a minetest "circle" has multiple but never one
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

This here be the only Freeminer server that Minetest can connect to. How is this so?

This server needs a protection mod, so give the one linked to below a try:
viewtopic.php?pid=124128#p124128

You might also benefit from the mod linked to below:
viewtopic.php?id=8816
Last edited by Inocudom on Wed Apr 02, 2014 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Thanks for the map, beautiful structures.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Inocudom wrote: This server needs a protection mod, so give the one linked to below a try:
Are you sure? In my experience, the freeminer servers usually have very intresting landscape and nice textures that invite to build with - but they fail at the building aspect. Protection mods are integrated half-heartedly, admins shrug when listening to complaints about unprovoked PvP or melting buildings (that ice will melt is not immediately obvious..), have no rollback, buildings scattered around, spawns that are a mess...Only one of those servers seems to aim at building, and that has fall damage disabled. If you want to build, best do it there. Please don't "abuse" the other Freeminer servers for building. They seem to be there only for exploring the landscape.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Inocudom wrote: This server needs a protection mod, so give the one linked to below a try:
Are you sure? In my experience, the freeminer servers usually have very intresting landscape and nice textures that invite to build with - but they fail at the building aspect. Protection mods are integrated half-heartedly, admins shrug when listening to complaints about unprovoked PvP or melting buildings (that ice will melt is not immediately obvious..), have no rollback, buildings scattered around, spawns that are a mess...Only one of those servers seems to aim at building, and that has fall damage disabled. If you want to build, best do it there. Please don't "abuse" the other Freeminer servers for building. They seem to be there only for exploring the landscape.
That other server... Minetest clients can't link to it, and I refuse beyond refuse to download an outdated Freeminer client. I asked more than once for the developers of Freeminer to give information on how to compile Freeminer builds for Windows. The response I got was cold and uncaring:
http://forum.freeminer.org/threads/nobo ... /#post-772
I can't give support for a game that has developers that are distant and don't care.
Last edited by Inocudom on Thu Apr 03, 2014 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Inocudom wrote: That other server...
isn't bad :-) Perhaps you can manage to connect to it with an old freeminer client?
A list of my mods can be found here.