[Mod] Pyramids (with treasures) [1.0.4] [tsm_pyramids]

Irremann
GitHub: Irremann

Re: [Mod] Pyramids (with treasures) [1.0.0] [tsm_pyramids]

by Irremann » Post

This evening I drew a picture for the sarcophagus. I did not understand how to make a two blocks chest, so I made this bed =)
Pharaoh pic in attachments.
Attachments
s_full.png
s_full.png (550 Bytes) Viewed 4584 times
screenshot_20200324_224731.png
screenshot_20200324_224731.png (281.98 KiB) Viewed 4584 times

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Version 1.0.1 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.0.1 released!

This version fixes a rare crash and adds so-called “ephemeral sounds”. This is just a recent feature in 5.2.0 to boost performance a little bit.

-----
I don't think the tomb looks believable. It's just painted on the sandstone. :D At least some 3D depth like by using a nodebox or mesh would have helped …

But I don't plan to add new features to this mod. It's complete. I probably won't accept contributions either.

Wuzzy

Version 1.0.2 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.0.2 released!

Another bugfix release.

It fixes a crash related to the mummy that manifests itself only since Minetest 5.2.0.
It also fixes the broken mummy texture if it got hit (another new bug since Minetest 5.2.0).

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

Re: [Mod] Pyramids (with treasures) [1.0.2] [tsm_pyramids]

by JiCeyCraft » Post

-GRRRRRR-
Chests are always empty when I check a Pyramid....
Something wrong?
Only dungeon_loot installed.
-GRRRRRRRR-
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

I meant : Treasurer downloaded and isntalled, and only dungeon_loot also installed.
Conflict orrr.... ?

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

You probably need some mods that add things to the chests
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Deactivate the Treasurer mod, then it should work again.

If you use Treasurer, you are supposed to activate at least one TRM as well (a mod that registers treasures). Since you didn't do that, there are no treasures. See the Treasurer help.

But you can just disable Treasurer. tsm_pyramids has default treasures, so you don't need Treasurer if you don't want.

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 21:34
Deactivate the Treasurer mod, then it should work again.

If you use Treasurer, you are supposed to activate at least one TRM as well (a mod that registers treasures). Since you didn't do that, there are no treasures. See the Treasurer help.

But you can just disable Treasurer. tsm_pyramids has default treasures, so you don't need Treasurer if you don't want.
(Brain... where is my brain?...) *facehoof!*

lister

by lister » Post

very nice mod, it looks like it kept the nodes, so i upgraded pyramids with this, and old pyramids look fine. it also fixed a nasty server crash in 5.x, which would happen in original pyramids when anyone comes near.

i had trouble, though, getting a git clone. i tried

Code: Select all

git clone http://repo.or.cz/w/minetest_pyramids/tsm_pyramids.git
and it didn't works:

warning: redirecting to https://repo.or.cz/w/minetest_pyramids/tsm_pyramids.git/
fatal: https://repo.or.cz/w/minetest_pyramids/tsm_pyramids.git/info/refs not valid: is this a git repository?
so i had to use a zip.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The correct Git clone URL is <https://repo.or.cz/minetest_pyramids/tsm_pyramids.git>.
The link on the first post is to the Git project page.

nogajun
GitHub: nogajun

by nogajun » Post

Hi,
When I punch the Mummy in the pyramid, it gives me an error and quits.

2022-02-15 20:34:50: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Punch(): /home/jun/.minetest/mods/tsm_pyramids/mummy.lua:154: attempt to compare number with nil
2022-02-15 20:34:50: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2022-02-15 20:34:50: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/jun/.minetest/mods/tsm_pyramids/mummy.lua:154: in function 'old_punch'
2022-02-15 20:34:50: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/jun/.minetest/mods/animalia/init.lua:60: in function </home/jun/.minetest/mods/animalia/init.lua:59>
2022-02-15 20:34:51: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
I'm using the Flatpak version Minetest 5.5.0. The configuration is in ~/.var/app/net.minetest.Minetest/.minetest/. It is not in ~/.minetest.

Linux: Debian GNU/Linux sid amd64

Reproduce the error
  1. Generate the world.
    • type: valleys
    • seed: 10853356414975947979
  2. Enable animalia, creatura and tsm_pyramid mod.
  3. Play game.
  4. Go to the pyramid at pos: -223.8, 23.5, 355.7. It is located northeast of the spawn point.
  5. Punch the Mummy.

Wuzzy

Re: [Mod] Pyramids (with treasures) [1.0.3] [tsm_pyramids]

by Wuzzy » Post

This seems like an error from those other mods tbh because the damage argument should be non-nil.
Anyway, I have applied a hotfix to add a simple nil check, hopefully this solves the problem. If not, please let me know.

Version 1.0.3 released!

nogajun
GitHub: nogajun

by nogajun » Post

In v1.0.3, minetest did not crash. Thank you!

ronoaldo
GitHub: ronoaldo
IRC: ronoaldo
In-game: RonoaldoKakashi

by ronoaldo » Post

Hey! Thank you very much for the mod.

I've got a situation in which two players killed a mummy and the server crashed:

2022-10-06 02:05:21: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated call to set_attribute, use MetaDataRef methods instead. (at /usr/share/minetest/mods/filler/init.lua:385)
2022-10-06 02:05:21: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated call to get_attribute, use MetaDataRef methods instead. (at /usr/share/minetest/mods/techpack/tubelib/forceload.lua:94)
2022-10-06 02:05:21: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated call to set_attribute, use MetaDataRef methods instead. (at /usr/share/minetest/mods/techpack/tubelib/forceload.lua:98)
2022-10-06 02:05:21: WARNING[Server]: 3d_armor[set_player_armor]: Detached armor inventory is nil
2022-10-06 02:05:25: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated call to get_attribute, use MetaDataRef methods instead. (at /usr/share/minetest/mods/techpack/tubelib/forceload.lua:94)
2022-10-06 02:05:26: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'default' in callback luaentity_Step(): Invalid vector (expected table got nil).
2022-10-06 02:05:26: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2022-10-06 02:05:26: ERROR[Main]:     [C]: in function 'get_objects_inside_radius'
2022-10-06 02:05:26: ERROR[Main]:     /usr/share/minetest/mods/tsm_pyramids/mummy.lua:287: in function 'func'
2022-10-06 02:05:26: ERROR[Main]:     /usr/share/minetest/builtin/profiler/instrumentation.lua:107: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/profiler/instrumentation.lua:100>
I'm not sure the situation but now every time they join the server crashes. Do you know if I can do any change to the data that could avoid the crash? Or do I need to apply some sort of patch? Thanks!
Servers: Mercurio | Tools: ContentDB CLI | Mods: minenews

freshreplicant
In-game: freshreplicant

by freshreplicant » Post

ronoaldo wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 05:42
I've got a situation in which two players killed a mummy and the server crashed:
It's the mummy's curse!!!

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Without more information, I can't do much. Which version of Minetest did you use? Which game? Which other mods did you use?

Crabman
GitHub: crabman77
IRC: Crabman
In-game: Crabman

by Crabman » Post

Hello,

It is surely that the entity is deleted but that the server calls it a 2nd time but entity is null.
"self.object:get_pos()" line 287 in mummy.lua.
minetest.get_objects_inside_radius(nil, 4) -> crash

We have surely fixed the same bug on our servers https://sys4.fr/gitea/nalc/tsm_pyramids ... b2ad185ddf

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

@freshreplicant definitely it is a curse :D

@Wuzzy: sorry for the lack of details. The server is running 5.6.1, I'm using Minetest Game and I do have several other mods in play. The full list is here: https://github.com/ronoaldo/mercurio/bl ... Dockerfile. I don't know the client version, if it is important at all, and the server accepts older clients (i.e., I don't strictly check for it on server side)

@Crabman: yeah, I'm not very good at modding but I agree with you. The behavior is that for some odd reason, after the mummy was defeated, the server was running the entity/object code but the object is nil. Judging by the error message, I agree with your analysis. The patch you linked looks good to me; I'll try it out until Wuzzy has time to verify it and report back.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I looked at the bugfix, but it does not make conceptual sense to me. The code isn't threaded and if the on_step function deletes the mummy, the function returns. So at that line you mentioned, the mummy object should never be nil. Unless you can show how where in the code of tsm_pyramids the object becomes nil.

