[mod] kaeza's/VanessaE's signs library [signs_lib][git]

amadin

Re: [mod] kaeza's/VanessaE's signs library [signs_lib][git]

by amadin » Thu Sep 15, 2016 05:22

I mean text in signs does not fit in borders with my new textures and i don't know how to fix this. If you like you can add my textures in this mod.
Attachments
signs_lib-addon.7z
(6 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Thu Sep 15, 2016 06:08

It's better that you should fix your textures as needed. I won't be adding anything like that to this mod. If the textures don't fit, they're just too big. :-)

EDIT: amadin was talking about aligning and sizing the text entity itself, so that it fits better with his custom sign background textures.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)

VanessaE

In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:04

Another update: Inspired by what amadin was asking about, I've added an API feature to let you change the entity's size on a per-node-type basis. Just add text_size = {x=foo, y=bar}, to your node definition. The defaults are x=0.8 and y=0.5.

I've started to document signs_lib's API. Most of what signs_lib does is hard-coded and not really publicly accessible (or at least, not really intended to be used by other mods), but a basic description of it can be found here: http://daconcepts.com/vanessa/hobbies/minetest/signs_usage_guide/signs-usage.html#api

Also a minor API change: in a node definition, defaultcolor is now default_color (to fit better with the other options, not that anyone uses it yet. :-) )
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)

ManElevation

GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

muhdnurhidayat

GitHub: MuhdNurHidayat
IRC: muhdnurhidayat
In-game: muhdnurhidayat

by muhdnurhidayat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:34

Is it possible for us to make a supplement mod for signs_lib, where when installed, could help to support certain non-ASCII characters??

This means that, the main signs_lib will only contain what it already contains now, but another mod could act as plugin and add support for those non-ASCII characters like ñ, ä, å, é, þ, ü, ú, í, ó, ö, ø, ð, ß, á, æ, µ, ç, ¿ (the examples I wrote are inside International English (US) keyboard) and others??? Is this thing possible??

Or it is already documented but I missed it??
[ Full signature ] - UTC+8 here, contributing to Minetest Wiki. I'm muhdnurhidayat in IFS (mod), HOMETOWN & others. / Twitter / MT Offtopic ✂️- - - - - -

You just read my profile, right?
Because these few texts of signature only appear on profile page as the texts are cut in signature. xD

Vince

GitHub: vaggrippino
IRC: Vince
In-game: Vince

by Vince » Sun May 07, 2017 15:22

The text of my signs is suddenly sideways:

I have signs placed on the front of a bunch of autocrafters, but the text seems to be facing at a 90 degree angle perpendicular to its sign. If I dig the sign and replace it the problem goes away, but only until I log out and back in again.

The problem only seems to affect signs that face east or west. Signs facing north or south are fine.

This initially happened after I installed the Storage Drawers mod, but it wasn't corrected after disabling the mod, so I think that was just a coincidence. The problem also affects the "icon" on the front of the drawers from this mod.

It seems likely that it's something I did. Could Drawers have made a change that persisted even after disabling the mod?

This is happening on a personal single player server. I have the following mods installed and enabled:
+ Spoiler

How do I troubleshoot this problem?

shiva

In-game: shiva35

Fixer

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

shiva

In-game: shiva35

VanessaE