[Mod] Dense Ores [V.1.1] [denseores]

Post Reply
User avatar
benedict424
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 06:24
IRC: oswald
In-game: oswaldTechnic

[Mod] Dense Ores [V.1.1] [denseores]

by benedict424 » Post

Update: I uploaded the images to another web site and realized they were out of date. So, I made new ones. Also, an update may be coming to make dense ores drop two regular ore. Still am not sure on that.

The Dense Ores mod allows ores to have a density property. Rather then allow you to find ores more often, you now find more or less material per ore. This *should* hardly impact the total amount of material you mine.

Crafting in this mod is extremely simple. You can guess it on your first try. If you are really confused, use a crafting guide mod like Unified Inventory for the manual recipes (Technic's machines work too).

Watch a short highlight by Nathan Salapat: https://youtu.be/1SGk9l-A6EE

All the blocks added (if you include the moreores mod):
Image
Crafting:
Image
Image
And finally, those small coal lumps are burnable:
Image
You can also grind the large ores using Technic's machines, it saves a bit of power to directly do that instead of breaking the ore down first.

Get any available version of my mods from my Google Drive (this lets me keep this page clean): https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Link to More Ores mod (posted by Calinou): viewtopic.php?f=11&t=549
Link to Technic mod (posted by RealBadAngel): viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2538

Code: FTWPL
Graphics: FTWPL
Mod dependencies: default
Mod compatibility: moreores, technic
Mod name: denseores
Last edited by benedict424 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 22:53, edited 43 times in total.
Terra, Aqua, Ignus, Air, Ather, and Incognitus.

Compunerd
New member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 02:56
IRC: Compunerd
In-game: Compunerd
Location: East Coast, USA

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores Beta

by Compunerd » Post

Wanted to say thanks for letting me try the pre-beta version, I've been running it for probably 2 weeks now... Works flawlessly... Thanks...

User avatar
benedict424
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 06:24
IRC: oswald
In-game: oswaldTechnic

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores Beta

by benedict424 » Post

As far as I know, this is the same version that I gave you. I added something in the code to have small coal lumps work as fuel, but I could have given that to you already.
Terra, Aqua, Ignus, Air, Ather, and Incognitus.

User avatar
Nathan.S
Member
Posts: 1009
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 17:47
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21
Location: Bigsby Texas
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by Nathan.S » Post

Hey I was reviewing this before recording the video on Wednesday and am wondering if there is some reason for the large ores to drop themselves when mined rather than multiple of the small ore chunks. The normal ores drop the full lumps and then your small ones drop one small ore, maybe the large ores should drop three small ores so you get more than the normal ore. The changes shouldn't be too difficult, I don't think, I looked at the source, looks simple enough to change that, or even making it a random drop so you might get more than the three small ores. Just some ideas. If you do want to change anything about it just let me know so I don't record a review of the old version. :)
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

User avatar
philipbenr
Member
Posts: 1688
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 01:56
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi
Location: United States

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by philipbenr » Post

I think I'll make a mod similar to this one, but maybe with a bit different textures and code write to satisfy me from scratch.

User avatar
benedict424
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 06:24
IRC: oswald
In-game: oswaldTechnic

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by benedict424 » Post

philipbenr wrote:I think I'll make a mod similar to this one, but maybe with a bit different textures and code write to satisfy me from scratch.
I am already going to change my own textures.
Terra, Aqua, Ignus, Air, Ather, and Incognitus.

User avatar
benedict424
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 06:24
IRC: oswald
In-game: oswaldTechnic

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by benedict424 » Post

Nathan.S wrote:Hey I was reviewing this before recording the video on Wednesday and am wondering if there is some reason for the large ores to drop themselves when mined rather than multiple of the small ore chunks. The normal ores drop the full lumps and then your small ones drop one small ore, maybe the large ores should drop three small ores so you get more than the normal ore. The changes shouldn't be too difficult, I don't think, I looked at the source, looks simple enough to change that, or even making it a random drop so you might get more than the three small ores. Just some ideas. If you do want to change anything about it just let me know so I don't record a review of the old version. :)
I couldn't get heavy ores to drop multiple ore chunks. I asked the forum and couldn't get a good response about how to do it. Even if I could get the large ores to drop two ores, I don't think I would. It would make the mod have LESS in it. Having more decoration block is a good thing. I may remove small ore chunks because small ores are cool by themselves.
Terra, Aqua, Ignus, Air, Ather, and Incognitus.

User avatar
Nathan.S
Member
Posts: 1009
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 17:47
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21
Location: Bigsby Texas
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by Nathan.S » Post

I think you just trail a number behind the item_drop item, I can double check in the morning when I'm at my computer.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

User avatar
Nathan.S
Member
Posts: 1009
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 17:47
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21
Location: Bigsby Texas
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by Nathan.S » Post

To drop multiple items just add this line to your code

Code: Select all

drop = 'default:dirt_with_grass 4'
of course you'd be dropping something other than dirty_with_grass.

You can also have a chance of dropping different amounts or different items all together.

