[mod] kaeza's/VanessaE's signs library [signs_lib][git]

amadin

Re: [mod] kaeza's/VanessaE's signs library [signs_lib][git]

by amadin » Thu Sep 15, 2016 05:22

I mean text in signs does not fit in borders with my new textures and i don't know how to fix this. If you like you can add my textures in this mod.
Attachments
signs_lib-addon.7z
(6 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Thu Sep 15, 2016 06:08

It's better that you should fix your textures as needed. I won't be adding anything like that to this mod. If the textures don't fit, they're just too big. :-)

EDIT: amadin was talking about aligning and sizing the text entity itself, so that it fits better with his custom sign background textures.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:04

Another update: Inspired by what amadin was asking about, I've added an API feature to let you change the entity's size on a per-node-type basis. Just add text_size = {x=foo, y=bar}, to your node definition. The defaults are x=0.8 and y=0.5.

I've started to document signs_lib's API. Most of what signs_lib does is hard-coded and not really publicly accessible (or at least, not really intended to be used by other mods), but a basic description of it can be found here: http://daconcepts.com/vanessa/hobbies/minetest/signs_usage_guide/signs-usage.html#api

Also a minor API change: in a node definition, defaultcolor is now default_color (to fit better with the other options, not that anyone uses it yet. :-) )
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)

ManElevation

GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

muhdnurhidayat

GitHub: MuhdNurHidayat
IRC: muhdnurhidayat
In-game: muhdnurhidayat

by muhdnurhidayat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:34

Is it possible for us to make a supplement mod for signs_lib, where when installed, could help to support certain non-ASCII characters??

This means that, the main signs_lib will only contain what it already contains now, but another mod could act as plugin and add support for those non-ASCII characters like ñ, ä, å, é, þ, ü, ú, í, ó, ö, ø, ð, ß, á, æ, µ, ç, ¿ (the examples I wrote are inside International English (US) keyboard) and others??? Is this thing possible??

Or it is already documented but I missed it??
[ Full signature ] - UTC+8 here, contributing to Minetest Wiki. I'm muhdnurhidayat in IFS (mod), HOMETOWN & others. / Twitter / MT Offtopic ✂️- - - - - -

You just read my profile, right?
Because these few texts of signature only appear on profile page as the texts are cut in signature. xD

Vince

GitHub: vaggrippino
IRC: Vince
In-game: Vince

by Vince » Sun May 07, 2017 15:22

The text of my signs is suddenly sideways:

I have signs placed on the front of a bunch of autocrafters, but the text seems to be facing at a 90 degree angle perpendicular to its sign. If I dig the sign and replace it the problem goes away, but only until I log out and back in again.

The problem only seems to affect signs that face east or west. Signs facing north or south are fine.

This initially happened after I installed the Storage Drawers mod, but it wasn't corrected after disabling the mod, so I think that was just a coincidence. The problem also affects the "icon" on the front of the drawers from this mod.

It seems likely that it's something I did. Could Drawers have made a change that persisted even after disabling the mod?

This is happening on a personal single player server. I have the following mods installed and enabled:
+ Spoiler

How do I troubleshoot this problem?

shiva

In-game: shiva35

Fixer

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

shiva

In-game: shiva35

VanessaE

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:51

Update: I've added arrow symbols to the font. You can get them by writing a caret and 1 to 8 for narrow arrows, or caret plus "a" to "g" for wide ones. ^1 and ^a point up, ^2/^b point up and right, ^3/^c point right, and so on, going clockwise. Should work on all sign types, and colors work, too.

There's no escape char for ^, but used in any manner other than the above will print it (and whatever follows it) directly, so one isn't really needed.

This feature has been added to both fonts in my street signs mod, also.

Previous

Return to Mod Releases