Minerealms Server [0.4.9 dev] (Hosted by OldCoder)

ak399g
In-game: SAFR

Re: Minerealms Server [0.4.9 dev] (Hosted by OldCoder)

by ak399g » Post

You solved the double chat? where can I pick up this code fix?

Vazon
IRC: Vazon
In-game: Vazon

by Vazon » Post

asl is rewriting the server_extened mod once its complete i will give it to you :)

ak399g

by ak399g » Post

Cool, cool.
For the past few days, I've been trying to connect, but it stops loading once the progress bar hits "Media" - I occasionally hear some outdoorsy ambient sounds, which cut out. Running in terminal, I see

Code: Select all

Loaded mesh: 3d_armor_character.x
Could not open file of texture: character.png
Loaded mesh: character.x
Loaded mesh: sled.x
21:38:59: ACTION[main]: Client: Contacting remote server "http://minetest.org/media/curl/"
and debug just gives that last line.
Recently I let it sit at "Media" for a while, and it eventually left me with "ERROR: Client disconnected."
EDIT: Let it sit awhile again, took half an hour to load. As long as it's a known bug...sorry to be a pest.
Last edited by ak399g on Mon Jun 09, 2014 02:28, edited 2 times in total.

Vazon

by Vazon » Post

we are trying to fix this SAFR, im so sorry for this. please just hang in there.

ak399g

by ak399g » Post

Just so's you know, I got this a few minutes ago:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

20:14:57: INFO[main]: Creating client
20:14:57: INFO[main]: Connecting to server at 178.175.138.233:30012
20:14:57: INFO[main]: Client packetcounter (20):
20:14:57: INFO[main]: Client::peerAdded(): peer->id=1
20:14:58: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(11/0)RE-SENDING timed-out RELIABLE to 178.175.138.233(t/o=0.5): from_peer_id=0, channel=0, seqnum=65500
20:14:58: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(11/0)RE-SENDING timed-out RELIABLE to 178.175.138.233(t/o=0.5): from_peer_id=0, channel=0, seqnum=65500
20:14:59: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(11/0)RE-SENDING timed-out RELIABLE to 178.175.138.233(t/o=0.5): from_peer_id=0, channel=0, seqnum=65500

...etc...

20:15:07: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(11/0)RE-SENDING timed-out RELIABLE to 178.175.138.233(t/o=0.5): from_peer_id=0, channel=0, seqnum=65500
20:15:07: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(11/0)RE-SENDING timed-out RELIABLE to 178.175.138.233(t/o=0.5): from_peer_id=0, channel=0, seqnum=65501
20:15:07: INFO[main]: Connect aborted [Escape]
20:15:07: ERROR[ConnectionSend]: con(11/0)RunTimeouts(): Peer 1 has timed out. (source=peer->timeout_counter)
20:15:07: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(11/0)RunTimeouts(): Removing peer 1
20:15:07: INFO[main]: Audio: Deinitializing...
20:15:07: INFO[main]: Audio: Deinitialized.
First time, I received "ERROR[ConnectionSend]: con(11/0)RunTimeouts(): Peer 1 has timed out. " in the chat while playing; after disconnecting and trying to re-connect, I get the same error message and the screen is stuck on "Connecting to server".
Just doing my duty as an error reporter.

Vazon

by Vazon » Post

thanks, where the server is being hosted hasnt settled yet so it may have been disconnected from internet or power. should be fixed soon

101PixelPersonFTW

by 101PixelPersonFTW » Post

I bet your surprised to see this name again eh?

Well, I have big news! I'M BACK BABY!

Ok, I know i've been gone for a while, mostly because I have found Cracked Minecraft, (Which is minecraft but you can only go on cracked servers with), where I have made so many connections with so many people, and yesterday I was thinking about the people who I adore and love like family. Korrodo, Froggy, Nicole, Vazon, etc.

I have made the decision to play minetest 1/2 of the day and then Minecraft the rest.

Lots of love,
Pixel

Now I just have to figure out how to download the new version.... Still on 0.4.7 xD
Could anyone lend a hand?

101PixelPersonFTW

NEVERMIND I FIGURED IT OUT

It's ok, I know I could probably be Einstein..

Vazon

by Vazon » Post

101PixelPersonFTW: Long time no see bud, if you can't get on the server its ok, there is a problem that needs fixing(I have the fix just need to transfer it to the hoster)

101PixelPersonFTW

Nah, I can get on just can't get out of the room since i'm technically rank Noob :/

Vazon

by Vazon » Post

Join the mapgenv7 server for now, Cherudim ( I think you may remember him) will be able to rank you.

