[Mod]Lightning[lightning] (weather|environment|fire)

MoNTE48
GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

Re: [Mod]Lightning[Weather,environment,fire]

by MoNTE48 » Post

Code: Select all

2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback environment_Step(): Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback node_on_construct(): ...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:41: Invalid core.after invocation
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'assert'
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: 	...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:41: in function 'after'
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: 	....1.0-win64\bin\..\games\default\files\lightning\init.lua:203: in function <....1.0-win64\bin\..\games\default\files\lightning\init.lua:201>
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'set_node'
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: 	....1.0-win64\bin\..\games\default\files\lightning\init.lua:153: in function 'func'
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: 	...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:34: in function <...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:11>
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: 	...\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:369: in function <...\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:349>
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'set_node'
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: 	....1.0-win64\bin\..\games\default\files\lightning\init.lua:153: in function 'func'
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: 	...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:34: in function <...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:11>
2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: 	...\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:369: in function <...\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:349>

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

Martin_Devil wrote:

2016-03-25 12:53:52: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback environment_Step(): Runtime error from mod 'lightning' in callback node_on_construct(): ...ktop\MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\misc.lua:41: Invalid core.after invocation
MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64, what is that?

No seriously, go away. Try it on minetest instead, I can't possibly know or want to support clones or forks.

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

sofar wrote: MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64, what is that?
An unethical fork from which Martin_Devil (aka "MoNTE48") is the author : viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14057

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

sofar wrote:
Martin_Devil wrote:

No seriously, go away. Try it on minetest instead, I can't possibly know or want to support clones or forks.
This is Minetest 0.4.13-master.

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

jp wrote:
sofar wrote: MultiCraft-1.1.0-win64, what is that?
An unethical fork from which Martin_Devil (aka "MoNTE48") is the author : viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14057
You can bring proof of his words? Or is it silly nonsense person who does not know what permissions gives LGPL

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

Martin_Devil wrote:
sofar wrote:
Martin_Devil wrote:

This is Minetest 0.4.13-master.
Is it 0.4.13, or is it master? It can't be both.

If you really want to *seriously* help out find bugs, then DO US ALL A FAVOR, and stop reporting bugs against your fork. Make a clean checkout of minetest and minetest_game from *git*, and then re-test your problematic test case. If you find a bug in there, then you've found a bug.

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

sofar wrote:
Is it 0.4.13, or is it master? It can't be both.

If you really want to *seriously* help out find bugs, then DO US ALL A FAVOR, and stop reporting bugs against your fork. Make a clean checkout of minetest and minetest_game from *git*, and then re-test your problematic test case. If you find a bug in there, then you've found a bug.
I'll do it later. I use the master, my changes are superficial, no change api

rpgsniper2452
GitHub: rpgsniper2452
IRC: rpgsniper2452
In-game: rpgsniper2452

by rpgsniper2452 » Post

Very nice mod. But it's a shame you couldn't control the lightning to make it hit only a certain spot if desired. If that was the case though you could have a staff that will strike anyone who is hit by the staff.

xeranas

by xeranas » Post

rpgsniper2452 wrote:Very nice mod. But it's a shame you couldn't control the lightning to make it hit only a certain spot if desired. If that was the case though you could have a staff that will strike anyone who is hit by the staff.
Any mod can control strike location if they want it by using `lightning.strike(pos)`. It would be relative simple to implement buildin command, but it would be just one variation. For e.g. server oriented admin mod only needs lightning dependecy and they can define variations whatever they want (e.g. lightning strike on player pos + kick player - with single command).

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Post

minetest.register_craftitem("lightningrod:rod",{
description = "lightning rod",
inventory_image = "default_stick.png",
stack_max = 1,
on_place = function(itemstack, placer, pointed_thing)
if pointed_thing.type == "node" then
local p = pointed_thing.above
lightning.strike(p) if minetest.setting_getbool("cat") then itemstack:take_item() end
return itemstack
end
end,
})

boom, i do not know how to upload to github so it takes hour to upload so here is code

Dopium

by Dopium » Post

With the latest dev build this mod is crashing minetest to desktop. Im using xeranus's weather mod and when it begins to strike lightening, the program will crash. Problem im having is the debug log isn't showing any errors, it did once awhile back but im still searching through the log to find it. Not a hundred percent sure but i think since the changes of particles behavior may have something to do with it.

