[Server] Xanadu

ARCHLINUX

Re: Xanadu Server

by ARCHLINUX » Post

Xhole, just be cool , with love
Last edited by ARCHLINUX on Fri Jul 15, 2016 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
♕GNU♛

~Xhole
IRC: x
In-game: Xhole

by ~Xhole » Post

Okay firstly Arch I dont like aruging with people.You should know that you are being immature and rude.Telling someone to go to hell isnt acceptable. Another thing if we are talking about the iska.He is a mod who takes good care of Xanadu.This server has been through too much.Reasons why iska is strict with the rules. Many new players dont know the history with this server.Which is why many people might see him as rude. You need to understand iska is doing what he thinks is right.
~X~

ARCHLINUX

by ARCHLINUX » Post

Always pass on what you have learned.
Last edited by ARCHLINUX on Fri Jul 15, 2016 18:07, edited 2 times in total.
♕GNU♛

~Xhole

by ~Xhole » Post

I honestly dont understand a word youre saying.....
~X~

Killerz
In-game: Killerz

by Killerz » Post

Why don't we all just forget this and move on?
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Archlinux control your anger. These people are making mistakes, but everytime they do something to you, you are doing it ten times. Calm down. Iska and the rest of them are bound to be madly strict - they've been through a lot of "s**t" experiences. I'm not saying their attitude is right, but it won't help if you're worse then them. It can't have been nice to have been called what you were by Xhole, or whatever iska did to you, but you should try to understand. Control your anger.

Minetest Sam

by Minetest Sam » Post

I really resist replying here but please stop this nonsense.If you get banned from here then there are many more servers and the moderators too by replying all you do is increase the player's anger.Just leave him/her dont reply on their comment and they will understand that soon enough and move on and moreover think about 11(TenPlus1) wont he get annoyed with all this going on.

ARCHLINUX

by ARCHLINUX » Post

I love you all, peace and meditation!!
Last edited by ARCHLINUX on Fri Jul 15, 2016 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
♕GNU♛

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

I find it quite sad, how because of troublemakers like Niebieski, the server has to be once again unavailable to new users. But i guess it has to be like that, so players on Xanadu could actually enjoy playing there, instead of suffering the attacks from banned players, who keep making new accounts after another, just to cause trouble on the server.

Niebieski was rightfully limited, this wasn't first time he has acted disrespectful towards server rules. Actually i remember quite several occurrences from past, even far before server had its reset. He has shown multiple times that he does not care what rules are or what moderators or even owner of server says.

Iska is a goodhearted moderator, who has done a lot for this server. He does not deserve this drama on forum around him. So i encourage all of you to just move on, and let this topic rest.

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

I know it might be a mistake to intervene in these endless dramas.
However, I want to say one thing:

Why. What's the sense behind all this complaining? I honestly don't get it. Moderators and Rules are there to keep a server tidy, to prevent such dramas, and the forum is not here to be a displacement of a discussion-venue.

Things could be a lot easier if people just listened to that what the moderators, the administrators as well as the rules say. Too often I have seen now players that react with insults against moderators who tried to make someone aware of the rules in a friendly way. And - to be honest - I am tired of visiting the server with ongoing dramas like these.

So I hope that people, in the future, will simply listen to what Moderators, Administrators and the server rules tell them. Because this has to do something with respect. If someone doesn't like the rules then nobody forces her/him to stay any longer on the server.

So please, just stop with these pointless discussions about bagatelles that aren't even worth it to be discussed or argued.

ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

@Ice, you are right, but you made matters worse by the way you delivered your statement. Thank you, but please avoid assuming intentions and mentioning specific players. It just makes things worse. Thank you.

@Ice Also, I haven't forgotten the way I behaved an year ago. If you look in my later posts, you should notice a difference.

@Phiwari thank you for the less destabilizing delivery, and yes things could be a lot easier. What we need to learn is to control our anger and emotions, and to control the part of us that wants to be reckless, and try to understand the feelings of angrier people. Thank you.

Yours
Cheers, ABJ

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

aw... i always miss all the drama :(
well, better late than never :P
solars wrote:No new user accepted?
registration is locked because of repeated attacks of banned players. it should be fixed soon.
ARCHLINUX wrote:ISKA is admin with a Diacator concepts, people like you not shoul been in open source comunity go to hell!!!

for other people and mebers sory for negative, im not tolerant to lawless
open-source is not anarchy and a private server is not an open-source project. internet trolls and haters are not needed for both.
ARCHLINUX wrote:yeah dupe actualy work on serv, and looting protect chest, and across wall walk, privacy block break actualy with your mods

people if you wanna lag server or shutdown you need a dig one tonnel to -10000, at the bottom pour water on 100 block down for alive and just jump server not cache it all, and occurs overload

one pixel bug when you jump from any height just hold shit on a 1 block hole you will alive

good bye!
are giving instructions for creating glitches that can crash a server? one more reason to get you banned.
TenPlus1 wrote:Image
so, you are doing internet?
well, i'm gonna do a book.