Code: Select all

	drop = {
		max_items = 1,  --this just limits that nodes that can be given out, type not quantity
		items = {
			{
			items = {'default:gravel'},
			rarity = 3,  -- how rare this drop is, one in three here.
			},
			{
			items = {'default:gold_lump'},
			rarity = 100,  --this guy only drops one in one hundred
			},
			{
			items = {'default:dirt_with_grass'}, --this will always drop if the others haven't.
			},

		},
	}
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

User avatar
benedict424
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 06:24
IRC: oswald
In-game: oswaldTechnic

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by benedict424 » Post

Nathan.S wrote:To drop multiple items just add this line to your code

Code: Select all

drop = 'default:dirt_with_grass 4'
of course you'd be dropping something other than dirty_with_grass.

You can also have a chance of dropping different amounts or different items all together.

Code: Select all

	drop = {
		max_items = 1,  --this just limits that nodes that can be given out, type not quantity
		items = {
			{
			items = {'default:gravel'},
			rarity = 3,  -- how rare this drop is, one in three here.
			},
			{
			items = {'default:gold_lump'},
			rarity = 100,  --this guy only drops one in one hundred
			},
			{
			items = {'default:dirt_with_grass'}, --this will always drop if the others haven't.
			},

		},
	}
I will probably add a config for this. I actually know very little about Lua, so I'm glad you posted this. I'll credit if I use this. This is my guide for now: http://www.tdistler.com/media/docs/luarefv51.pdf
Terra, Aqua, Ignus, Air, Ather, and Incognitus.

User avatar
domtron vox
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 21:07
GitHub: DomtronVox
IRC: Domtron
In-game: Domtron

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by domtron vox » Post

I like this mod thanks for making it.

Just courious, but did you think about making mining progressive. For example on breaking the Dense Ore node it is replaced with the less dense ore node and drops some ore items. That way you dig the same node several times getting ore each time.

I would love to see some mapgen that could create veins of ore where the center is dense ores and the outer parts get progressivly less dense. That way finding ore nodes can lead to finding a full vein.

User avatar
benedict424
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 06:24
IRC: oswald
In-game: oswaldTechnic

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by benedict424 » Post

domtron vox wrote:I like this mod thanks for making it.

Just curious, but did you think about making mining progressive. For example on breaking the Dense Ore node it is replaced with the less dense ore node and drops some ore items. That way you dig the same node several times getting ore each time.

I would love to see some mapgen that could create veins of ore where the center is dense ores and the outer parts get progressively less dense. That way finding ore nodes can lead to finding a full vein.
I intend to make a lot of config options that allow things like different chances of spotting the ores, but a lot of stuff is impossible for me at the moment. The way my mod works is it finds ores in the ground and replaces them. It can't do much else.

The idea of having the ores break down is very possible, I think I'll add a config!
Terra, Aqua, Ignus, Air, Ather, and Incognitus.

User avatar
cx384
Member
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by cx384 » Post

Oh this mod is nice. I already know this mod from MC.
But thanks that you have made this mod in minetest.
And maybe you could ad dense ores from other mods like the moreores mod.
:D
Can your read this?

User avatar
benedict424
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 06:24
IRC: oswald
In-game: oswaldTechnic

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by benedict424 » Post

cx384 wrote:Oh this mod is nice. I already know this mod from MC.
But thanks that you have made this mod in minetest.
And maybe you could ad dense ores from other mods like the moreores mod.
:D
1. RWTema made it for Minecraft, though more simplistic.
2. I actually do have support for moreores, and have since the original release.
Terra, Aqua, Ignus, Air, Ather, and Incognitus.

KCoombes
Member
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 23:19
In-game: Knatt
Location: SW Florida, USA

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by KCoombes » Post

Check the spelling of the texture 'smal_mithril_ore' - it keeps throwing 'can't find the texture' errors.

User avatar
benedict424
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 06:24
IRC: oswald
In-game: oswaldTechnic

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by benedict424 » Post

KCoombes, I have just downloaded my mod and the latest version of moreores through my page to see if I uploaded a wrong file. I feel confident in saying that there is no issue with the current release of my mod.
Terra, Aqua, Ignus, Air, Ather, and Incognitus.

KCoombes
Member
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 23:19
In-game: Knatt
Location: SW Florida, USA

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by KCoombes » Post

benedict424 wrote:KCoombes, I have just downloaded my mod and the latest version of moreores through my page to see if I uploaded a wrong file. I feel confident in saying that there is no issue with the current release of my mod.
I didn't say you uploaded a wrong file, I suggested you check the spelling of the word 'small' in the texture file for the 'smal_mithril_ore', as the misspelling causes an error.

User avatar
benedict424
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 06:24
IRC: oswald
In-game: oswaldTechnic

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by benedict424 » Post

KCoombes wrote:
benedict424 wrote:KCoombes, I have just downloaded my mod and the latest version of moreores through my page to see if I uploaded a wrong file. I feel confident in saying that there is no issue with the current release of my mod.
I didn't say you uploaded a wrong file, I suggested you check the spelling of the word 'small' in the texture file for the 'smal_mithril_ore', as the misspelling causes an error.
Ah, my fault. I'll have it up ASAP. Thank you for calling that out. I am going to be a bit more active on the forums for the next few weeks, so if you find anything else wrong, I'll get fixed very quickly.
Terra, Aqua, Ignus, Air, Ather, and Incognitus.

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
Posts: 7497
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
Location: OMICRON
Contact:

Re: [Mod] Dense Ores [V.1] [denseores]

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

> Nathan.s

About your video, check the youtube auto traduction, does wierd things

PS: very nice mod

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests