[Mod]Lightning[lightning] (weather|environment|fire)

Ketjow3
GitHub: zaisty
In-game: zaisty

Re: [Mod]Lightning[lightning] (weather|environment|fire)

by Ketjow3 » Post

Can You tell me how to enable lightning mod on server?
I have 5.01 Minetest x64 server on ubuntu 16.04 and mod is loaded properly but in game dont see any lightnings. Also have mod fire installed from tenplus1.
Please Help!

Edit:
Lightning is working but after few hours of server working time. I don't know why but maybe it's releated to my cheap VPS and specs of it.

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

by FreeGamers » Post

@Ketjow3, is it listed in active mods when you type: "/mods"?

If so, it should just be a matter of time. It happens randomly. If you look at the init.lua file, you can see the parameters to set it to be more often. Look at lines 15 and 16. There are minimum and maximum range values you can adjust to your liking. If you want it to happen more often, just reduce the maximum interval between strikes.
https://github.com/minetest-mods/lightn ... r/init.lua

Code: Select all

lightning.strike = function(pos)
	if lightning.auto then
		minetest.after(rng:next(lightning.interval_low, lightning.interval_high), lightning.strike)
end
It looks like this mod simply picks an interval between the specified range as the timer for the next strike. It uses a random number generator (rng) to pick that interval
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

lortas

by lortas » Post

This mod shows server warnings: :-(

Code: Select all

WARNING[Server]: Deprecated call to set_sky, please check lua_api.txt (at /opt/minetest/bin/../mods/lightning/init.lua:155)
WARNING[Server]: Deprecated call to set_sky, please check lua_api.txt (at /opt/minetest/bin/../mods/lightning/init.lua:46)