[Mod] Mobs Redo [1.61] [mobs]

Hamlet
IRC: H4mlet
In-game: Hamlet

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.41] [mobs]

by Hamlet » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Hamlet - Mobs Redo API has been updated and this issue has been fixed :)
Wow that was swift, great! Thanks, time to release a mod preview then :)
My repositories: Codeberg.org | My ContentDB's page

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

a quick note of appreciation for the mob fence I have put it good use
surrounding most of my crops
I have fewer incidences of crops being eaten by roaming animals or
being attacked by dirt and tree monsters with anger management issues
whilst harvesting said crops

Ruto
IRC: Ruto
In-game: Ruto

by Ruto » Post

Hello, i'm just asking if you can put older versions ? (for 0.4.15)

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Ruto: Mobs Redo supports 0.4.16 and above, please update your game version for android, windows or linux.

Astrobe

by Astrobe » Post

I have hostile mobs, peaceful mobs for growing and farming and friendly mobs that attack hostile mobs in survival subgame which heavy relies on mob drops.

The issue I had is that mob drops happen when a mob kills another mob. So for instance a player could sit down and watch a friendly NPC fight a tree monster and collect the reward. Moreover, for farming animals like sheep, it's unfair that a random hunter gets the same reward as a farmer; the hunter should have fewer chances to get something from a kill and a farmer should have normal or more chances to get something.

It seems difficult to do this kind of fine-grained drops with the current API (unless I've overlooked something), so I would suggest to let the users give a function in the 'drops' field that would return the stacks of items to be dropped, based on the victim and the killer.

Astrobe

by Astrobe » Post

There's an inconsistency in the API with the on_spawn() callback: in one case it is called with (self, pos) while in an other case it is called with (self).

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Astrobe: That is because the mob definition has it's own on_spawn(self) call and the spawn egg has it's own on_spawn(self, pos) call. One for the mob to activate specific things in itself, another for the egg to determine if say a rabbit should be a certain colour due to it's surroundings.

As for mob drops, if I removed drops for mobs that were killed by other mobs then players would quickly complain that their mob farms no longer work, but I will look into adding an option for this.

Astrobe

by Astrobe » Post

Astrobe wrote:There's an exploit with vehicles: when you're in a cart or in a boat, you are invulnerable because the aggressor hits your vehicle that has no HP so nothing happens. The solution I've found to this is to add a chance of dismounting the player.

This makes for instance sharks quite scary when you're crossing seas, because if you are dismounted your boat will carry on without you (not to mention there's a pair of large jaws after you). If you react quick enough you can mount it again right away, but it's wiser to make two or three boats just in case.
I found out that the simple detach() I added doesn't work with boats: it still reacts to the actions of the player, so it's like it's remote controlled.

I guess this means the boat control code should be converted to the Redo API, but honestly I prefer the driving style of boats: you can go one way and look the other way. I would love to ride a horse and shoot arrows around.

vtwindsurfer

by vtwindsurfer » Post

I've got the strangest thing happening on my server. Animals and monsters are spawning in the same area resulting in carnage. It's been doing it for a while now. The area doesn't change, it is always in front of one building on my map. If we (my son and I) stay in the area, the mobs come and go as usual, but if we leave the area or logout and come back, boom, carnage. Anyone know what is going on here? My kid picked up 40 wool the last time it happened!

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

vtwindsurfer: mob spawning will check for a suitable map block, count mobs already inside it and spawn monsters every 30 seconds or animals every minute, they shouldn't go over the preset limits. Are you using the latest mob api ?

Note: You could enable the following setting to remove mobs when a map area is unloaded, that usually helps with overflow:

remove_far_mobs = true
Last edited by TenPlus1 on Tue May 22, 2018 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

Astrobe

by Astrobe » Post

Astrobe wrote: I guess this means the boat control code should be converted to the Redo API, but honestly I prefer the driving style of boats: you can go one way and look the other way. I would love to ride a horse and shoot arrows around.
Actually converting the boat into a mob, maybe with some ability to move a little on its own when left alone, and of course with a certain amount of HP (give it some wood to repair it!), could solve nicely the problem. I've seen a boat-with-sails variant that could be faster and have more HP. Before I dive into this, does it sound like a good plan?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Xanadu has boats and carts set with their own health so that mobs can attack them and destroy each one to get to the player inside.

Punk

by Punk » Post

No more HUD hunger?

vtwindsurfer

by vtwindsurfer » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:vtwindsurfer: mob spawning will check for a suitable map block, count mobs already inside it and spawn monsters every 30 seconds or animals every minute, they shouldn't go over the preset limits. Are you using the latest mob api ?

Note: You could enable the following setting to remove mobs when a map area is unloaded, that usually helps with overflow:

remove_far_mobs = true
I think I'm using the latest, though it's been a few weeks since I took a look at Git.
I'll try the remove_far_mobs setting. I am also wondering if I have a mod installed that for whatever reason, is locking this particular section of my map in memory.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Quick Update:

- Animal mobs spawn less in a world
- 'remove_far_mobs' is now enabled by default and will remove any mobs that are not tamed when a map area unloads.

Punk

by Punk » Post

I can't be so crazy like that...

It is! The bread bar is which mobs? Only in subgames?

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

sigh the bread bar is monitoring your hunger levels
from one of the hunger mods
the row of shields is displaying the current strength of the armour you're wearing maybe from 3d armour
the hearts is your health obviously
and the bubbles is your air
none of that is to do with the mobs

although I like that dolphin

Punk

by Punk » Post

Chibi ghost wrote:sigh the bread bar is monitoring your hunger levels
from one of the hunger mods
the row of shields is displaying the current strength of the armour you're wearing maybe from 3d armour
the hearts is your health obviously
and the bubbles is your air
none of that is to do with the mobs

although I like that dolphin
I know what it is.

How did I play with this food bar with exactly the same Mods six months ago and now it's gone?

mobs_redo
mobs_animals
mobs_monsters
mobs_npc
faming
faming_plus
Mineteste Game 0.4.16

How did it disappear??? Is it a bug? What is the origin of this food bar? Which mod?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

we're you running a specific game file before adding mods?

Punk

by Punk » Post

Specific game file? What it means, a game? No, the default minetest game.
The only thing I did was update the mods.

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

what mods do you have running along with mobs

Punk

by Punk » Post

This screenshot isn’t mine, I just tried find this bread bar image.
Chibi ghost wrote:what mods do you have running along with mobs
Only the craft_guide.

I remember that I played with this bar, and it was not another game type. Either my memory is complete crap or some of those Mods removed the food (bread) bar.

Punk

by Punk » Post

I discovered this Mod is called Better HUD and Hunger. Probably the answer is "my memory is very bad".
These mods never had this hunger mod internally? (I don't know if this is possible.)

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

You just probably put this mod and forgot it. It hads a simple hud system for armor (shield bar) and food (bread bar). It isn't inclued in none of the mods you listed. Hope it helps you.
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Punk

by Punk » Post

This is not the first time my memory has trolls me. Weird... I spent a lot of time playing without mods before I stopped playing. Mixed old memories fragmented.
I'm sorry for the confusion and for distorting the topic.