101PixelPersonFTW

Im joining

Whitemau5
In-game: Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Post

OK So I have been having trouble logging into the server. I have had to reinstall minetest several times and it still is not working. I have noticed that the public serverlist has gone haywire and there are only about 4 servers listed. Everytime I try to log onto the server it says that my client version is incapatable or something but i know that i have 4.9. It is saying that the server version is 4.0-dev? Idk but until I get this worked out I will not be able to log in. I am terribly sorry and will keep trying desperately to get back on. Please let me know if you know how to fix this or might know the problem.

ak399g

by ak399g » Post

I'm sure Vazon can explain it better himself, but it seems we're still running into a Media problem, in that it takes an eternity to actually download (the first time, anyhow). Until that gets fixed, here's what I recommend:

Instead of the stable 4.9 download, use the unstable 4.9-dev download. The most important component is that it drastically reduces lag. Secondly, the first time you log in, it will probably appear to hang on the Media loading bar. Just let it sit there for an hour or so; with any luck it'll download the media (albeit painfully slowly). After that, the media will stay in your cache so that subsequent logins will skip the hefty loading process.

This problem will be rectified asap. Again, Vazon can probably give more details on this, and I'm probably wrong about a few things, but the above solution worked for me and I've been able to reliably connect for the past couple weeks.

Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Post

Thank you for the infotmation. i also forgot to mention that it is the Minerealms Mapgen v7 server im trying to access.

1. How do I download the unstable 4.9-dev version.

ak399g

by ak399g » Post

Windows dev builds
sfan5 (32-bit & 64-bit) -- viewtopic.php?id=1523
BlockMen (32-bit & 64-bit) -- viewtopic.php?id=6727
Fess (64-bit) -- viewtopic.php?id=6745
Linux dev repos:
Mac dev
Latest: Morn76's Minetest OS X Mavericks builds (>0.4.9) -- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9190
Outside of that, I play myself mainly on the primary server rather than the experimental server, so any bugs with that one I'm underqualified to comment on. Best of luck!

ak399g

by ak399g » Post

Currently, I am an admin (nick: SAFR). The server is up, although connection problems may still remain.

Ideas on the table include copying good builds from this server (and perhaps a few others) to this map or another map (more likely). Whether this map will be running v6 or v7 mapgen is not yet decided.

There is an open call to people willing to help look for and/or move over good builds from this server and others. Contact server administrator (OldCoder) or me, in this thread/forum or in an irc, for more info.

That's all for now.

bitsflashing
In-game: bitsflashing

by bitsflashing » Post

I love this server! Keep it up! I hope it grows into an even bigger and more refined community. :)
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.
-William Wordsworth

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

-Abraham Lincoln

Vazon

by Vazon » Post

bitsflashing wrote:I love this server! Keep it up! I hope it grows into an even bigger and more refined community. :)
bitsflashing: nothing is happening server you play on that server is hosted by me personally and this talk of merging the servers is never going to happen, the person who is running the other map is no longer working with me. I would like it to have the map returned to me, but that is probably not going to happen.

bitsflashing

by bitsflashing » Post

Vazon wrote:
bitsflashing wrote:I love this server! Keep it up! I hope it grows into an even bigger and more refined community. :)
bitsflashing: nothing is happening server you play on that server is hosted by me personally and this talk of merging the servers is never going to happen, the person who is running the other map is no longer working with me. I would like it to have the map returned to me, but that is probably not going to happen.
I wasn't worried about the server being merged... I was only giving words of encouragement... :P
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.
-William Wordsworth

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

-Abraham Lincoln

Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Post

Ok so my computer crashed so I will not be on in a while.

bitsflashing

by bitsflashing » Post

Whitemau5 wrote:Ok so my computer crashed so I will not be on in a while.
We've missed ya! :D
-William Wordsworth

-Abraham Lincoln

Mcc457

by Mcc457 » Post

Hey, long time, no see everyone.

I went to minerealms classic today and found everything completely different. Was the map reset AGAIN?

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

Mcc457 wrote:Hey, long time, no see everyone.

I went to minerealms classic today and found everything completely different. Was the map reset AGAIN?
Minerealms Classic is a server that Vazon is setting up. Vazon no longer takes care of this one.
Try Posting here. This is Vazons other server.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

PeterPanda

by PeterPanda » Post

Hi Vazon, I would like this skin posted to my new account, WookieWarlock.

http://minecraft.novaskin.me/gallery/ta ... /My-wookie

Thanks!