[Mod] Unified Inventory [git][unified_inventory]

RealBadAngel

[Mod] Unified Inventory [git][unified_inventory]

by RealBadAngel » Post

This mod is a complete overhaul of the player's inventory, featuring creative inventory (just click to get what you want), craft guide, bags, and more.

A "lite" mode is available for use on devices with restricted screen sizes or servers that cater to them (just add unified_inventory_lite = true to your minetest.conf)

Download: https://github.com/minetest-mods/unifie ... master.zip
Or browse the code: https://github.com/minetest-mods/unified_inventory

Installation:
Please make sure you don't have any previous versions of the mod installed.

Download the zip, unpack it into your mods directory, and enable the mod in your desired world.

No need to rename anything, just download and unpack.

Dependencies: Minetest engine version 5.4.0 or newer.

Recommends: datastorage (enables the waypoints component); mods such as Worldedit (its GUI component), 3d armor, and others can register additional pages in the inventory display as well. Mods can control whether they are accessible in "lite" mode, also.

License: GPLv3+

Credits: Much credit goes to the creators of the separate parts used to make this mod:
Cornernote, Jeija, PilzAdam and others.

Please post any ideas you may have to help improve it.

Screenshots:
"Full" formspec mode, showing the craft grid page, with creative inventory
Spoiler
"Lite" formspec mode, showing the same page
Crafting Guide page, showing how to make a bookshelf
Bags page, showing a large bag with some random content
This post is a continuation of RBA's original Unified Inventory thread at https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3933 and is based directly on his original first post.
Attachments
ui_largebag.png
ui_largebag.png (605.99 KiB) Viewed 7906 times
ui_lite.png
ui_lite.png (699.81 KiB) Viewed 7907 times
ui_craftguide.png
ui_craftguide.png (742.35 KiB) Viewed 7906 times
ui_full.png
ui_full.png (702.7 KiB) Viewed 7906 times

fooljap
In-game: fooljap

Re: [Mod] Unified Inventory [git][unified_inventory]

by fooljap » Post

Is anything change updates from original by RealBadAngel ?

Marshall_maz
In-game: Mazal

by Marshall_maz » Post

Hi , I don't know if I maybe missed it in all the info posted , but the "copy to crafting grid" options don't work in lite mode. Both the 10 and all options. Is this intended or a bug ?

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Those buttons only work if you have creative privilege I think, or maybe only if you have enough materials in your main inventory to actually craft the thing you asked for. In any case, they're the exact same formspec elements as in 'full' mode, only their positions have changed, so the behavior will be the same either way.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

VanessaE wrote:Those buttons only work if you have creative privilege I think, or maybe only if you have enough materials in your main inventory to actually craft the thing you asked for. In any case, they're the exact same formspec elements as in 'full' mode, only their positions have changed, so the behavior will be the same either way.
Creative is not a requirement for it. In full mode , even without creative it works normally. It's purpose is to transfer 10 of the recipe ingredients to crafting grid or maximum of the number ingredients of the recipe required that you have in inventory to crafting grid to remove the tedious moving of plenty of items from inventory to crafter on huge amounts of crafts. On lite mode they don't work at all even if you have enough items in inventory. Is the first thing I noticed on your Vanilla server when I wanted to make plenty ladders is the 10 or all to crafting grid don't work. Example I click the recipe first , then click on the 10 option to crafter grid , but no sticks are transferred to crafter there even if I have plenty stacks stick in inventory.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I'm not sure then. Like I said, it's the same formspec elements as full mode.

I don't know the code that well (I only added what was needed for the lite mode), so if someone can look at the code and make an appropriate patch, I'll merge it.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Oh and in response to fooljap, this IS the original mod. Just a new thread for it.

fooljap
In-game: fooljap

by fooljap » Post

ok :-D

Nymue

by Nymue » Post

Hello, I just tried to add your mod to Minetest but I have a problem. Everytime i try to activate it, I got a message "ERROR : failed to unable Unified_inventory-master as it contains disallowed characters. Only characters [a-z0-9] are allowed".
I'm playing on version 0.4.12 , DL from official minetest.net site.
Am I doing something wrong ? I download your mod, unzip it then copy and paste it to the /mods/ directory in minetest.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

@Nymue , The folder name must be just unified_inventory , without the "-master" at the end.

Nymue

by Nymue » Post

Ahhh thanks, works fine now :)

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Your welcome. You can remember that for all mods you download. If it has the "-master" at the end just rename and remove it.

Enjoy !

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I've just added a couple small tweaks so that recipes with unknown items or groups are no longer shown, and items are only shown in the craft guide if they can actually be made. In creative mode, all items are still shown regardless of craftability.

I didn't do any recursive checks, so if there some item A that can be cooked to get B, both A and B will still show even if A can't be crafted. I'll work on that later.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

VanessaE wrote: I've just added a couple small tweaks so that recipes with unknown items or groups are no longer shown, and items are only shown in the craft guide if they can actually be made. In creative mode, all items are still shown regardless of craftability.
Sounds like a very good idea and will reduce the amount of pages considerably in some games.
A list of my mods can be found here.

orangebiscuit

by orangebiscuit » Post

The crafting area is squished and I can't place objects in the crafting slots... Kinda a gameplay hindering issue... Any help much appreciated!!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update whatever texture pack you're using. Somewhere, you've got UI background images being overridden.

thomasthespacefox
GitHub: ThomasTheSpaceFox
IRC: ThomasJaguar1212
In-game: thomasthespacefox

by thomasthespacefox » Post

use it every minetest day!
the search function is a sure sanity saver! if i want mese i type mese and i get mese stuff for example. type door get doors. convenience!
i also like how mods can interface with it! I can pick my player skin from my inventory, i can also put on some armor if i want!

DoyleChris
In-game: DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

How do i get the GUI for WorldEdit to come up. It says there is to be a (The icon looks like a globe with a red dot in the center) but i dont see the icon.

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

The version I have is different then this one. It has the WE gui. You could try it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/km6zamdtdxc23 ... y.zip?dl=0
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

GFX_Garage
GitHub: GraphicsGarage
In-game: GFX

by GFX_Garage » Post

I've added datastorage and have no idea how to get waypoints working. Is there supposed to be an icon?

[EDIT] Never mind. I reinstalled both mods and it started working.
"Well it is an ambiguous enterprise, and fraught with contradiction, but forward, ever forward" ~ Terence McKenna

https://www.youtube.com/user/GraphicsGarage/featured

http://torywright.deviantart.com/

Soudon
In-game: Soudon

by Soudon » Post

Is it going to get the shift click option now that the default game has it? Because as of right now shift click is not working with unified inventory.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I don't know anything about that feature, so if someone wants to code and submit a pull request for it, I'll merge it.

Don

by Don » Post

Soudon is referring to listring. The only thing I can think of that would benefit from it in unified inventory is bags. I will have a look tonight and see if anything else could use it.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The main inventory <--> craft grid could make use of it too, given how I use it. ;-)

While doing large builds, I routinely throw a few items that are the most important into my craft grid, like my pick and the few main materials I'm working with, clear the inventory, and then move them back.

Don

by Don » Post

I just submitted a pull request for bags. I will do the craft grid in a bit.

Edit - I just submitted a pull request for the craft grid listring.