[Server] VanessaE's Free-for-All server [git]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Free-for-All server [0.4.x]

by VanessaE » Post

Skin installed. It'll be available after the morning restart.

LorenzoVulcan
GitHub: aegroto

by LorenzoVulcan » Post

Can i suggest to add some mods in this server? :P This is pretty good and doesn't lag but there isn't so much to craft but furnitures.
And i think you should also install a crafting guide with "search" button because the one it's on right now is really frustating.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Do you have any particular mods in mind? I want to keep this server lightweight enough that it behaves well on tablets.

As for the craft guide, you're right, it is a little frustrating. Same question, do you have a suggestion for one that'll work (preferably one which has no other dependencies)? I'd just use Unified Inventory here as I do on my other servers, but some tablet users have had problems with that mod in the past.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

VanessaE wrote:I'd just use Unified Inventory here as I do on my other servers, but some tablet users have had problems with that mod in the past.
Yes, I guess their screen is just too small for this complex formspec.
An alternative would be Zeg9's craft guide but it depends on inventory++ or it will create the command /m ..
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

LorenzoVulcan

by LorenzoVulcan » Post

VanessaE wrote:Do you have any particular mods in mind? I want to keep this server lightweight enough that it behaves well on tablets.
Mmmh...i'm talking about big mods like Technic and BuildTest,but i don't think they're light enough for tablets.Anyway,who plays this server on tablet? There aren't so much players and i think everyone plays on PC as they move really fast.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

VanessaE wrote: Do you have any particular mods in mind? I want to keep this server lightweight enough that it behaves well on tablets.
My replacer mod recently got an additional inspection tool which shows the receipes of nodes on right-click. Furnaces, chests and other nodes which have their own formspecs require sneak-rightclick - something which might be rather un-handy for tablet users. Also it does not have an exit button yet. It's easier to press ESC on the keyboard. Perhaps tablet users could explain what they need and what works well and what not? A few changes to the interface would be easy to do (i.e. exit-button, showing receipe on normal left-click/dig, showhing which blocks belong to a group). The official Android client behaves diffrent from what players using those unofficial, unsupported ones report.

The tool has the advantage of beeing very lightweight, while still knowing that groups exist and supporting them to a degree. It does not provide an overview over all existing nodes. People need sample nodes in order to click on them and see their receipe. The components of a receipe are of course clickable and reveal that component's receipe.

There's another, older craft-guide out there that does not attach to the inventory screen but provides extra nodes as external craft-guides - one hanging at the wall, one imitating a computer. It used to be pretty popular, but it's not up to date anymore and may not help tablet users much anyway.
A list of my mods can be found here.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Actually about 75% of my players are on tablets or phones. If you want to use Technic and other big mods, best to play on my Creative or Survival servers (ports 30000 and 30001, respectively).

LorenzoVulcan

by LorenzoVulcan » Post

VanessaE wrote:Actually about 75% of my players are on tablets or phones. If you want to use Technic and other big mods, best to play on my Creative or Survival servers (ports 30000 and 30001, respectively).
Sorry to say but other servers are 100% protected.Building,then mining,then building,the mining again is not what i want to do when i play minetest.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I'm afraid your post doesn't make any sense...

LorenzoVulcan

by LorenzoVulcan » Post

VanessaE wrote:I'm afraid your post doesn't make any sense...
I'm just saying that i don't like other servers because i think minetest should be more free,and this server makes me amuse more.That's why i want more mods in this server.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Notice to all users of my servers: I have changed the morning restart time to 1:30 am to better coincide with the slowest period my servers seem to experience lately. This change affects all of my servers.

VanessaE

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Free-for-All server [git]

by VanessaE » Post

Update: I've added Zeno's + WindHero's caverealms mod to this server (Zeno's fork, "mtz" branch). Standard settings, so the really big caves are at -10'000 and deeper.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This server's config has been updated such that it now requires 0.4.11 or newer to connect. If you are using 0.4.10 or earlier, the server will reject your connection. I did this to curb uses of outdated clients that can't properly render all of the media and drawtypes that are in use on this server.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Post

vanessaE the protection mods kinda ruin the server's free for all theme, i can understand a few at spawn but with everyone having them it is impossible to raid bases, also could u add the lockpick mod on there because locked chests also ruin the fun of raiding and hiding your base

Diamond knight

by Diamond knight » Post

VanessaE wrote:Griefing isn't expressly allowed anywhere on this server, but it's up to other players to fix it when it does happen - hence, protect your stuff.
nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is there any truly free for all servers than

guess this nullifies my last post

some free for all server if greifing isnt allowed like that

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I should say that griefing is not expressly "encouraged", rather than "allowed".

"FreeForAll" in this instance means that interact is granted by default, players can kill and be killed, there are hostile MOBs (unless I configured that wrong), and players' structures are fair game if they're not protected. Players should not expect admins to deal with on-server problems as would normally be the case elsewhere.

Just don't grief, as that's just bad gameplay - but do expect to BE griefed by others if you don't protect your stuff, and don't complain if it happens. An admin *might* fix the damage if they can be so inclined, but don't count on it.

What you want is best described as anarchy.

Diamond knight

by Diamond knight » Post

any anarchy servers like i describe

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I have moved the server's standard restart time to 1100 UTC (12:00 noon CET, 6:00 am US eastern time) to better coincide with the slowest times on the server. This change affects all of my servers.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This server has been discontinued due to general lack of interest, griefing, excessive nasty language and foul behavior of some of the existing players, and players not keeping the world in good condition (this server was unmoderated).

The world files have been moved to long-term storage; buildings from here may be saved and/or copied over to my "Basic Plus" server on request (so far, only one was worth copying, and that was still under construction). Let me know by forum PM or email.