by miloszs » Post

there arent gateway options

ParaklataChotou
GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

Re: [Guide] Create and maintain a server on Windows

by ParaklataChotou » Post

miloszs wrote:what i have to do in firewall?
it's not on firewall on Control Panel.
It's on gateway firewall option.
I hope this video would help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ZjYWvtFjw
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

miloszs
GitHub: miloszs
IRC: miloszs mmmm
In-game: miloszs mmmm

by miloszs » Post

i can join my wordl in server list with my IPv4 IP but other players cant join that world. (i did server announce:true)

miloszs
GitHub: miloszs
IRC: miloszs mmmm
In-game: miloszs mmmm

by miloszs » Post

what i have to do to other players can join?

margroloc

by margroloc » Post

Is this guide still up to date?

It mentions editing a minetest.config file, but there are no .config files. Did you mean to write minetest.conf?

If so, which minetest.conf file are we supposed to be editing? There are two included in the windows download...

One is in
\minetest-0.4.14-win64\minetest-0.4.14

The other is in
\minetest-0.4.14-win64\minetest-0.4.14\games\minetest_game

The minetest.conf.example text files also don't include the same commands as listed here in the reference file
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/minet ... nf.example
so what in the world is going on?

This is super confusing, because one is blank while the otherone is a blob of text. Which do we use? What's going on?

Chiu ChunLing

by Chiu ChunLing » Post

I have a problem getting my port forwarding working. I've set up my default gateway as instructed, but http://portchecker.co/check still says the port isn't open and others can't get access to the game world from outside the local network (I can access the server from other computers inside the local network just fine, as well as from my own computer).

I've successfully forwarded ports before, but I think that something has changed that is messing things up. I tried putting a rule in my firewall that excepts the port in question (as described at http://www.thewindowsclub.com/block-ope ... 8-firewall), but that hasn't worked and if it isn't necessary I'd rather revert that change. The other thing that I've noticed is that the private IP addresses of everything on the network has changed from what it used to be, the default gateway (as listed by ipconfig) is now 10.0.0.1 and my computer is 10.0.0.7, but the gateway used to be 192.168.1.2 (and before that it was 192.168.1.1, but Google Fiber put their modem there). I can still access my router at 192.168.1.2 as well as at 10.0.0.1, and I can bring up the GF modem at 192.168.1.1 (and I don't know any alternate private IP for it).

So should I be following https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/4646676 to configure UPnP forwarding, or https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/4643957 to have both the GF Network Box (and my router) forward the port, or forwarding everything and setting up a DMZ, or what?

ParaklataChotou

Chiu ChunLing wrote:I have a problem getting my port forwarding working. I've set up my default gateway as instructed, but http://portchecker.co/check still says the port isn't open and others can't get access to the game world from outside the local network (I can access the server from other computers inside the local network just fine, as well as from my own computer).

I've successfully forwarded ports before, but I think that something has changed that is messing things up. I tried putting a rule in my firewall that excepts the port in question (as described at http://www.thewindowsclub.com/block-ope ... 8-firewall), but that hasn't worked and if it isn't necessary I'd rather revert that change. The other thing that I've noticed is that the private IP addresses of everything on the network has changed from what it used to be, the default gateway (as listed by ipconfig) is now 10.0.0.1 and my computer is 10.0.0.7, but the gateway used to be 192.168.1.2 (and before that it was 192.168.1.1, but Google Fiber put their modem there). I can still access my router at 192.168.1.2 as well as at 10.0.0.1, and I can bring up the GF modem at 192.168.1.1 (and I don't know any alternate private IP for it).

So should I be following https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/4646676 to configure UPnP forwarding, or https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/4643957 to have both the GF Network Box (and my router) forward the port, or forwarding everything and setting up a DMZ, or what?
When you open the server on shortcut, you don't need to open it again - it's already open. So, the way you can join to server as admin user, is going to server list. Not on server tab.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

Chiu ChunLing

by Chiu ChunLing » Post

I can run a server. Players can log into the server as a client from any computer on my local network. I can also log in as the admin user from my own computer. This is not the problem.

The problem is that forwarding the port on my router doesn't work to allow players to connect over the internet. When I check my port forwarding online the port is still blocked. I believe this may have to do with the change in my ISP introducing a a Google Fiber Network Box at the top of my local network. If that were the case, what would be the most appropriate means of getting the Google Fiber Network Box to forward the port?

ParaklataChotou

Chiu ChunLing wrote:I can run a server. Players can log into the server as a client from any computer on my local network. I can also log in as the admin user from my own computer. This is not the problem.

The problem is that forwarding the port on my router doesn't work to allow players to connect over the internet. When I check my port forwarding online the port is still blocked. I believe this may have to do with the change in my ISP introducing a a Google Fiber Network Box at the top of my local network. If that were the case, what would be the most appropriate means of getting the Google Fiber Network Box to forward the port?
ok, if you followed the instructions Server Announce is on. Ok.
Did you remember the gateway part? There's something that some routers happen. Some routers it's impossible stablish an static IP. If you try to do this in Control Panel on Internet Option, the Internet will not work. But there's another option that you can do. In your Gateway Page, find Firewall option. Then there will be an option to add the internal ip address. Add it and enable it. Or, if it doesn't appear, check if in Firewall area of Gateway page there's other option (such as DMZ) . It helped me to make my pc recognize ip and now I can run servers.
CraigyDavi wrote:You need to get to the port forwarding settings. They may be under the firewall settings. It may also be called “Forward a new game/application.

