[Mod] HUD bars [2.3.2] [hudbars]

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

Re: [Mod] HUD bars [2.3.2] [hudbars]

by FreeGamers » Post

Wuzzy, don't get frustrated. It runs pretty well.

I initially reported that statbar_MODERN broke, not classic. (this was the one with the background templates).
However, I had to switch to the hudbar (the version in the last posted screenshot) since statbar_modern was broke. But the feedback from players was good. So i just stuck with hudbar/progress bar and will just try to remove the numbers from it when I can. (I think the numbers are not very fun, and the visual indicator is more interesting when its just an approximation or generalization).
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on the forum is now MeseCraft

FreeGamers

by FreeGamers » Post

Hi Wuzzy,

Could you help me add a settingstype to show/hide the bar numbers on progressbars (current value / max value) on each hudbar? Actually, just hide all text when this these values are hidden, including the label, just icons work well enough.

My train of thinking is this:
The bars are a representation of the values already and are not as definitive. Thus, they leave some level of uncertainty, which adds a bit of fun and are more immersive and less like a calculator.

I've tried this myself already once but am struggling and am out of time this evening.
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on the forum is now MeseCraft

FreeGamers

by FreeGamers » Post

In other words,
How can I just hide all the label text and values on the "progress_bar"

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

It's possible, but I'm too lazy to do it myself atm. I will probably accept patches, however.
My creations. I gladly accept bitcoins: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH