[Server] Xanadu

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: Xanadu Server

by TenPlus1 » Tue May 03, 2016 20:15

Most of what players already have glimpsed from the old map was obtained by using the local map saving function in minetest itself (enable_local_map_saving = true) as well as numerous screenshots taken before reset to remember what was there :)

Glorfindel is correct in that with the new server came a full format and nothing was kept of the old apart from a minetest.conf file with tweaked settings... Even the mods were reworked to work with the latest 0.4.13 dev version that was installed to make things run smoother.

As for the backups, the old map was huge, 35gb and then some and since it was so corrupt at the end we saw fit to delete these files to save space for the new backup files which are steadily growing daily.
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Wed May 04, 2016 03:47

Glorfindel a laser hill is a hill which looks like it has been man-made, and laser cut from the ground.
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Wed May 04, 2016 09:10

can i have a big plot in the white path(around 40x75) for a Victorian mansion? i made it on mc, the picture is in the attachment.
Attachments
castle to build.PNG
(174.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

User avatar
Glorfindel
Member
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 20:05
GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

Re: Xanadu Server

by Glorfindel » Wed May 04, 2016 13:55

Killerz wrote:Glorfindel a laser hill is a hill which looks like it has been man-made, and laser cut from the ground.

Ahhh, I see.
 

User avatar
Johnny Joy
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 20:26
GitHub: johnnyjoy
In-game: jjb

Re: Xanadu Server

by Johnny Joy » Wed May 04, 2016 15:37

That settles it. If it's deleted it's deleted.

Thanks.

TenPlus1 wrote:Most of what players already have glimpsed from the old map was obtained by using the local map saving function in minetest itself (enable_local_map_saving = true) as well as numerous screenshots taken before reset to remember what was there :)

Glorfindel is correct in that with the new server came a full format and nothing was kept of the old apart from a minetest.conf file with tweaked settings... Even the mods were reworked to work with the latest 0.4.13 dev version that was installed to make things run smoother.

As for the backups, the old map was huge, 35gb and then some and since it was so corrupt at the end we saw fit to delete these files to save space for the new backup files which are steadily growing daily.
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Wed May 04, 2016 15:56

Hey ten can i have this skin?
Attachments
download.png
(4.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

User avatar
IceAgeComing
Member
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 21:19

Re: Xanadu Server

by IceAgeComing » Wed May 04, 2016 17:31

Killerz wrote:can i have a big plot in the white path(around 40x75) for a Victorian mansion? i made it on mc, the picture is in the attachment.


Thank you for your interest, but this exact building in this picture has been done already by crafterlouie in last Xanadu map. Its very popular minecraft building, lots of ppl have done their versions of it. :D I think louie making something like this on white path already.

Maybe you can think of something else? Also i would love to see your other buildings. :)
 

mystik
Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 22:16
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

Re: Xanadu Server

by mystik » Wed May 04, 2016 19:48

Johnny Joy wrote:That settles it. If it's deleted it's deleted.


On that note, I am soliciting any map save files folks may have had of the old map file. I have a tool that can merge in multiple mapsaves into one master copy. My interest in this data is to try to create a complete surface map (which can be seen here)

If you have clean data from the old server (regardless of vintage or size), get in touch with me via private message, and we can arrange a way to transport it to me to be merged in. I've already had a number of sizable contributions, which has helped me get it to (roughly) 500mb.
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Thu May 05, 2016 03:53

Ok, ill think of some other mansion/castle to build.
That mansion itself took a lot of inspiration,If nothing comes to my mind i
will probably look at a few designs on the net.
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

minetestjosh
Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 13:32

Re: Xanadu Server

by minetestjosh » Thu May 05, 2016 05:41

mystik wrote:
Johnny Joy wrote:That settles it. If it's deleted it's deleted.


