you credit.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Nice tower/castle binshaden :) looks frikken huge :P

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

auouymous wrote: Also, the protection mod displays "owner" or "owned by", it doesn't say "creator" or "created by".
Why should the two be diffrent? You do protect the land to protect it from vandalism. The "owned by" is a nice indicator of who created the structure. Maybe you do see gameplay very diffrent from the way I do. For me, there is no real point in "owning" land or items unless you use them to create something.
auouymous wrote: In the future, you should place signs on your builds with a copyright license that requires future owners to leave the signs in place. Without the proper license, you are still the copyright holder but anyone in possession of your work has no obligation to give you credit.
Without a liscence, there's none...no right to do anything at all with the stuff.
A list of my mods can be found here.

GipNovoRBX
In-game: bucky

by GipNovoRBX » Post

Fourth of july stuff for xanadu as a possibility?

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

Three questions:
1. Why no CSM's? What if i want to use "chatbell" viewtopic.php?f=53&t=17837 :(
2. Why don't you want videos of the server on on youtube? This makes zero sense imo.
3. How am i supposed to light up my house when torches burn out? (besides using expensive mese-lamps).

*EDIT: Also where is some wilderness i can explore/build/fight/mine in? I can only find the city-layouts :(.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Texan
In-game: Texan

by Texan » Post

Stix wrote: *EDIT: Also where is some wilderness i can explore/build/fight/mine in? I can only find the city-layouts :(.
I think that is a good point. As soon as any teleporter is placed at spawn, the place fills up. I know that most of the hidden stargates are fairly undeveloped. Maybe try looking for one of those. :D
-- Texan :)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Stix:

1. CSM mods are annoying and considered cheating, if found using these you will be banned.
2. Shinji does not like people taking videos as it is a private server and permission must be granted beforehand.
3. Torches do burn out although abritorches are crystal based and do not, as well as lanterns and candles etc.

As for new areas, climb the vines above spawn and go to Second Spawn area which has 4 roads that players can build alongside.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

currently there are 3 Star Gates:
the first is in plain sight, yet no one sees it.
the second is hidden under a red curtain.
the third is in a cave under a cliff at the ocean. (a wooden sign stands on the cliff, totally not suspicious.)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

the fourth lays beneath a hedge and the fifth hides behind a dark curtain.

auouymous

by auouymous » Post

firefox wrote:currently there are 3 Star Gates:
the first is in plain sight, yet no one sees it.
the second is hidden under a red curtain.
the third is in a cave under a cliff at the ocean. (a wooden sign stands on the cliff, totally not suspicious.)
TenPlus1 wrote:the fourth lays beneath a hedge and the fifth hides behind a dark curtain.
I found two stargates at spawn but neither matches those cryptic descriptions. I require easier clues with coordinates that have the least significant digit obfuscated to add a little challenge but not much. ;)

firefox

by firefox » Post

auouymous wrote: I require easier clues with coordinates that have the least significant digit obfuscated to add a little challenge but not much. ;)
the one in plain sight is in the spawn castle, but no one ever sees it, because it's on the 2nd floor :P
the red curtain is at the spawn point of the bronze teleport.
the cliff is next to Heaven's Gate at the golden teleport spawn point.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

auouymous

by auouymous » Post

firefox wrote:the one in plain sight is in the spawn castle, but no one ever sees it, because it's on the 2nd floor
Ok, so the one in plain sight was one I found, is the tall rectangular stargate at the start of white path one of the five?

firefox

by firefox » Post

auouymous wrote: Ok, so the one in plain sight was one I found, is the tall rectangular stargate at the start of white path one of the five?
no, that is the Xmas Gate =(^.^)=
Star Gates are round
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

sneak news about the Heaven Islands:

Heaven's Gate will definitely open this year :3

the earliest expected date would be the end of this month.
maybe august, but surely in september the first plots should become available.
now we are still looking for 2 more maintainers for the other two paths.
as a maintainer, you have to construct new islands and organize plots. you also get free reign over your path and may design it as you like. (according to the general guidelines :P )

currently Phiwari is working on Avalon, and i'm on Amber Vale.
maintainers are needed for Valhalla and Hohenheim.
the Valhalla theme can be interpreted as you like, but Hohenheim is already predefined according to myster's plans.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

auouymous

by auouymous » Post

firefox wrote:Heaven's Gate will definitely open this year
I found stonehenge last night by the cliff, and the teleporter at both places. What was Kelena's white building in same area called?

firefox wrote:now we are still looking for 2 more maintainers for the other two paths. as a maintainer, you have to construct new islands and organize plots.
As in floating paths between floating islands for others to build on?

firefox

by firefox » Post

auouymous wrote:As in floating paths between floating islands for others to build on?
yes =(^.^)=
it's the same as building a path on ground, but in the sky. you make it, you rule it.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Miguu
IRC: Miguu
In-game: Miguu

by Miguu » Post

firefox wrote:sneak news about the Heaven Islands:

Heaven's Gate will definitely open this year :3

the earliest expected date would be the end of this month.
maybe august, but surely in september the first plots should become available.
now we are still looking for 2 more maintainers for the other two paths.
as a maintainer, you have to construct new islands and organize plots. you also get free reign over your path and may design it as you like. (according to the general guidelines :P )

currently Phiwari is working on Avalon, and i'm on Amber Vale.
maintainers are needed for Valhalla and Hohenheim.
the Valhalla theme can be interpreted as you like, but Hohenheim is already predefined according to myster's plans.
The lights inside that "Stonehenge" are very similar to the interior of the Great Heaven Island ... By the way, where was the pad that went to the Heaven Islands
Wherever they were they always remembered that the past was a lie, that memory had no way back, that every ancient spring was unrecoverable, and that the most foolish and tenacious love was in any case an ephemeral truth
-"One Hundred Years of Solitude"

firefox

by firefox » Post

Miguu wrote:By the way, where was the pad that went to the Heaven Islands
it's in the center of the circle ;)
but it's not connected yet. if you step on it, it just transports you to the edge of the circle.
Miguu wrote:The lights inside that "Stonehenge" are very similar to the interior of the Great Heaven Island
they are the exact same =(^.^)=
because they are front and back side of "the gate"
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

sneak preview of the Heaven Islands:

hidden inside the tree is the gate to Amber Vale ;)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

emma
In-game: emma

by emma » Post

This server is amazing! <3

firefox

by firefox » Post

today i discovered this amazing construct, made of a natural floating island:

also, the portal to Amber Vale has been greatly improved. now it looks more like a floating island, rather than a flying flower pot :P
construction of the spawn island of Amber Vale has started smoothly.
Attachments
screenshot_20180711_193622.png
screenshot_20180711_193622.png (509.54 KiB) Viewed 986 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

binshaden
In-game: binshaden

by binshaden » Post

Texan
In-game: Texan

by Texan » Post

Binshaden: That is amazing! :D
-- Texan :)

Waffle
IRC: Waffle

by Waffle » Post

I had to give both zombie and EnderGirl a warning as far as them both breaking rules. EnderGirl called zombie an "idiot" and I made sure to tell her that that language was not appropriate and against the rules of Xanadu so I gave her the warning she needed. Then I found out that zombie has 2 other accounts when he logged off his main account (zombie) and logged back on as "lord" and since I know that it is also against the rules to use multiple accounts in our server I gave him a warning and politely let him know that he was breaking a rule by doing so and to stick to using only one nick.
Attachments
2.PNG
2.PNG (418.52 KiB) Viewed 986 times
1.PNG
1.PNG (268.33 KiB) Viewed 986 times