[Mod] Unified Inventory [git][unified_inventory]

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Mod] Unified Inventory [git][unified_inventory]

by Sokomine » Thu Jun 13, 2019 01:12

Maybe we need a new priv for the "get items from unified_inventory for free" option - what the creative priv did before. The creative priv was turned into something that does something in MTG now - something that (to me) is entirely undesirable. I don't want digging speed or effects of digging/placing affected. Just that free material from unified_inventory for building purposes.
A list of my mods can be found here.

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Thu Jun 13, 2019 09:45

That's more the domain of minetest_game (well, the creative mod therein). Having a minetest.conf setting to change the place/dig behavior separate from the creative-inventory feature could be useful.

That said, there is a workaround:

On a survival-mode server or world, giving someone the creative privilege *does* have the effect you're interested in -- they get the materials for free, but place/dig behavior still uses survival-mode timings and tool capabilities. All good mods that have to do inventory manipulations on dig/place (such as taking two or more of something from your inventory when used) already check for creative mode and/or privilege before making such changes, too.

So, put the server/world/etc. into survival mode, turn off damage and PvP, and add creative to the default privileges (alongside fast, fly, shout, etc.). Anyone who wants the usual fast digging under that scenario just needs to give him/herself a tool that'll do the job.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 13:07

VanessaE, please repost this thread because RealBadAngel is dead and you are alive.

Someone should mark this thread as “old” then and add a link to the current version of Unified Inventory.

Thanks.

I hope the GitHub repo is still the correct one. Cuz I posted things there.
My creations. I gladly accept bitcoins: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Thu Sep 19, 2019 17:58

The first post points at the Github repo. Since it isn't my mod, nor am I the maintainer anymore, it doesn't make sense to me to be the "head" of the forum thread for it.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Robsoie

by Robsoie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:35

Hello,

I use Backspace to open/close my inventory, but i noticed when using unified inventory that i am not always able to close it with Backspace, sometime i can sometime not, it puzzled me for a while but i noticed the reason :

the line with "Search" (the searchbox) sometime seems to enable itself (there's the cursor that appear in it) despite i never click on it , and when it happens i simply can't use Backspace to close the inventory because with the searchbox cursor being present Backspace is suddenly used as being the textual "backspace" function, so i need to press Escape to exit the inventory.

As i never use the search functionality of unified inventory, i was trying to find a way to remove it entirely because it's super annoying to me.
So in the internal.lua i deleted
Code: Select all
   -- Search box
   formspec[n] = "field_close_on_enter[searchbox;false]"
   n = n+1

if not draw_lite_mode then
      formspec[n] = "field[9.5,8.325;3,1;searchbox;;"
         .. F(unified_inventory.current_searchbox[player_name]) .. "]"
      formspec[n+1] = "image_button[12.2,8.1;.8,.8;ui_search_icon.png;searchbutton;]"
         .. "tooltip[searchbutton;" ..F(S("Search")) .. "]"
      formspec[n+2] = "image_button[12.9,8.1;.8,.8;ui_reset_icon.png;searchresetbutton;]"
         .. "tooltip[searchresetbutton;" ..F(S("Reset search and display everything")) .. "]"
   else
      formspec[n] = "field[8.5,5.225;2.2,1;searchbox;;"
         .. F(unified_inventory.current_searchbox[player_name]) .. "]"
      formspec[n+1] = "image_button[10.3,5;.8,.8;ui_search_icon.png;searchbutton;]"
      formspec[n+2] = "image_button[11,5;.8,.8;ui_reset_icon.png;searchresetbutton;]"
         .. "tooltip[searchresetbutton;" ..F(S("Reset search and display everything")) .. "]"
   end
   n = n+3

local no_matches = S("No matching items")
   if draw_lite_mode then
      no_matches = S("No matches.")
   end

It seems to work good so far after playing for a while, but as i am no coder at all, i am wondering if it is going to lead into unexpected bugs later or if it's completely safe like that ?

redblade7

IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

by redblade7 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 19:01

Hi,

Did RBA ever apply a license to datastorage?

Thank you!
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

Linuxdirk

In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Fri Oct 18, 2019 06:29

Does Unified Inventory support the version 2 formspecs on registered pages? And if not: are there any plans supporting them?

Krock
Developer

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Fri Oct 18, 2019 07:29

Linuxdirk wrote:Does Unified Inventory support the version 2 formspecs on registered pages? And if not: are there any plans supporting them?

The item browser has a fixed position within the "old coordinate system" formspec, but using real coordinates is definitely possible. Try whether it still looks OK with formspec_version applied within your page definition (requires 5.1.0 to render correctly).
https://github.com/minetest-mods/unifie ... ua#L65-L84

Formspec version is rather new, and unified_inventory not that actively developed any more. There are no plans, but patches are welcome at all times.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Fri Oct 18, 2019 08:06

Krock wrote:but using real coordinates is definitely possible.

Will totally try that, I just wondered if there are any plans to migrate to version 2.

Krock wrote:... but patches are welcome at all times.

A patch means to touch all and every coordinate, right :) I recently migrated my mTimer mod and had to do that ...

Krock
Developer

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Fri Oct 18, 2019 08:20

Linuxdirk wrote:A patch means to touch all and every coordinate, right :) I recently migrated my mTimer mod and had to do that ...

For a sane solution there's no other possibility. Luckily the image button placement is quite generic, thus adjusting the sizes and offsets once will apply it for all of them.
Please bare in mind that barely a repository already contains 5.1.0 binaries.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Fri Oct 18, 2019 08:35

Krock wrote:Luckily the image button placement is quite generic, thus adjusting the sizes and offsets once will apply it for all of them.

From what I noticed: The placement of labels is still pretty weird. Mainly because labels are positioned by their center and not by their top left corner, like the other elements. Overall, the values changed, but did not became more "clean", just differently messy :)

Maybe it gets better when I overhaul the whole formspec system instead of just adjusting the coordinates to get basically the same view (planned to do that anyways).

For Unified Inventory: If it looks okay when I use version 2 I keep it, otherwise I likely drop support. Never was a fan of it in first place.

Krock wrote:Please bare in mind that barely a repository already contains 5.1.0 binaries.

My slogan is Release early, update often, use rolling-release since I wrote my first code ages ago.

For Minetest major versions I use Git tags in my mod's repositories, and my released mods use version flags in the CDB so I should be safe here.

Grigor

by Grigor » Mon Dec 16, 2019 00:16

Ahoy RealBadAngel,
Your unified inventory is IMO an essential piece of kit, especially the bags function. But I'm just wondering if instead of a single bag on the main panel you could have all four lined up along the bottom for more immediate and direct access? Something like this:
Like_This.png
(179.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Previous

Return to Mod Releases