[Server] Xanadu

CroGamesVP
In-game: CROMBO

Re: Xanadu Server

by CroGamesVP » Post

NaoKat wrote:
neri2 wrote:Then you certainly do not understand society if you actually believe just because no one can see your face makes it right. As for jail, as I said, if you did that at any of the places listed the police would be involved not if you were watching a tv show. I will not even try to explain why society allows even such things as sex on tv as opposed to not, since you did not understand my comment you need to actually spend time thinking on these things for yourself ( a little introspection would do you much good). As for your being crazed about humor there are many types yes, crude among them however there is a time and a place for all things this is neither the time nor the place (meaning a childs sandbox game).
I never said if no one can see your face it makes things right. Read what I said again xD And you obviously don't understand what happened. I understood your comment completely. It doesn't matter if it was the wrong time or place. Minetest isnt meant specifically for children. Its for all ages, meaning you can have what you want on it. There was nothing stated, saying I couldn't say what I said, I ALWAYS follow the rules on places I like. There was no rule against what I did, there was nothing wrong with it, the mods just overreacted and decided to make their own rules.
NaoKat, it's true this is family server Dragonop is write here is KIDS! ,and moderators and admin .You can t do that this is no way! You can t type that on server! Server have kids for 10-15 year

botch
IRC: Botch
In-game: botch

by botch » Post

firefox wrote:the great penguin shall bless you neri!
i was thinking hard about "to reply or not to reply, that's the question ..." but you did it very good.

since this forum thread should represent the server, i feel like i must post an interesting screenshot to cover up all this and move the attention to something else.
so here is an interesting one from my collection:

I have not yet seen an actual moon (or sun) just a square block. Do I need to download something to see the moon like this image? (also the mini radar is pretty awesome too)

CroGamesVP
In-game: CROMBO

by CroGamesVP » Post

botch wrote:
i was thinking hard about "to reply or not to reply, that's the question ..." but you did it very good.

since this forum thread should represent the server, i feel like i must post an interesting screenshot to cover up all this and move the attention to something else.

I have not yet seen an actual moon (or sun) just a square block. Do I need to download something to see the moon like this image? (also the mini radar is pretty awesome too)
WOW how can have radar and moon in Xanadu?Where i can have it?Give me link

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

botch wrote:

Look for VanessaE's hdx texture pack, thats where I got the moon and sun textures from.
The mini radar is part of the mini map feature in minetest 0.4.13. Get it with some pressing of F9.

PS: I really like this texture for the round minimap. You maybe will like it too. Note, shift+f9 toggles between round and square look.

Texan
In-game: Texan

by Texan » Post

Love that place!

PS: I really like that moon, too. :)
-- Texan :)

Kelena
In-game: Kelena

by Kelena » Post

#Photobombed by Kelena hahaha
Love and nodes, Kel~ | | Playing only at Xanadu.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

i got my sun and moon from the John Smith texture pack. (all other textures are default)
the minimap overlay i use, is from the forum: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13035&hilit=minimap
the default one does not have the compass directions and the position mark.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

The "Textureable sun and moon" thread is about adding custom textures for those. Also take note of my saturn replacement for the moon in that thread or the orange in Wuzzy's Weird subgame.

botch
IRC: Botch
In-game: botch

by botch » Post

Okay, the F9 thing is AWE-SOME...now I'm still not certain about the moon thing, I can't get that to work

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

Kelena enjoying laying on grass next to flowersImage
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

Today is Bonny's birthday. So we decided to have a little party in minetest style.

Here we are having lava orb collecting competition, ended it with group selfie. Playing with you guys was so much fun! Congrats to Kelena for winning twice!

Here's bonny with her birthday present on two pictures:

Happy birthday Bonny! May you have lots of cupcakes in your life!

Texan
In-game: Texan

by Texan » Post

Happy birthday, bonny!! :)
I had so much fun at your party:

Look at this one! Not only does it show the Birthday Girl, it shows a flan sporting nametag, "Kelena".

