by sofar » Post

Just have wuzzy add a `mod.conf` file.

Napiophelios
GitHub: Napiophelios
IRC: Nappi
In-game: Nappi

Re: [Mod] Indestructible Bedrock Layer [1.0.0] [bedrock2]

by Napiophelios » Post

Fixerol wrote:Important! Before running the mod make sure it is in bedrock folder, otherwise it gives error :}
Wuzzy, want to add this warning into first post and readme or fix it?
the modname is: bedrock2

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Mod] Indestructible Bedrock Layer [1.1.0] [bedrock2]

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.1.0 is released.
This is mostly just a minor update for Minetest 0.4.14.

Changes:
  • Bedrock height can now also be changed in the advanced settings menu
  • mod.conf file added

Instant
GitHub: Instantaneously
In-game: Instant

by Instant » Post

Error!

You should move the bedrock another 3-4k or so, because this mod kinda cancels out the Nether mod.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I don't know what you mean. For me, both my Bedrock mod and PilzAdam's Nether mod seem to work together just fine.
The bedrock appears at -30912, as expected. And it doesn't affect the Nether other than at the lowest possible depth.
So what's your problem? And which versions were you using?
If you saw any error in the map generation (especially holes in the bedrock layer), please tell me the seed, mapgen, coordinates and Minetest versions you were using.

By the way: You can change the bedrock height manually in the advanced configuration tab.

Zedicius
GitHub: Zedicius
IRC: Zedicius
In-game: Zedicius

by Zedicius » Post

Here's a silly idea.

Would it be possible to expand the mod to add multiple layers of bedrock? I believe there are no plans to add multiple dimensions to the game though perhaps this could be fixed, at least partially, by 'layering' the underground. You'd be limited to cave-like areas obviously but... It's something?

Wuzzy

Version 1.2.0

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.2.0 released.
This version comes with intllib support and a German translation.
It also adds doc_items support and an improved in-game help of the bedrock block.

Both mods are optional, of course.

Zedicius wrote:Would it be possible to expand the mod to add multiple layers of bedrock? I believe there are no plans to add multiple dimensions to the game though perhaps this could be fixed, at least partially, by 'layering' the underground. You'd be limited to cave-like areas obviously but... It's something?
Rejected. This would only make sense in combination of some mod which actually uses such layers. But such a mod is probably defining its own nodes already. And I want to keep this mod simple.

Wuzzy

Version 1.2.1 and 1.2.2

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.2.1 released! This is mostly a maintenance and bugfix release.

Changes:
- Fix mod not working when both intllib and mod security are enabled
- Use larger screenshot
- Transform README to Markdown format
- Compability with Documentation System 0.7.0

EDIT:
Version 1.2.2 released! Another bugfix. This time:
- Fix bedrock being able to be pulled and pushed around by Mesecons pistons. This time for real.

seller
In-game: seller bombingspree lockerhead5000 blob5000 thediamondfighter

Re: [Mod] Indestructible Bedrock Layer [1.2.2] [bedrock2]

by seller » Post

I made a hole in the bedrock(I turned off the mod,dug a hole and turned it back on, and I had a hole(I don`t think you will be able to fix this)).
the hole, some pipes, a ladder, and a cable
the hole, some pipes, a ladder, and a cable
screenshot_20191123_141708.png (259.01 KiB) Viewed 1331 times

seller
In-game: seller bombingspree lockerhead5000 blob5000 thediamondfighter

by seller » Post

bedrock is able to be destroyed by the Milkor and Rpg from rangedweapons

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I made a hole in the bedrock(I turned off the mod,dug a hole and turned it back on, and I had a hole(I don`t think you will be able to fix this)).
Well, this is not a bug. You intentionally broke the game. As soon you disable a mod that was active before, prepare for all sorts of bad behaviour. Disabling a mod is always Danger Zone, so you must be prepared for all sorts of breakage.
See also: https://wiki.minetest.net/Unknown_Node
bedrock is able to be destroyed by the Milkor and Rpg from rangedweapons
Not my fault. I checked the code and apparently this mod calls tnt.boom on the node it hits. Normally, tnt.boom is supposed to be called on the TNT node when TNT blows up. This means the bedrock is treated like a block of TNT and is therefore set to tnt:boom by Minetest Game. It is impossible for me to defend against a set_node, so the bug must be fixed in rangedweapons. Please report a bug to rangedweapons.

My suggestion: Call tnt.boom not on the solid node, but “above” (pointed_thing.above) the node the grenade has hit. Tell that to the rangedweapons author, they will understand. Bye.

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

by FreeGamers » Post

seller, you can regenerate areas with the admin command:

/deleteblocks here 1

that will delete things in a 16x16x16 area. you can increase the number. Maybe you can fix your hole like that.

But I agree with Wuzzy, its not really a problem with the mod if you go out of your way to break it. The way mapgen works, is it generates it once then it saves it into the world, so bedrock mod cant really just detect and regenerate itself easily.

use that command.
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

runs

by runs » Post

Cool mod. I will use it.

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

by FreeGamers » Post

I was never able to get the normal function of having bedrock at the bottom of the world work. Not sure what kind of result you will see runs. It works with planet_moon and planet_mars though to add a bedrock layer underneath those biomes.
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

bedrockbite

by bedrockbite » Post

Thank you for bedrock2 mod!
Would it be possible to add in the settings a checkbox with „Generate normal amount of diamonds on top of bedrock layer“ - and create them while generating the bedrocklayer?
I‘m digging quite a long time around (bedrock layer at -120) and can‘t find the ores which are found normally in depths of ca. 4000 (like diamonds). I‘m missing them for crafting.
Thank you!

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

No, this is not going to happen. Your suggestion is awkwardly specific and I don't know why.

bedrockbite

by bedrockbite » Post

I don’t understand completely what you mean with “awkward” (the translations are not clear for me), but perhaps I explained my reasons for the suggestion not enough:

Minetest is a game of crafting and more.
For crafting we need all ores and diamonds, too.
A bedrocklayer as natural digging limit is nice and natural. The real world has similar limits too – that’s why I like the idea.
Your mod is supernice, because the depths of minetest (I heard that diamonds etc. are beginning after depths of 4000) are simply terrifying and for me unnecessary.
A bedrock layer in between 100-300 is enough (for me).

But with the mod I’m missing now diamonds and other ores.
Minetest crafting will be not possible.
Killing rattlesnakes in search for a cure gave me some diamonds but that’s not the way I like.
Therefore I suggested to create the option for generate the missing diamonds in the space over the bedrocklayer.

Or in other words: Why is my proposal strange (awkward?) for you if with the bedrock2-layer essential crafting materials are missing?
In my eyes it is only natural to heal the problem by placing the materials somewhere on top of the bedrock to have a complete game.

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

bedrockbite wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:43
I don’t understand completely what you mean with “awkward”
awkward to change the game just for you . when you have the means to get down to the mining levels very quickly .
does not take long to mine straight down then use the poi mod to make a base camp . its a long climb back up the ladder otherwise if you jump , its a sandbox game you make up your own rules.
if you dont like the time it takes to mine down then create yourself a shortcut .
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

bedrockbite

by bedrockbite » Post

Thank you for your recommendations, I’ll look at that poi-mod.

I understood that bedrock2-mod was written to add a bedrock at an adjustable level, and not to add an adjustable bedrock-level and exclude a big amount of ores and diamonds for people with bedrocklevels higher than -3900.

It didn’t meant it to change the mod just for me!
I’m convinced, that a lot of the people now coming from MS-Account-Minecraft will have the need for a working bedrocklayer.
Working means here: all ores/diamonds are accessible in the game. If a bedrocklayer is applied these crafting-minerals are missing.

I talked about an essential missing part (the diamonds) affecting all people who are using the bedrock2-mod with a depth-level between -1 and -3900.

And I was proposing only to add an option for all bedrock2-user.
No user would be forced to find diamonds.
If somebody don’t want diamonds in his -120 deep world so he doesn’t have “to checkbox” the option.
And I wrote “normal amount” because I wanted to express that I don’t want more diamonds.
In my bedrock2-mod-world are currently no diamonds in the ground.

eyekay
GitHub: Azl-Eyekay
In-game: eyekay49

by eyekay » Post

bedrockbite wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 17:26
Thank you for your recommendations, I’ll look at that poi-mod.

I understood that bedrock2-mod was written to add a bedrock at an adjustable level, and not to add an adjustable bedrock-level and exclude a big amount of ores and diamonds for people with bedrocklevels higher than -3900.

It didn’t meant it to change the mod just for me!
I’m convinced, that a lot of the people now coming from MS-Account-Minecraft will have the need for a working bedrocklayer.
Working means here: all ores/diamonds are accessible in the game. If a bedrocklayer is applied these crafting-minerals are missing.

I talked about an essential missing part (the diamonds) affecting all people who are using the bedrock2-mod with a depth-level between -1 and -3900.

And I was proposing only to add an option for all bedrock2-user.
No user would be forced to find diamonds.
If somebody don’t want diamonds in his -120 deep world so he doesn’t have “to checkbox” the option.
And I wrote “normal amount” because I wanted to express that I don’t want more diamonds.
In my bedrock2-mod-world are currently no diamonds in the ground.
Ah
The problem is that the bedrock layer is generating _above_ the diamonds, as you made the layer higher
Ore generation is separate from the bedrock mod, so it won't handle that

You can write a mod which generates diamond ores higher than bedrock

Code: Select all

minetest.register_ore({
    ore_type       = "scatter",
    ore            = "default:stone_with_diamond",
    wherein        = "default:stone",
    clust_scarcity = 15*15*15,
    clust_num_ores = 8,
    clust_size     = 3,
    height_min     = -120,
    height_max     = -100,
})
This will generate diamonds as an ore between -120 and -100 (feel free to tweak the numbers)
Then paste it into a text file, name it init.lua, put it in a folder, name the folder anything you want, put it in the mods folder, and voila you just made a mod

(And also if you just came from MC you may want to see MineClone 2)
<a href=about:blank> My projects</a>

bedrockbite

by bedrockbite » Post

Thanks a lot for the first insight how mods are working and the hint with mineclone2.
I'll try your mod-snippet! It looks like it'll solve my problem.
And the mineclone2 looks very interesting, too.

I found the http://rubenwardy.com/minetest_modding_book/ and I hope this'll be a good start in mod-world.
Thank you all!

bedrockbite

by bedrockbite » Post

eyekay wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 17:57

You can write a mod which generates diamond ores higher than bedrock
thank you for this mod.
Is it possible, that it generates only the ores when a world is newly generated?
I added the mod as described in my existing world and for testing purposes I changed the values, that I'll find the diamond between -3 and -1. But I can't find them.
So I suppose it'll only work with a new world?

Wuzzy

Version 2.0.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 2.0.0 released!
This version has been upgraded for Minetest 5.0.0 compability. On ContentDB, you can still find the download for version 1.2.2, which is compatible with older Minetest versions.

Changelog:
  • Optional dependency for "intllib" removed
  • Cleanup legacy files like description.txt
  • License changed from WTFPL to MIT License
Also, this mod was moved to Codeberg.org:
https://codeberg.org/Wuzzy/minetest_bedrock2