[Mod] Throwing enhanced [maint.] [throwing]

Echoes91
In-game: Echoes

Re: [Mod] Throwing enhanced [1.4.1] [throwing]

by Echoes91 » Post

Please note that spears are being developed further and published in their new topic. Fixes and improvements will not be ported here any longer.

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

Re: [Mod] Throwing enhanced [1.4.1] [throwing]

by Diamond knight » Post

Idea:maybe add a very endgame arrow machine gun that fires salvos of arrows like classic throwing, but the arrows shot from it almost always break, even diamond arrows, and to power it you need to craft it and a mese crystal for every say, 50 arrows shot (or charged batteries if technic enabled) (the recharging is to make it less op)

Echoes91

Re: [Mod] Throwing enhanced [maint.] [throwing]

by Echoes91 » Post

Throwing enhanced is now in maintenance status. No more new features will be directly added here, but its components will be gradually separated and developed further. The original mod will eventually be turned into a modpack once everything will be working good as standalone mods.

Spears have been removed to avoid any conflict with my new Spears mod.

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

A modpack would be good.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Hi, i am testing this mode with basic arrows on my PvP server (SaKeL Test) but it seems to not doing any damage to the players. Is there any setting for this ? Thanks.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

i have added this to the standard_arrows and it works perfectly ! woohhooo cant wait to kill someone :D
Would be maybe nice to add it to the global setting and set also different arrow damage per bow.

Code: Select all

local ARROW_DAMAGE = 1

for k, obj in pairs(objs) do
	-- begin player damage
	if obj:is_player() then
		obj:set_hp(obj:get_hp()-ARROW_DAMAGE)
		self.object:remove()
	end
	-- end player damage

if obj:get_luaentity() ~= nil then

Echoes91

by Echoes91 » Post

SaKeL wrote:Hi, i am testing this mode with basic arrows on my PvP server (SaKeL Test) but it seems to not doing any damage to the players. Is there any setting for this ? Thanks.
As stated at the introduction, this mod is NOT tested for PvP but only balanced against Mobs Redo's creatures, i had no idea about what those arrows would do against a player.
SaKeL wrote:i have added this to the standard_arrows and it works perfectly ! woohhooo cant wait to kill someone :D
Would be maybe nice to add it to the global setting and set also different arrow damage per bow.

local ARROW_DAMAGE = 1

for k, obj in pairs(objs) do
	-- begin player damage
	if obj:is_player() then
		obj:set_hp(obj:get_hp()-ARROW_DAMAGE)
		self.object:remove()
	end
	-- end player damage

if obj:get_luaentity() ~= nil then

The damage dealt by arrows to entities already depends on their speed and material, so it depends also on the weapon's stiffness since it determines the arrow's starting speed. You could have added the "is_player" flag to my code instead of setting a constant damage that overrides it and adding a new cycle.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Hi,

If you want to use this mod with PvP feel free to use our forked version, it includes :
  1. Many bugfixs
    Many crashfixs
    Arrow trajectory corrections
    Adapted for PVP
    32px textures
    arrow aren't blocked by some biomes nodes (like grass for example)
    etc...
You can download it here : https://github.com/MinetestForFun/serve ... s/throwing

(@echoes91 : for the moment the initial version of this mod can't hit players because of the "gauges:hp_bar" => https://github.com/MinetestForFun/serve ... ns.lua#L27)

(PS : This forked version was improved by the MinetestForFun devs team including mainly @crabman but also @LeMagnesium and @gravgun)
Last edited by Minetestforfun on Wed Dec 09, 2015 23:38, edited 2 times in total.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

great thanks a lot !

burli

by burli » Post

Got an error message

2016-03-10 19:18:54: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer uses throwing:bow_royal_loaded, pointing at [nothing]
2016-03-10 19:18:54: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer uses throwing:bow_royal_loaded, pointing at [node under=4,3,135 above=4,3,136]
2016-03-10 19:18:54: ERROR[ServerThread]: LuaEntity name "" not defined
2016-03-10 19:18:54: ERROR[main]: ServerError: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'throwing' in callback item_OnUse(): /home/markus/.minetest/mods/throwing/functions.lua:34: attempt to index a nil value
2016-03-10 19:18:54: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2016-03-10 19:18:54: ERROR[main]: 	/home/markus/.minetest/mods/throwing/functions.lua:34: in function 'throwing_shoot_arrow'
2016-03-10 19:18:54: ERROR[main]: 	/home/markus/.minetest/mods/throwing/functions.lua:106: in function </home/markus/.minetest/mods/throwing/functions.lua:100>
2016-03-10 19:18:54: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players: 
My first Minetest Crash

saavedra29
GitHub: saavedra29

by saavedra29 » Post

Could we please have a list of servers that use this mod?

marcoottina
GitHub: lonevetad
In-game: lonevetad

by marcoottina » Post

Hi,
I worked on the Throwing mod, creating 3 silly arrows and 1 crossbow:
- tnt arrow : like your (I made this files more than 1,5 years ago)
- cluster arrow : an arrow doing a huge explosion and generating a "rose" of about 13 tnt arrow .. let's blow up the world!
- icy arrow: generate a (large bad/bugged shaped) sphere of ice, removing only air and water (nothing else)
- CrossBow_Otty : a crossbow that fires on click the arrow places at the right of the crossbow in the hotbar, if present, a default arrow otherwise. This crossbow is OP because do not consume all arrows : the player is always left with 1 arrow.

I wish to share with You what I've done: please, contact me on my email: ottins1995@gmail.com.
(P.S.: i'm italian)

Echoes91

by Echoes91 » Post

marcoottina wrote:Hi,
I worked on the Throwing mod, creating 3 silly arrows and 1 crossbow:
- tnt arrow : like your (I made this files more than 1,5 years ago)
- cluster arrow : an arrow doing a huge explosion and generating a "rose" of about 13 tnt arrow .. let's blow up the world!
- icy arrow: generate a (large bad/bugged shaped) sphere of ice, removing only air and water (nothing else)
- CrossBow_Otty : a crossbow that fires on click the arrow places at the right of the crossbow in the hotbar, if present, a default arrow otherwise. This crossbow is OP because do not consume all arrows : the player is always left with 1 arrow.

I wish to share with You what I've done: please, contact me on my email: ottins1995@gmail.com.
(P.S.: i'm italian)
Hello!
I've got no more time to work on this unluckily but i suggest you to share what you have done on this forum. The community always appreciates new works and ideas and will be able to help you too!

Tricobalt

by Tricobalt » Post

Hey, I forked that mod and added a lot of cool things (my aim was to make fully-featured, survival throwing mechanics). A lot of things were fixed, many new cool visuals and arrows were added, more information is here https://github.com/ClockGen/minetest_throwing