Bonny totally deserved this party! :)

Btw: WOW to the huge gift!
-- Texan :)

Dorje
In-game: gryphon + MajesticBird

by Dorje » Post

@naocat if u want to speak if u weren't the one who did something wrong then /msg or /tell the player (/msg <playername> <message> simple :D
but anyway i dont want to get involved on this thing ...
Give me some EXTREME HARDCORE xD

i have to say this sad thing viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13458&p=195719#p195719

firefox

by firefox » Post

don't ruin bonny's birthday by bringing that up again.

bonny-chan, somewhere is Sol Sanctum there is a hidden pizza.
if you find it, i'll give it to you. =(^.^)=
(sorry, no cupcakes, but if you don't eat the pizza, you can later trade it for a cupcake.)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

firefox wrote:don't ruin bonny's birthday by bringing that up again.

bonny-chan, somewhere is Sol Sanctum there is a hidden pizza.
if you find it, i'll give it to you. =(^.^)=
(sorry, no cupcakes, but if you don't eat the pizza, you can later trade it for a cupcake.)
Found!
it was actually iska who found it haha
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

firefox

by firefox » Post

congrats! i will bring it to your mailbox later.
and if i i find a cow, i will trade it for a cupcake right away.

iska is back? =(0.0)=
the real iska, not "L"ska (lska) ?
i need to get back to Utgard and correct my failed window in the Underworld Library before he sees it ...
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Glorfindel
GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Post

Wow bonny, Happy Birthday!
Too bad I missed the party XD

BlueFireIceUn
In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Post

Happy birthday bonny. Sorry, I was in holidays that days ;(
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

Glorfindel
GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Post

Hey Ten, could you add chatplus to the server?

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Could you add the player skin shown below to the skins mod on this server? It's from http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/spl ... ling-male/ and was modified by VanessaE to work in Minetest.
Attachments
InklingBoy.png
InklingBoy.png (2.36 KiB) Viewed 734 times

noob101
In-game: noob101

A little review of Xanadu :-)

by noob101 » Post

Hey everybody,
I very recently paid this server my very first, but certainly not last visit. Please allow me to jot down a few points as a little bit of a review of my experience.

At first, like on many other servers, I was pretty much completely lost. Thankfully (and fit for my name xD) there is a noob place to get started comfortably. There I was also welcomed by another player who lent me a hand and handed out a few basics, like a cactus armor, if I wanted them or not :-) I accepted of course, but I would've been able to make that myself at the public cactus farm, but hey... On the other hand I also was given a steel sword, certainly good enough to start with. Thank you!

Thus equipped I went out in search for an open space to settle down - and found none. The near surroundings are very occupied. Here I'd ask for an admin to maybe unprotect and advertise abandoned builds for reuse?
However, I decided for a direction and walked straight on for some time until I found a fairly remote spot I liked. On that walk I discovered a bit of that HUGE diversity of the place - awesome. Much I do not know yet, but much I like already.

The rest is quickly told, I simply started to settle in. One funny thing to remember, very much so for a beginner at a server, is when another player gave away free diamonds at spawn. Very generous. Thanks!
I also had a bit of a chat with others, no complaints here, everybody nice and friendly so far!

Now for a few thinks I did not like:
  • The server crashed. A few times. Not fun.
  • The inventory is imho not the best. I like the big Unified Inventory I know from other places FAR more.
  • NO FASTMOVE, second biggest issue. OK, the boots, but still - it's a basic imho. Especially crossing water is a pain!
  • Last and worst: Seriously, ONE MINUTE to retrieve your bones? To pickup new equipment (if you have) or call out for help (if no equipment), get to the place again, kill that dratted monster and finally pick up your stuff? SERIOUSLY? Gotta be kidding, right? Noooo?
OK yes, that WAS a fun killer (especially since I did not know beforehand!), losing your valuable diamond tools as a newbie isn't cool at all.

Now I'd like to hear your opinions. But please leave me alive, thank you.

Have fun, noob101

firefox

by firefox » Post

Now for a few thinks I did not like:

The server crashed. A few times. Not fun.
The inventory is imho not the best. I like the big Unified Inventory I know from other places FAR more.
NO FASTMOVE, second biggest issue. OK, the boots, but still - it's a basic imho. Especially crossing water is a pain!
Last and worst: Seriously, ONE MINUTE to retrieve your bones? To pickup new equipment (if you have) or call out for help (if no equipment), get to the place again, kill that dratted monster and finally pick up your stuff? SERIOUSLY? Gotta be kidding, right? Noooo?
first, welcome to the lands of Xanadu.

server crashes are indeed unfortunate, but they happen much less often now. (performance is steadily improved)

the inventory has the same number of slots as always.
unified_inventory has a long loading time and displays a lot of buttons that are not usable by normal players.
therefore it is not used.

for fast move, you have to get crystal boots. you need 8 mese and 8 crystal spikes to make them.
to cross water, you need a boat (5 wooden planks).

to protect your items, you can use bags.
bags are made of leather, which can be collected by huntig tofu-cows.
tofu-cows fight back if you attack them, but with your cactus armor you should be fine.
alternatively you can buy bags from iska's shops in the Noob Area and yellow path. (bring tree trunks).
your crafting grid is also a safe place.

bones don't exist here. if you die, your inventory items drop on the ground.
(just like when you kill a mob)
every item that lies on the ground disappears after a minute (or was it 2 minutes?).
this is to keep nature clean and reduce lag.
use bags to save your important items.
or put them in the crafting grid, it's the same as a bag.
your armor is also safe.

and lastly some tips for PvP:
Players are safe inside protected areas. only the owner of that area and the Players listed on the protectors can attack other Players there. so if you fear to be attacked in the wilderness, keep a protection block with you that you can place to guard yourself when an opponent appears.
this does not apply to monsters, they can always attack you.
although the exploding fireballs of Dungeon Masters and Lords cannot destroy protected blocks.
so you can also use protectors to prevent them from blasting the ground beneath your feet.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Well said firefox :)

Neon
In-game: Neon

Re: A little review of Xanadu :-)

by Neon » Post

noob101 wrote:Thus equipped I went out in search for an open space to settle down - and found none. The near surroundings are very occupied. Here I'd ask for an admin to maybe unprotect and advertise abandoned builds for reuse?
However, I decided for a direction and walked straight on for some time until I found a fairly remote spot I liked.

That is a good idea, unprotecting abandoned (and low-value) builds so others may use the space. But that has the problem that somebody has to make a judgment call about what is abandoned (and low value) enough to release. This could very easily create a sore spot with some players.

Remote areas where one can build are not very difficult to find. There are four roads that lead away from spawn, and you merely have to walk far enough along them to find road-front real estate. Alternatively, there are a few stargate-like teleport areas, that will send you to certain areas that are far from the roads.

Additionally, there are a few rare places that people are willing to share (where they have built something, and they will let you have a small portion to call your own if you stay with the theme they have made). An example of this third sort of place is the Space Station, many of the "towns" (Midville, Noobville, etc), and Spawn II. However, the people who built these areas can sometimes be rather particular about who they let build there. I have found that you can get "street cred" by making some sort of awesome build (say, build a huge statue or recreate something out of fiction). Then people know that you have the skills to enhance the area they share with others.

firefox

by firefox » Post

the Burning Lands also have free space, but the public farm and mine there were lost when the Cursed Mountains appeared. there are neither trees nor edible plants in the Burning Lands, so you have to bring some resources and occasionally move out to gather materials.

if you like red grass and fire, feel free to join us.
(the roads will be expanded if need. only the Burning Road is a dead end because it leads to the Cursed Mountains)

to get there, go through the green path at spawn, then use the Iron Stargate behind the tree farm.
then go to me2's shop and use the Subway. (there is a stair with lots of fire, you can't miss it)
then take the railway to the left. (bring a minecart, it's too long to walk)

there are only 3 rules in the Burning Lands.
i hate cobble cubes. you must have at least the skill to make a house with roof, door and windows.
i hate holes. if you want dirt or sand, craft it from cobble or get it somewhere else.
the volcanos are a holy. if you break them or spill water near them, divine wrath will fall upon you.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