Xudo
GitHub: akryukov92
In-game: Xudo

by Xudo » Post

I think it is better to make batch file to start a server. It is just a text file with name "start.bat" containing text

Code: Select all

minetest.exe --server --worldname WorldName > log.txt
pause
On error it will not close immediately and text of any error will present in file "log.txt"

SuperPantsofDoom
In-game: aslar

by SuperPantsofDoom » Post

Xudo wrote:I think it is better to make batch file to start a server. It is just a text file with name "start.bat" containing text

Code: Select all

minetest.exe --server --worldname WorldName > log.txt
pause
On error it will not close immediately and text of any error will present in file "log.txt"
what DIR should this be in
check out my subgame yentest viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16014

ynong123
GitHub: ynong123
IRC: ynong123
In-game: ynong123

by ynong123 » Post

I want my server running on my domain servers.ynong123.tk with port 30001. I set a SRV record in my zone file:

Name: _minetest._udp.servers.ynong123.tk.
TTL: 14400
Priority: 0
Weight: 5
Port: 30001
Target: servers.ynong123.tk

I also set an A record:

Name: servers.ynong123.tk.
TTL: 14400
Target: xxx.xxx.xx.xxx (My external IP address)

In my minetest.conf file, I set server_address to servers.ynong123.tk.

When I launch the server, the command prompt says that the server was running on 0.0.0.0:30001.

What is the problem? How do I solve it?
Take a look of my mods:
Password Chest
Color Decoration Block
Trapplus

Forgive me for my bad English.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Is it secure?
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:Is it secure?
:I yes
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

ManElevation wrote:
what is dat little face? I just ask a second time to be sure! :]

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:
ManElevation wrote:
what is dat little face? I just ask a second time to be sure! :]
:I
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

:|

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

I still don't understand how to create servers, i use o2 Box

ANAND
GitHub: magnetar47
IRC: MAGNETAR ANAND
In-game: ANAND and all names with Tomato

by ANAND » Post

I'm trying to get an MT server up and running (just for fun). I've followed the guide to the 'T' and can access the server from within my network (by connecting to 127.0.0.1:30000). But it can't be found in the server-list (server_announce = true) and neither can I manually connect with the IP - Looks like I've not configured port-forwarding correctly... My router's port-forwarding page isn't the same as the one from CraigyDavi post - I'll attach a screen-shot of the page below:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (17.55 KiB) Viewed 3527 times
Can someone help me with the correct procedure for port-forwarding on this router?

IP Address = 192.168.1.100 (server's internal address)
Internal Port = 30000
External Port = 30000
Remote IP Address = ??? (I left it blank)
The console displays something which I believe is the result of mis-configured port-forwarding:
Listening on 0.0.0.0:30000
Seems like many others have faced the same problem... Is DMZ the solution to this?
Last edited by ANAND on Fri Feb 02, 2018 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods

cdb_NXKPOcRlgUGdMyf8uLoUQvnMGIfuaHmp

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

ANAND: Your router configuration is in the correct format - however, you should check whether you forwarded the correct IP. Open "ipconfig"/"ifconfig" to get the current IP. If it's no longer "192.168.1.100", configure your network adapter so you get a static address. Some routers forward ports by the hostname, so it's always the correct computer.

If that didn't help either, try getting your external IP address "what is my IP?" and insert it into the field in your router configuration.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Krock wrote:ANAND: Your router configuration is in the correct format - however, you should check whether you forwarded the correct IP. Open "ipconfig"/"ifconfig" to get the current IP. If it's no longer "192.168.1.100", configure your network adapter so you get a static address. Some routers forward ports by the hostname, so it's always the correct computer.

If that didn't help either, try getting your external IP address "what is my IP?" and insert it into the field in your router configuration.
My IP is indeed set (on the router and my adapter) to 192.168.1.100 permanently (which also does not interfere with the DHCP's IP pool). I'll try your second suggestion, but where do I insert my public IP - "Remote IP Address"?
My Mods

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

It seems like the router settings have impossible description :P

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

ANAND wrote:but where do I insert my public IP - "Remote IP Address"?
Yes, but before filling it in there: Contact someone who can try to access your server from outside your network. I've seen routers which didn't respond when connecting from the internal network to the external IP. There's also "MinetestBot" in IRC/freenode #minetest who can check whether your server is up or not -> "!up address port" (works in the private chat/PM too).
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Krock wrote:Yes, but before filling it in there: Contact someone who can try to access your server from outside your network. I've seen routers which didn't respond when connecting from the internal network to the external IP. There's also "MinetestBot" in IRC/freenode #minetest who can check whether your server is up or not -> "!up address port" (works in the private chat/PM too).
The server can't be accessed from outside, and MinetestBot says that my server seems to be down - also the server console displays this:
Listening on 0.0.0.0:30000
My Mods