The most i can find is this error that looks to be caused from the weather mod however only happens when lightening begins striking.

2016-07-08 12:19:45: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "dtime" accessed at ...160707\bin\..\games\minetest_2.0\mods\weather\rain\init.lua:143

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

I tested latest lightning, MT and mymonths. Watched several lightning strikes and had no errors or crashes.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

Dopium wrote:

2016-07-08 12:19:45: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "dtime" accessed at ...160707\bin\..\games\minetest_2.0\mods\weather\rain\init.lua:143
Seems like the crash is not in *this* mod, but the *rain* mod.

Dopium

by Dopium » Post

Yeah that's what i though however it is strange that it only happens when raining and i get about two lightening strikes until it crashes. I can have it raining for over an hour with no problems but whenever the lightening starts the two mods are clashing. This also began when i started using the latest dev build which has some changes to particles.

You're most likely right it maybe a bug with xeranus's weather mod therefor i will post the issue there aswell. There is also another bug i noticed with xeranus's weather mod anyway i might aswell bring to his attention. Thanks for having a look anyway

britt

by britt » Post

sofar,

I've used your Lightning mod as a dependency of a mod of my own and had to make a few changes to your mod. If you are interested in these changes, I'll figure out how to create a pull request.

Changes:
  • Fixed a bug that would leave the player's sky permanently white after two lightning strikes occur in rapid succession.
  • Added ability to optionally specify the strength of a lightning strike (light, medium, heavy), with a default of "light".
  • Added variation in the damage a player takes based on how close he is to the strike point.

ErrorNull
GitHub: ErrorNull0

by ErrorNull » Post

cool. i would love to see the changes you've made to this lightening mod. i alsi use it with my mods.

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

britt wrote:sofar,

I've used your Lightning mod as a dependency of a mod of my own and had to make a few changes to your mod. If you are interested in these changes, I'll figure out how to create a pull request.

Changes:
  • Fixed a bug that would leave the player's sky permanently white after two lightning strikes occur in rapid succession.
  • Added ability to optionally specify the strength of a lightning strike (light, medium, heavy), with a default of "light".
  • Added variation in the damage a player takes based on how close he is to the strike point.
Yup, go ahead and make a pull request! Check the github help - it's quite well explained!

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

stu wrote:It's a real shame the particles cannot emit light
This will become possible in the next release, am I right? Just found out and thought of this mod. Perhaps I can create a PR, but I'm no developer.
Use particle glow to brighten up the lightning.
You're already on it I see!

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

texmex wrote:
Use particle glow to brighten up the lightning.
You're already on it I see!
yes, I think I added that 2 months ago already?

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Are the thunder sounds real thunder samples?
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

GreenDimond wrote:Are the thunder sounds real thunder samples?
From the README:

Sounds:
thunder.1.ogg - CC-BY-SA - hantorio - http://www.freesound.org/people/hantorio/sounds/121945/
thunder.2.ogg - CC-BY-SA - juskiddink - http://www.freesound.org/people/juskidd ... ds/101948/
thunder.3.ogg - CC-BY-SA - IllusiaProductions - http://www.freesound.org/people/Illusia ... ds/249950/

Click those links and you can see about the origin yourself!

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Please list all dependencies in first post, thank you.

robert2
GitHub: --
IRC: --
In-game: robert2

Re: [Mod]Lightning[lightning] (weather|environment|fire)

by robert2 » Post

very need to make chat code to enable / disable lighting.
I try make to code but its only disable lighting ( when write /light false ) but when write /light true its still wont make any strike.... maybe someone can explain why this code dont work ? :)

minetest.register_chatcommand("light", {
params = "<lighting>",
description = "lighting on off",
privs = {lighting= false},

func = function(name, param)

if param == "true" then
lightning.auto = true
minetest.chat_send_player(name,
"lighting enabled")

else
lightning.auto = false
minetest.chat_send_player(name,
"lighting disabled")

return
end
end
})

Astrobe

by Astrobe » Post

That's because the mod uses a timer which is not rearmed once you have set lightning.auto to false.
lightning.strike will rearm it if lightning.auto is true, so all you have to do is call manually lightning.strike() once.

paulvdv

by paulvdv » Post

Thanks for this mod! After some time using it, I find there is too often lightning. How can I control how often there is lightning?