*nothing happens*

aw...
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Killerz
In-game: Killerz

by Killerz » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Image
Flying out of proportion by a rainbow computer

+10
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

firefox wrote:registration is locked because of repeated attacks of banned players. it should be fixed soon.
Is there actual work being done for xanadu or minetest that would prevent future attacks?

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

auouymous wrote:
firefox wrote:registration is locked because of repeated attacks of banned players. it should be fixed soon.
Is there actual work being done for xanadu or minetest that would prevent future attacks?
Not much can be done, this is true of any online game. An unique, per-machine ID could be generated and sent to the server (and server administrators would be able to ban those IDs), but those IDs are relatively easy to falsify.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

We have a feature that stops new players from joining the server as well as kicking limited players off the server when the try to join... This can stop attacks but in the process limits the number of players on server... I am adding a new admin command to open/close these virtual borders at will.

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:We have a feature that stops new players from joining the server as well as kicking limited players off the server when the try to join... This can stop attacks but in the process limits the number of players on server... I am adding a new admin command to open/close these virtual borders at will.
What about using ipset and iptables to drop packets from tor? A cron script can download IPs from https://check.torproject.org/cgi-bin/To ... port=30000 every day, clear old ones and add new ones. Are the attackers using any of the IPs in that list?

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

auouymous wrote:
TenPlus1 wrote:We have a feature that stops new players from joining the server as well as kicking limited players off the server when the try to join... This can stop attacks but in the process limits the number of players on server... I am adding a new admin command to open/close these virtual borders at will.
What about using ipset and iptables to drop packets from tor? A cron script can download IPs from https://check.torproject.org/cgi-bin/To ... port=30000 every day, clear old ones and add new ones. Are the attackers using any of the IPs in that list?
Tor only supports TCP -- Minetest network protocol is UDP based. Blocking the Tor Exit nodes won't have much effect.

Halliday

by Halliday » Post

I cannot get on the server and I'm not new!

Is everything ok?

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

Halliday wrote:I cannot get on the server and I'm not new!

Is everything ok?
probably because of the glitch that happened before where they had to rollback player files, so maybe it counts you as a new player now and doesn't let you log back in.
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

~Xhole

by ~Xhole » Post

Arch youre unbelievable.Your profile picture is bleh.I dont understand why your doing this.Youre making yourself look so immature so stupid. I see why every mod is done with you.
~X~

Johnny Joy
GitHub: johnnyjoy
In-game: jjb

by Johnny Joy » Post

If you look closely at ARCHLINUX's profile pic, you can see he's kind of a dick.

All services are tested by people like this and ultimately improved. Email was once completely insecure compared to how secure it is now. All services go through this maturation process. The ungrateful, immature, and ignorant are all routed around as if there weren't there, and then are soon forgotten. It just takes time time. So, please do not be sad. He's teaching us. After all we aren't as adept as being a complete dick as he is.

The good news is that is couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
IceAgeComing wrote:I find it quite sad, how because of troublemakers like Niebieski, the server has to be once again unavailable to new users. But i guess it has to be like that, so players on Xanadu could actually enjoy playing there, instead of suffering the attacks from banned players, who keep making new accounts after another, just to cause trouble on the server.

Niebieski was rightfully limited, this wasn't first time he has acted disrespectful towards server rules. Actually i remember quite several occurrences from past, even far before server had its reset. He has shown multiple times that he does not care what rules are or what moderators or even owner of server says.

Iska is a goodhearted moderator, who has done a lot for this server. He does not deserve this drama on forum around him. So i encourage all of you to just move on, and let this topic rest.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Johnny Joy is correct, with each attack of idiocy on Xanadu we add precautions to stop them happening again, which is why the borders are currently closed to new players unless we open them for a time... Duplicate item bugs have been fixed and if anyone finds any new bugs my mailbox is outside the Lucky Arena for any books.

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

@Arch, if you're going to be a h4x3r, you don't announce it. And I have doubts you can do all of those things. 1 IP has 3 chances for an account, and there are ways to block it.

@other_mods ignore him. We'll see how much he can do.