[Mod] Not So Simple Mobs [3.0] [nssm]

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

Re: [Mod] Not So Simple Mobs [3.0] [nssm]

by Chem871 » Post

Btw, they have Japanese songs for the 7 Deadly Sins, and they're all awesome, especially Wrath (in my opinion Wrath's the best ;) )
What is SCP-055?

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

oh wow!
the dimension called "Morlendor" looks sick!
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

Moleman
In-game: Moleboi

by Moleman » Post

Can you tame any of the mobs?

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Npx has declared me in PM today he will get developing for nexr release next week! Hurray!

MESEmaster
In-game: EisernerEngel

by MESEmaster » Post

Hurray!!!

MESEmaster

by MESEmaster » Post

@npx

Could you eventually upload the new mobs, so far you've done the coding yet, on GitHub, to share them with us, instead of leaving it unclear to us whether the mob is finished, about to be continued or not yet released? This would be very kind of you because we're all (or at least I think so) quite unshure about the state of this mod and wether it will be continued or not...

Moleman
In-game: Moleboi

by Moleman » Post

Is there any tameable mobs that will battle with you?

roboto
GitHub: NewbProgrammer101
In-game: akoek

by roboto » Post

PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE UUUUUUUUUUUUPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Quoting the npx`s message that was sent to me on September 15th:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Andrey,
I hope we will return soon to develop nssm. During summer we were very busy, I finally get my degree in biotechnology, and the "other npx" is getting his degree in a week. Next week I will start to think about what we still have to do for the 4.0.
Thank you for your appreciation and your support.
npx

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It turns out he has ALREADY developed new update and now he thinks what to add still in the mod. I know a lot of new mobs keep for 4.0 in his Github repo.

MESEmaster

by MESEmaster » Post

His github repo is only containing models and textures, all those medias, isn't it? Or is it possible to take a look at the new code to see the mobs new features yet?

MESEmaster

by MESEmaster » Post

@npx

I think there are some quite important things to fix with the phoenix: According to the code and some tests I made with it, it CAN fly in air, but not in phoenix-fire. This means that one can simply stand beneath him, and step aside as soon as he fires. he will fall down through his own column of fire, and then, you can simply kill him by placing a water source from a bucket right beneath him whilst he is doing no attempt to fly away. Also, I think his dogshoot-settings should be weighted more towards melee attacks than towards shooting. Actually, he is shooting so much (and slowly) and moving nearly never so that it's easy to outrun him. Actually, I am much more afraid of his smaller relatives and the cute little standart ducks than of the phoenix, as simply doing a stepp aside every time he fires solves the problem onca and for all. I am sometimes digging trees before even getting some armor with a phoenix right beneath me, ignoring him and doing nothing but stepping aside from time to time :D

Also, I would strongly recommend you to change the way the nightmaster behaves. First of all, I think his spawnrate is too high (I see around two or three of them every night I'm walking round the desert). Additionally, simply spawning a new nightmaster with lesser heads every time one with more than one head dies appears to be a little hacky, as the new nightmaster is first looking into the wrong direction before reorientating. You could do it different by using a do_custom function to cause the nightmaster to check for its health every second and change its modell to one with lesser heads if nessesarry.

You could fix the phoenix-problem by causing it to check for water sources and flowing water around it every step (via do_custom) and "boil" them if there are any (replace with air and add a nice particlespawn for steam). You could also fix it by causing it to attack you much more often via dogfight if it has less than min_hp; this would cause it to be less defensive when the player gets it down with bows and arrows and regularry stepping aside. Also, the phoenix fire shouldn't replace bones, as loosing a whole diamond equipment because of being stabbed with a fire tongue from behind is quite unfair.

Also, the Scauriss and the Moonhero are quite booring but nevertheless annoying when you've got good enought equipment to deal with them without problems (it is dealing no damage at all when you are wearing a diamond armor). You could change this by giving them an annoying ability like an eagle: They could attach the player to their body (somewhere between their legs) every time they hit (but only with a 1 in 13 chance), and then switch into panic-mode (see the mobs redo - API); this would cause them to carry the player high into the air where they could drop him around 10 blocks above the ground, which wouldn't kill him but still be very dangerous and deal hefty damage.

The kraken could do the same thing by carrying the player deep into the water and deattach him there; I've changed his code in my version of nssm but there are some bugs so it's not working actually. You could also give krakens and octopodes the ability to deattach players from the boats they're sitting on, to stop players from enjoing the benefits of sitting inside a boat whilst getting no damage at all. It would be also far more interesting to find and fight krakens if they would only spawn deeper underwater; this would also hinder them from accidentally leaving water and getting the "flop"-state (--> mobs redo - API)

The giant sandworm would be far more interesting if he could dig the sand beneath a player like the smaller sandworms do, and he could occassionally throw the player throught the air with his headslaps, using some code similliar to the one used by the tnt-mod to throw a player away from a tnt-block when it's exploding.

The mantis would be somehow more interesting if he would have rank 2 of the mobs-redo's pathfinding ability, so he could dig through walls; this would make him more a real danger than just being an average melee-brute.

The spider's poisoning would work better if you would use a dependencie on playereffects (the mod) to add a poisoned-status effect. This would cause the player to still suffer poison damage when leaving the poison block you're actually using to simulate poisoning. The dungeontest-subgame is using an interesting confusion-statuseffect which cause the player to change his look-direction randomly every few seconds; you could cause the new albino-spider to inflict this or the redback to make them more intersting.
In minecraft, spiders can climb walls. You could easily achieve this by registrating an air-like climbable node which changes into air after some seconds; the spiders could have a do_custum function causing them to check for nighboured solid nodes every second and place one of these climbable air nodes to there position if there are any and self.state == "attack" (--> mobs redo- API). Being able to climb walls is also quite funny as a player, as I recognized some days ago when I tested the method described above on poor Sam, so mybe you could cause the thick web boots to do this too.

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Maybe make Morlendor portals craftable, but very expensive?
What is SCP-055?

MESEmaster

by MESEmaster » Post

I've modified my version of nssm so actually every building is spawnnable with a strange kind of spawnegg... It's not craftable, but if you're interested, I can send you the code with the crafting reciepe of your choice and tell you how to activate the code...
Last edited by MESEmaster on Mon Oct 23, 2017 14:59, edited 1 time in total.

MESEmaster

by MESEmaster » Post

*"code", not "codo" xD

edit: I now corrected the spelling mistake directly in my previous message, so you might not know what I meant with the correction above xD

Ruto
IRC: Ruto
In-game: Ruto

by Ruto » Post

Too scared..

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

The special mobs that spawn in Morlendor like the Morde, Morgut, etc, when they try to do their special attacks, it crashes the game, also, the Axe of Pride is broken.
What is SCP-055?

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Chem871 wrote:The special mobs that spawn in Morlendor like the Morde, Morgut, etc, when they try to do their special attacks, it crashes the game, also, the Axe of Pride is broken.
Same thing happens to me with no only Morde and Morgut, but also with other mobs (mostly with bosses). It looks like the API here is very outdated (some functions have not used Mobs API long ago, yet as custom_attack and etc) as latest update (3.0) was made on October last year and during this time Mobs API is already done some changes, at any case i saw in some text files. Probably on this reason Lua can not define ids of those functions that used earlier.

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

So it seems the author needs to update the mod, but are they still maintaining it?
What is SCP-055?

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Chem871 wrote:So it seems the author needs to update the mod, but are they still maintaining it?
I don`t know. Some months ago i got a message from npx-developer that said he would think about he and his one developer need to do for future release 4.0. Once i don`t see him to do commits on Development Github repo:https://github.com/NPXcoot/Nssm-models-textures-sounds
If honestly, it`s very strange with so delaying of development as the mod is not updated already more one year .

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Would someone please fix the game-breaking glitches in the mod?
What is SCP-055?

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

So the Sword of Envy is like an imperfect Axe of Pride?
What is SCP-055?

batnoob
In-game: TheIncredibleHulk

by batnoob » Post

What does a Morlendor portal look like, and where can i find one, i've been looking for 5 hours

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Idk if they even spawn in the wild.
What is SCP-055?

batnoob

by batnoob » Post

i was under the impression that they did

batnoob

by batnoob » Post

Chem871 wrote:Idk if they even spawn in the wild.
so can you build them then?