[Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.4.1]

Codesound

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.4.1]

by Codesound » Post

Hi,

the Rev.3 of the tutorial is here.... hope you like it...
Blockhead wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:44
- Terminology: You said Rule but to be consistent with advtrains the term should be Route. When I hear "Rule" I think ARS Rule like on signals and station/stop tracks

do you allow me for this tutorial this term? ;-) with the next I will use the term "instructors" (...)

https://www.0090.it/cc/index.php/s/7nLcimzbHR6MtKb

thanks for all....

bye

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
In-game: Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

Today's menu: One silly image, one serious image. The serious image pertains to space requirements and I have made a page with the info on the wiki. The silly one? Well, look at the filename, guess, then open it..

Attachments
SpaceRequirementsForAdvtrains.png
(667.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CrossingMonster.gif
(946.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My mod: Foodblocks

56independent_actual
IRC: independent56
In-game: 56independent

by 56independent_actual » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 05:36
Today's menu: One silly image, one serious image. The serious image pertains to space requirements and I have made a page with the info on the wiki. The silly one? Well, look at the filename, guess, then open it.
Thank you for all your work relating to AdvTrains. Did you photograph this screenshot in a singlenode world with worldedit, or were you really high up?

Thank god for forgiving collisions! My trains are no longer zones of death for each block but can now be decorated with mineshaft frames, fences, or glow glass slabs. It's one of those features which can be made but should never be taken away, for backwards compatibility.
I do not mean any offence, ill-intent, or insult with this message. Unless it is obvious I do.

56independent_actual

Thank you all so much for this mod. Here is a screenshot of one of the most important infrastructure interchanges on my server. It includes carts, hiking, and train infrastructure, and also has a museum of tunnel types as well. It's a bit of a mess, but i love it. An overview is available here. I hope my interchange inspires many other ones.

I do not mean any offence, ill-intent, or insult with this message. Unless it is obvious I do.

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

56independent_actual wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 07:55
Thank you for all your work relating to AdvTrains.
Thank you, it's good to know that I'm appreciated.
Thu Nov 25, 2021 07:55
Did you photograph this screenshot in a singlenode world with worldedit, or were you really high up?
Actually it's an enclosed set that's part of a larger world but surrounded by greenscreen nodes which are chroma keyed out in GIMP. This is a great technique for putting trains and tracks on a transparent background, and it's what I used for the train catalogue.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My mod: Foodblocks

56independent_actual

Blockhead wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:35
Actually it's an enclosed set that's part of a larger world but surrounded by greenscreen nodes which are chroma keyed out in GIMP. This is a great technique for putting trains and tracks on a transparent background, and it's what I used for the train catalogue.
Thank you. Is the world specifically for train photography or do you use it recreationally?

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:36
Blockhead wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:35
Thank you. Is the world specifically for train photography or do you use it recreationally?
It's part of my personal testing world "ThereIsNoTrain" which has no serious routes, only a lot of little bits of track around to test things with. The name comes from how I was debugging issues under Windows not being able to load the AdvTrains files properly, hence there was no train when you loaded the world even if there was before. It's since been used (not in chronological order):
  • To test during the development of the Y and 3-way turnouts, including their functioning with interlocking and LuaATC.
  • To test all the different shapes of level crossing nodes
  • To test the output of my fork of netmapper.
  • To test really long trains, to see what happens when you can't see one end of the train from the other
  • For silly images like the LOOP (self-intersecting train on a figure eight) and today's silly one about a rotating 16-direction diamond crossing.
  • All the stuff in the train catalogue and I think a few other misc. screenshots
  • To test advice given to people about track arrangements, such as a simple siding loop design
  • To test my fork of
  • To test 45 degree platforms after I made the models.
    ...and a whole bunch of other minor things.
Most of my builds/advtrains work is on LinuxForks and in the past week or so on Pandorabox. There's also Noah's Railyard (look out for a new version on the horizon). On servers I don't always build the right of way, sometimes just setting up interlocking and services.

56independent_actual

Blockhead wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 13:51
On servers I don't always build the right of way, sometimes just setting up interlocking and services.
Thanks. I can understand why. Being a subject of an Admin means that infrastrucutre already exists, but i, as an admin of a server which is effectively singleplayer, have to build my own infrastructure.

Arony
In-game: Paceflat server

by Arony » Post

Codesound wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 20:40
Hi,

the Rev.3 of the tutorial is here.... hope you like it...
Blockhead wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:44
- Terminology: You said Rule but to be consistent with advtrains the term should be Route. When I hear "Rule" I think ARS Rule like on signals and station/stop tracks

do you allow me for this tutorial this term? ;-) with the next I will use the term "instructors" (...)

https://www.0090.it/cc/index.php/s/7nLcimzbHR6MtKb

thanks for all....

bye
Ottima Guida facile da capire per persone "userfriendly"
Server: Paceflat

loppi
In-game: loppi Lolstadt

by loppi » Post

i found this on youtube,maybe someone could mod this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDfhtW23OWs

it would fit perfectly for the moretrains:vintage minecarts.
:-)

maybe a minecart without walls,or with tree loaded for example would be nice. i wanted to make it miself but hen i noticed all wagons use the same texture file.... so when i remove the walls they are removed at all carts :/
"ich liebe industrie!" And yes, its a Russian Bulldozer 😁

T6C
In-game: T6C

by T6C » Post

I love the horseshoe on the front. XD

loppi
In-game: loppi Lolstadt

by loppi » Post

XD yeah the youtuber says it brings luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wu9ERTO5GY
here's another video from him,at the middle of the video,e says shut up to the polish cow XD
"ich liebe industrie!" And yes, its a Russian Bulldozer 😁