Christian9
In-game: Christian9

Re: [Mod] Character Creator [character_creator]

by Christian9 » Post

Ok, thanks I just finished the modifications so now I can work on tools

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

should integrate the functionality into mirrors and wardrobes that way you can goto the bed room click the dresser or mirror and change your appearance.

dr4Ke
GitHub: dr4Ke

by dr4Ke » Post

Hello,

I just installed the mod (on minetest 0.4.14 server) and it seems that the character changes are not persistent between game sessions.
Is this a bug?

EDIT: to be more precise, it's the minetest-server restart that reset the characters to their default look.

dr4Ke
GitHub: dr4Ke

by dr4Ke » Post

The issue was in my systemd service file, it didn't shutdown minetest properly, but killed it instead. So the saving routine wasn't executed, being in register_on_shutdown.

The fix is to send the minetest instance a SIGINT signal, that shuts it down properly before any killing of the remaining process.

On the other side, any outage of the machine will trigger this "bug", so I also propose to save the data at every skin change: https://github.com/minetest-mods/charac ... tor/pull/3

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

by KCoombes » Post

This is definitely the easiest way to add customization of skins to any game - I noticed in the TODO list a preview - why not just flip the player's viewpoint (like pressing f7) when they enter the formspec? I see your screenshots show you did that to take the screenshot - makes sense to implement it that way.

You could also add a 'Full skin' option, allowing for easy importation of existing skins (those that cover the whole mesh, rather than in parts).

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

Been a long time since I've logged in. Experienced a crash today (nil value index) when trying to use character_creator on minetest 0.4.15. Found the problem. Fixed it. Pull request here: https://github.com/Rui-Minetest/_charac ... tor/pull/4

you can download it here, before it is merged into main repo

(Technical details: replaced 3d_armor calls with ones to multiskin instead)
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

Rui

by Rui » Post

[DELETED]
Last edited by Rui on Sun Apr 02, 2017 05:57, edited 2 times in total.

Kashey
In-game: Kashey

by Kashey » Post

sorry, wrong messenger.

bell07
GitHub: bell07

by bell07 » Post

At the first thanks for the great Mod!, My kids loves them!

Two questions
1: Can you please implement a 2D-"Preview" of the generated skins? I think it should be possible in the same way as the skins self, but with the front site only. The preview can be used in 3d_armor preview and/or or in any inventory.

2: Currently the character_creator conflicts with any other skins mod. If both enabled, the inventory show preview of the skins-skin, but the applied skin is from character_creator. Any concept to solve it? It will be nice to have both ways at the same time, use predefined skins or create own character. My idea is: In case a skins mod is active, add a dummy skin "character_creator" to skins.list[] and apply the character_creator overrides only if the dummy skin is selected. If the character_creator is called, select the dummy skin automatically.
For beter compatibility to other mods that knows only the "skins, there should be a default character_creator.png and character_creator_preview.png in textures folder.

scottwolff
In-game: scottwolff or some variant of iasiney

Re: [Mod] Character Creator [1.0] [character_creator]

by scottwolff » Post

Will have to try this one out. Looks like a Trope codifier. First one I've seen in a mod for Minetest. I'd choose this over having to rely on the skinsdb mods for ease of implementation.
Western RPGs vs Eastern RPGs. Western RPGs had this more. Eastern RPGs, you were stuck with the way that characters looked e.g. that you played in the Final Fantasy Series. I digress.

kurktu
In-game: kurktu

by kurktu » Post

The character creator crashed my server:

Code: Select all

2018-06-25 11:39:21: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod '3d_armor' in callback environment_Step(): /var/lib/minetest/.minetest/mods/character_creator/init.lua:163: attempt to index local 'indexes' (a nil value)
2018-06-25 11:39:21: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-06-25 11:39:21: ERROR[Main]:       /var/lib/minetest/.minetest/mods/character_creator/init.lua:163: in function 'get_player_skin'
2018-06-25 11:39:21: ERROR[Main]:       /var/lib/minetest/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/init.lua:240: in function 'init_player_armor'
2018-06-25 11:39:21: ERROR[Main]:       /var/lib/minetest/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/init.lua:299: in function 'func'
2018-06-25 11:39:21: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:18: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:4>
2018-06-25 11:39:21: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:420: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:400>
2018-06-25 11:39:21: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:

bell07

by bell07 » Post

The call-stack does not match the current git versions. Do you use skinsdb? Or 3d_armor and character_creator only?
Please update the mentioned mods (if installed) to the latest git version

