goldcrest42 wrote:Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Re step 6 below, my original cart was quite deep in the hill, so I made another one near the entry point and experimented on that.
Universal Cart Removal Guide ©®™
It may look a bit complicated, just begin from 1 and read the next step after jumping.
1) Enable the debug information (default key F5), so that you can see the text 'pos' and the coordinates on the top left. If you can't: go to step 5.
F5 works and shows this info.
2) If you can see the cart (even just partially), point at it. The text "GenericCAO" should appear. If it doesn't appear: go to step 6.
What actually appears is this, transcribed from the screen:
Generic CAO hp=10
Hmm, I thought...
I checked inside cart_entity.lua and found this line:
Is this significant?
(This is my first taste of lua, though I do know C, and a smidgen of C++)
3) Press the key to go down the ladder for at least a second until you left-click (punch) the cart in combination. Cart not removed, but step 2 still present? Repeat this step until the carts are all gone.
No joy, alas..
4) You're done (problem might not be solved, though). Ask the server admin to update boost_cart to minimize this problem. Do not follow any further instructions here.
5) Are you sure it was F5? Maybe use Fn+F5 or some weird MacOS-key combo to get the actual F5 key. If there is no F5 key, change it to something you can press. Proceed with step 2 after this worked. If there's no keyboard: go to step 4.
6) The cart is too deep inside the node. Dig the node or use "noclip" + "fly" (if granted: fly inside the cart) and proceed with step 2. If you can't either of them, continue with step 4.
Still not solved? Well, that sucks. Ask the server admin to begin with 6).
Looks like that's my next step!
Thanks for your efforts.
(PS.Tidied things up a bit..)