Could it be that a rogue function calls the on_step function by hand, with bad parameters? In that case, I would shift the blame to them.

Does this bug happen in a clean (almost) unmodded MTG as well?

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

I am not sure as of how they managed to cause the crash, I only have the stack trace; so I can't reproduce and I'm trusting them when they say that it crashed after they killed a mummy. I also don't know if there is a different server code path on ARM, which is my server runtime.

As of the code not making sense, I can't tell much as I'm not experienced with the guarantees the minetest engine does provide to the mods. However, if I can add my two cents, be it your mod or something else, adding a nil check never hurts. I see this pattern on other mods as well. I am not sure as of how the UDP/transaction model/new async API added in MT 5.6 (where things started to break for me!) are causing unexpected behavior or not.

I'm working on the new patched version to see if it fixes for me. What I have as an extra is the profiler (builtin) if that helps to diagnose if this is other code calling tsm_pyramids code, but I don't see this on the stack trace:

|  Y Y  \  |   |  \   ___/|  | |   ___/\___  \|  |  
|__|_|  /  |___|  /\______>  |  \______>_____/|  |  
      \/ \/     \/         \/                  \/   
Unified Inventory. Inventory size: 2502
2022-10-12 02:24:05: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'default' in callback luaentity_Step(): Invalid vector (expected table got nil).
2022-10-12 02:24:05: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2022-10-12 02:24:05: ERROR[Main]:     [C]: in function 'get_objects_inside_radius'
2022-10-12 02:24:05: ERROR[Main]:     /usr/share/minetest/mods/tsm_pyramids/mummy.lua:287: in function 'func'
2022-10-12 02:24:05: ERROR[Main]:     /usr/share/minetest/builtin/profiler/instrumentation.lua:107: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/profiler/instrumentation.lua:100>
[mercurio] Server shutdown with status code '1'.

Crabman
GitHub: crabman77
IRC: Crabman
In-game: Crabman

by Crabman » Post

I can reproduce crash with 1 permanent fire.

with minimal subgame(useless mod deleted), place 1 permanent fire et spawn 1 mummy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8GdGWScd-Y

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

Thanks Crabman. I could crash a localhost world too. I used the

spawnpyramid
command and, on fire, the crash happens indeed. To me it was a slightly different line but I feel it could be related. Perhaps works with lava too, as sometimes the pyramid has such traps :)

This is what I have with a clean world in single player, with only tsm_pyramid enabled. Created a pyramid with the command, then surrounded the mummies inside with fire.

AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'default' in callback luaentity_Step(): /home/ronoaldo/.minetest/mods/tsm_pyramids/mummy.lua:324: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	/home/ronoaldo/.minetest/mods/tsm_pyramids/mummy.lua:324: in function </home/ronoaldo/.minetest/mods/tsm_pyramids/mummy.lua:190>

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

@Crabman your changes helped me fix the issue on my server, thanks! The players the were "blocked out" because the server crashed when they joined, can now play again.

Wuzzy

Version 1.0.4 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.0.4 released!
I was finally able to fix the crash bug properly as discovered the true reason for the bug. Thanks for reporting and testing!

Changelog:
  • Fix crash when mummy dies in fire (thanks, Crabman!)
  • Respawn the “rotating mummy” in the spawner if it disappeared (e.g. due to /clearobjects): It respawns when punching the spawner or when the mapblock is loaded.
  • Rename block: “Sandstone with Man Engraving” → “Sandstone with Human Engraving”

duckgo
In-game: duckgo

Re: [Mod] Pyramids (with treasures) [1.0.4] [tsm_pyramids]

by duckgo » Post

Hello, a player sent me this error, I know it's not much information, but I'm sharing it because it can be useful in some way and to help :)

--- "Mummy" dans une pyramides de lave dans un radius de plus de 100 blocks..

AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'tsm_pyramids' in callback luaentity_Step(): Invalid vector (expected table got nil). stack traceback: [C]: in function 'get_objects_inside_radius' .....\games\survivetest\mods\MAPGEN\tsm_pyramids/mummy.lua:287: in function <.....\games\survivetest\mods\MAPGEN\tsm_pyramids/mummy.lua:190>