Tricobalt

by Tricobalt » Post

bell07 wrote:The call-stack does not match the current git versions. Do you use skinsdb? Or 3d_armor and character_creator only?
Please update the mentioned mods (if installed) to the latest git version
I have the same problem even though I run latest master branches of skinsdb, 3darmor and character_creator. I tried to run only these three mods on the server to make sure nothing else causes the conflict. I've posted an issue on a github page.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Found the reason, fixed and did set up an PR. Please test the correction

Chiantos

by Chiantos » Post

Deleted message
Last edited by Chiantos on Mon Sep 30, 2019 05:43, edited 1 time in total.

Gekkeupie
IRC: Majochup
In-game: majochup-upie2

by Gekkeupie » Post

Oooohhh it looks great.

Do any of you think it would be a good idea to put the mod in the CitySim server?
Maybe not because they have clothes there which you make with a loom.
And this mod would make the loom mod useless.
But people can still use the loom for police suits, military suits, prisioner suits etc.

So would it be a good idea?

Thank you for wasting 20 sec of ur time reading this message
-Majochup :D

louis_nichols

by louis_nichols » Post

LATER EDIT: Nevermind. Found it. :)

Hi!

Sorry for this extremely noob question, I am just trying to help my young daughter and don't actually play the game.

So, once the mod is activated, how does one exactly proceed to activate the UI for modifying the skin? Like, how do you get to the "place" from the screenshot?

I am fairly confident the mod is correctly enabled. I don't get any errors at startup. And the initial skin of the character is different from the one I see when I disable the mod (I've set up a different default skin for my daughter by overwriting character.png, which is used when the mod is disabled). But from this point on, I'm lost.

TIA

LRV
Helper
GitHub: Mooncarguy
In-game: Mooncarman Mooncarguy

by LRV » Post

louis_nichols wrote:LATER EDIT: Nevermind. Found it. :)

Hi!

Sorry for this extremely noob question, I am just trying to help my young daughter and don't actually play the game.

So, once the mod is activated, how does one exactly proceed to activate the UI for modifying the skin? Like, how do you get to the "place" from the screenshot?

I am fairly confident the mod is correctly enabled. I don't get any errors at startup. And the initial skin of the character is different from the one I see when I disable the mod (I've set up a different default skin for my daughter by overwriting character.png, which is used when the mod is disabled). But from this point on, I'm lost.

TIA
First press F7 two times. Then type into the chat "/character_creator".
This is a cool signature. :)

Chrozayis

by Chrozayis » Post

I am encountering an issue where I cannot see the character as I'm editing because the menu is in the way
Attachments
screenshot_20190723_102513.png
screenshot_20190723_102513.png (181.83 KiB) Viewed 1390 times

Thomas-S
GitHub: Thomas--S
IRC: Thomas-S
In-game: Thomas-S

by Thomas-S » Post

Chrozayis wrote:I am encountering an issue where I cannot see the character as I'm editing because the menu is in the way
Are you sure you are using the latest version? It works fine for me with the latest version.

Chrozayis

by Chrozayis » Post

I downloaded the mod yesterday, I am quite certain I have the latest version of both the mod and Minetest

Thomas-S
GitHub: Thomas--S
IRC: Thomas-S
In-game: Thomas-S

by Thomas-S » Post

Please make sure to not use the latest stable release of this mod (Version 1.0) because it won't work with Minetest 5.

Instead, please use the latest master/dev version of this mod.

https://github.com/minetest-mods/charac ... master.zip

Chrozayis

by Chrozayis » Post

Thanks!

Katzenmirzerin

Re: [Mod] Character Creator [1.1] [character_creator]

by Katzenmirzerin » Post

I´m sorry but I don´t know how to use this great texture. Can someone tell me?

Katzenmirzerin

Re: [Mod] Character Creator [1.1] [character_creator]

by Katzenmirzerin » Post

Ah, I found out, it´s character_creator , but however, it doesn´t work.