On that note, I am soliciting any map save files folks may have had of the old map file. I have a tool that can merge in multiple mapsaves into one master copy. My interest in this data is to try to create a complete surface map (which can be seen here)

If you have clean data from the old server (regardless of vintage or size), get in touch with me via private message, and we can arrange a way to transport it to me to be merged in. I've already had a number of sizable contributions, which has helped me get it to (roughly) 500mb.


I wish I knew about enable_local_map_saving. I traveled extensively and toured the entire Xanadu spawn maps for many days, I bet I would've had a relatively "complete" save. Sadly I have nothing but meager screenshots to provide, most of which have already been posted in this thread anyway...
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Thu May 05, 2016 08:59

zack swore and no mod was on,i took a screenshot
Attachments
screenshot_20160505_142218.png
(325.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
 
Posts: 2573
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: Xanadu Server

by TenPlus1 » Thu May 05, 2016 09:25

Looks like the swear filter caught him and kicked him offline, but if he persists a limit is coming his way.
Attachments
character_912.png.png
(753 Bytes) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by TenPlus1 on Sat May 07, 2016 09:51, edited 2 times in total.
 

mystik
Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 22:16
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

Re: Xanadu Server

by mystik » Thu May 05, 2016 13:23

Someone Wrote hi on top of the lucky blocks arena ....
 

User avatar
Texan
Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 16:02
In-game: Texan

Re: Xanadu Server

by Texan » Fri May 06, 2016 18:44

That map itself is amazing, mystik!!
-- Texan :)
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Sat May 07, 2016 06:52

This is what 95 bunnies in 1 room look like
Attachments
screenshot_20160507_121858.png
(473.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Sat May 07, 2016 07:19

Is the server down? i cant log in.
Edit:nvm
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

noob101
Member
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 05:37
In-game: noob101

Re: Xanadu Server

by noob101 » Sat May 07, 2016 07:46

Killerz wrote:This is what 95 bunnies in 1 room look like


Could you hold a carrot for us please? XD

Have fun, noob101
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Sat May 07, 2016 07:53

Rofl noob
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Sun May 08, 2016 09:49

New type of mob found- the killer-josh
Attachments
screenshot_20160508_151752.png
(477.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

minetestjosh
Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 13:32

Re: Xanadu Server

by minetestjosh » Sun May 08, 2016 10:51

killerz found a 15x rainbow nyan! And I found one with 7 literally 10 minutes before he did!

Epic mining adventure.
Attachments
screenshot_20160508_033211.png
(338.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Sun May 08, 2016 10:58

Now that makes us tied for the lead i think
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Mon May 09, 2016 10:30

Hey guys im having a problem where these blocks appear instead of the glass half slab, can someone help me? picture in the attachment. the blocks below the redwood which are pink and black.
Edit: Nvm i have found a solution
Attachments
screenshot_20160509_155814.png
(573.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

minetestjosh
Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 13:32

Re: Xanadu Server

by minetestjosh » Mon May 09, 2016 11:22

Killerz wrote:Hey guys im having a problem where these blocks appear instead of the glass half slab, can someone help me? picture in the attachment. the blocks below the redwood which are pink and black.
Edit: Nvm i have found a solution


fixed it, not sure what happened, but I do know I had an invis glass cage for a kitten on bronze path and the slabs turned to blocks, so whatever happened happened... fixed.
Attachments
screenshot_20160509_042112.png
(674.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
 

User avatar
Bonny
Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 15:23
Location: Cupcakesland

Re: Xanadu Server

by Bonny » Mon May 09, 2016 15:08

soo this is what happens when somebody afks at xanadu :)
Image
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today
 

Minetest Sam
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 09:26

Re: Xanadu Server

by Minetest Sam » Tue May 10, 2016 14:36

TenPlus1 ( Dude find a nick by which I can call you cause Tenplus1 is 11 lol got the joke,no,k,I will stop now ) the block glitch system is really helping me to cross the barriers on the white path maybe you can do it like the protection blocks kills the player in its radius when he/she tries to place/break a block in that radius
 

PreviousNext

Return to Servers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests