[Mod] Unified Inventory [git][unified_inventory]

lonestar

Re: [Mod] Unified Inventory [git][unified_inventory]

by lonestar » Post

Dunno if it is possible, but how about having a default stack amount of 1 instead of 99 when choosing an item and having a modifier key (shift +click) to give max stack? In creative, there is no sense in giving a full stack of an item. If you do not want or cant implement this, how can I edit the mod to only give 1 of an item for default for my own use. Thanks

Modern Hippie

by Modern Hippie » Post

lonestar wrote:Dunno if it is possible, but how about having a default stack amount of 1 instead of 99 when choosing an item and having a modifier key (shift +click) to give max stack? In creative, there is no sense in giving a full stack of an item. If you do not want or cant implement this, how can I edit the mod to only give 1 of an item for default for my own use. Thanks
That's a good idea I think!
No longer active with this account! Please PM me on my new account "Wolfshippie"!

false_chicken
GitHub: falsechicken
In-game: false_chicken

by false_chicken » Post

Hello. Love the mod. Is there any way to limit the number of bags a player can equip at a time? I am trying to start a realistic survival server and would like to limit players to having one backpack/bag on at a time. I would like to avoid a fork if I can. Thanks!
DISCLAIMER: I am probably wrong.

AlabamaHit

by AlabamaHit » Post

lonestar wrote:Dunno if it is possible, but how about having a default stack amount of 1 instead of 99 when choosing an item and having a modifier key (shift +click) to give max stack? In creative, there is no sense in giving a full stack of an item. If you do not want or cant implement this, how can I edit the mod to only give 1 of an item for default for my own use. Thanks
Modern Hippie wrote:
That's a good idea I think!

You can gain 1 at a time by doing this.

Open "callbacks.lua"
Line 151: stack:set_count(stack:get_stack_max())
Change to: stack:set_count(1)

That will add 1 of the item instead of an entire stack.

fluffyofqweam
GitHub: fluffyofqweam
IRC: fluffyofqweam
In-game: fluffyofqweam

by fluffyofqweam » Post

got a error when trying to load a world with this mod,

unresolved name conflicts for mods "unified inventory"
check debug.txt for details.

checked the debug.txt and it says there might be some curlfetch error? i would appreciate it you maybe someone told me a fix really want to try this mod! thanks

luizsab

by luizsab » Post

Hello.
I found an error with Unified Inventory, the background is brown (looks like wood) and the craft table is misaligned even while is the unique mod.
Luiz
[luizsab]
cdb_20c854aafd61

casp3r

by casp3r » Post

ok just cool :) i LOVE can put enter for search and not close the inventory i'm so happy for that
and this mod fix the inventory probs with the 3d armor 0.4.10 cool too now i've +1000 skins
but i don't like the "new" armor icon in the inventory can i replace the older with the original picture in a folder but where? how?

can you tell me that plz and all be perfect after, i'm a maniak XD

ok after looking, i see that depending of 3d armor mod i had change the pic by the older all be perfect now

shivajiva
In-game: shivajiva

by shivajiva » Post

This mod has a minor bug, it checks creative privilege for every item in the list on player login, for me that's 451 checks where it accesses a core function due to the account having creative priv. Obviously 450 of those checks are unnecessary so I created a PR that caches the first check and subsequently checks the cache rather than calling the core function repeatedly.

The PR marginally reduces the load on login time for a player. Hopefully it will be merged soon, every bit helps...

KatzEyez
GitHub: KatzPetz
IRC: LadyK
In-game: LadyK

by KatzEyez » Post

Not sure if this will help future people, but you can get 1, 10 or 99 of an item if you have creative privs by clicking the crafting guide option at the bottom, it's the icon with the tools and the ?. This may save you from having to throw away partial stacks of items.
Why wish upon a star when you can pray to the one who created it.

scottwolff
In-game: scottwolff or some variant of iasiney

by scottwolff » Post

Amazing mod. Trope codifier.
Really, I've heard the distinction from players that if you are going more creative, use unified inventory.
Although, I haven't figured out if it is a possibility to give players a choice between light or regular. See, a desktop user was on when I turned on the light version in minetest.conf and could not access the bags icon.

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

Hmm not sure if still being worked on by anybody but a feature to search for everything but what you tyoed could be usefull
especially with say my gemeric mod which adds over 36 unified inventory full formspec pages its cind of annoying to flick through them all to get to what I want
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

grsweb
In-game: Chalo

by grsweb » Post

Which mod is this ?
I want to add these options to my local games

Thanks
Attachments
2018-03-28_120804.png
2018-03-28_120804.png (13.61 KiB) Viewed 2797 times

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

grsweb wrote:Which mod is this ?

Thanks
That would be Unified Inventory Plus.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

GreenDimond wrote:
grsweb wrote:Which mod is this ?

Thanks
That would be Unified Inventory Plus.
If you use unified inventory, then use unified inventory plus
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

jesusballester

by jesusballester » Post

I do not see the icons of the houses or the sun or the moon

TechNolaByte

by TechNolaByte » Post

jesusballester wrote:I do not see the icons of the houses or the sun or the moon
those icons are based on privs, you can only use/see them if you have the right priv
if your playing singleplayer do /grantme all

Dan2018

by Dan2018 » Post

can we turn of creative inventory and just have the crafting guide?

Sorry, didnt fully test it. I have full permissions. On a normal user they cant just give themselves stuff.

Nice!

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

by redblade7 » Post

I just updated one of my servers to 0.4.17.1 and the most recent mods, and every time I try and join, the server crashes with this message:
2018-06-13 21:38:57: ACTION[Server]: redblade7 joins game. List of players: redblade7
2018-06-13 21:38:57: ACTION[Server]: redblade7 leaves game. List of players:
2018-06-13 21:38:58: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '' in callback on_joinplayer(): .../games/minetest_game/mods/unified_inventory/internal.lua:289: bad argument #1 to 'lower' (string expected, got table)
2018-06-13 21:38:58: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-06-13 21:38:58: ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'lower'
2018-06-13 21:38:58: ERROR[Main]: .../games/minetest_game/mods/unified_inventory/internal.lua:289: in function 'ffilter'
2018-06-13 21:38:58: ERROR[Main]: .../games/minetest_game/mods/unified_inventory/internal.lua:300: in function 'apply_filter'
2018-06-13 21:38:58: ERROR[Main]: ...games/minetest_game/mods/unified_inventory/callbacks.lua:20: in function <...games/minetest_game/mods/unified_inventory/callbacks.lua:12>
2018-06-13 21:38:58: ERROR[Main]: (REMOVED)/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:420: in function <(REMOVED)/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:400>
EDIT: Commenting out line 289 "ldesc = string.lower(def.description)" and replacing with "ldesc = def.description" on gets the server to start, but using the search bar crashes with a similar message "bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got table)"

EDIT: If I comment out the following lines:
local lname = string.lower(name)
local ldesc = string.lower(def.description)
return string.find(lname, lfilter, 1, true) or string.find(ldesc, lfilter, 1, true)
and replace with: "return true"
There are no crashes, but the search feature does not work
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

bell07
GitHub: bell07

by bell07 » Post

I get the similar issue after updating mods last days. It is not fault of 9.4.17.1 an not of unified_inventory.
Any mod register any item wrong, with table in description field. In my case it was the farming mod (tenplus1 version).

My fix is https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/Farming/pulls/2

So please check all your updated mods for similar issues.

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

by redblade7 » Post

bell07 wrote:I get the similar issue after updating mods last days. It is not fault of 9.4.17.1 an not of unified_inventory.
Any mod register any item wrong, with table in description field. In my case it was the farming mod (tenplus1 version).

My fix is https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/Farming/pulls/2

So please check all your updated mods for similar issues.
You're right, after I updated Farming Redo I have no crashes, and the search works properly. Funny thing is the fix was applied within a few hours after I had downloaded it. Thank you so much!
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

izzyb

by izzyb » Post

Links are broken.

Think the correct link for the source is here:

https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/unified_inventory.git
cdb_d26897136a4c

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

by KCoombes » Post

izzyb wrote:Links are broken.

Think the correct link for the source is here:

https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/unified_inventory.git
This link results in a plain text message "You need to sign in or sign up before continuing." on a white screen. Is there no other repository for this mod?

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The correct URL is https://github.com/minetest-mods/unified_inventory

Fixed in the first post.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Don Flymoor
GitHub: DanielTheGreatinc
In-game: DonFlymoor

by Don Flymoor » Post

Could you add a progressive mode to this mod? I believe it would greatly enhance survival gameplay.

yw05
GitHub: y5nw
IRC: y5nw
In-game: ywang

by yw05 » Post

Dan2018 wrote:can we turn of creative inventory and just have the crafting guide?

Sorry, didnt fully test it. I have full permissions. On a normal user they cant just give themselves stuff.

Nice!
Users that are not playing as creative (i.e. the server has creative mode disabled and the users has no creative priv) cannot get items themselves.