[Mod] Smart shop 7.11 [smartshop]

gpcf
GitHub: gpcf
In-game: gabriel

Re: [Mod] Smart shop 5 [smartshop]

by gpcf » Post

I have continued development, they now only accept via pipeworks the items they sell. Also, they alert you if your stock is empty if the mail mod is installed.

Download under:
https://git.gpcf.eu/?p=smartshop.git

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Download link is back

scottwolff
In-game: scottwolff or some variant of iasiney

by scottwolff » Post

Smart shops. One of my go tos. Decent mod.
I can't understand why some mods and administrators don't like this mod. Supposedly it might've added more lag to my server, but unfounded since the other shops mod we're using didn't seem to make a difference for everyone's overall lag. Asthetically, I think this mod is better than other literal full block bulky ones. It has its own light for goodness sakes!

shivajiva
In-game: shivajiva

by shivajiva » Post

Bugs:
* If a player makes a department store with smartshops the sheer volume of entities causes lag
* Smartshops shouldn't accept admin items or maptools nodes
* Use of type as a variable name masks an existing lua function and is a very bad practice in general
* Line length exceeds acceptable standards

There are probably more mistakes but these are the basic issues with this mod. Feel free to point out anything else you can see wrong :)

gpcf

by gpcf » Post

I have added the ability to make statistics on item prices, if the currency mod is enabled.

Get it from http://git.bananach.space/smartshop.git/, zip: http://git.bananach.space/smartshop.git ... master.zip

Sporax
GitHub: Sporax
IRC: Sporax
In-game: Sporax

by Sporax » Post

Hi,

Axinite (my old minetest server which was take back by 2 new admin, Rafi-59 and Aug-Top) is using this mod. However we have some issues with it!

[BUG REPORT]

-Entities which appeared when a player send something, sometimes they disappear. (we've never used the '/clearobects' command)
-When players send used tools or armor, when someone buy it, it is a new one... i mean without it old use...

It's the better shop we found, then we hope that these bugs will be fixed :), Thanks for all!

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

i get this error and my server crashs every couple of hours
what can i do?

Code: Select all

2018-07-10 16:27:04: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Invalid position (expected table got nil).
2018-07-10 16:27:04: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-07-10 16:27:04: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'get_meta'
2018-07-10 16:27:04: ERROR[Main]: 	...t12/bin/../games/DistrictPvP/mods/smartshop/init.lua:126: in function 'update_info'
2018-07-10 16:27:04: ERROR[Main]: 	...t12/bin/../games/DistrictPvP/mods/smartshop/init.lua:105: in function 'receive_fields'
2018-07-10 16:27:04: ERROR[Main]: 	...t12/bin/../games/DistrictPvP/mods/smartshop/init.lua:118: in function '?'
2018-07-10 16:27:04: ERROR[Main]: 	...critorio/minetest12/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:420: in function <...critorio/minetest12/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:400>
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

shivajiva

by shivajiva » Post

it is a known error and results from a lack of checks on the pos table being passed in the function. Ideally you would redefine pos outside of the functions main conditional as the call is valid for any of the conditions, this allows you to check it's valid and return if not, preventing the crash. Simpler than checking each condition and less code.

I see that's exactly what Krock's patch offers :)

gpcf

by gpcf » Post

@krock I merged your patch into my branch and changed the mod to unix line endings in the process.

AiTechEye
GitHub: AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

ManElevation wrote:i get this error and my server crashs every couple of hours
what can i do?

2018-07-10 16:27:04: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Invalid position 
fixed, empty position, caused by players that left when they where using the shop.

note that, this mod is messing in mt 0.5, maybe cuz the version is unstable, idk

+ added to github
Source
Download

shivajiva

by shivajiva » Post

created an issue for tool repair bug and suggested a fix :)

piesquared
GitHub: piecubed
IRC: piesquared
In-game: piesquared Matthias

Re: [Mod] Smart shop 7.11 [smartshop]

by piesquared » Post

Can you make this tubelib compatable too? Just putting items in, not taking them out. And they would need to be a full block... maybe release a different version, thats tubelib compatable.

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

currently there is 2 different versions,
the modified edition by gcf
and the original edition by me (v7.11)

which one do you mean?

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

AiTechEye wrote:
ManElevation wrote:i get this error and my server crashs every couple of hours
what can i do?

2018-07-10 16:27:04: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Invalid position 
fixed, empty position, caused by players that left when they where using the shop.

note that, this mod is messing in mt 0.5, maybe cuz the version is unstable, idk

+ added to github
Source
Download
ha thx allready fix it but thx its what people needed
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

piesquared
GitHub: piecubed
IRC: piesquared
In-game: piesquared Matthias

by piesquared » Post

AiTechEye wrote:currently there is 2 different versions,
the modified edition by gcf
and the original edition by me (v7.11)

which one do you mean?
You talking to me? I’m saying make a new version, that adds tubelib support. But in order to do that, you would need to make the smartshop block a whole block... otherwise it would just look weird.

gpcf

by gpcf » Post

Bug tracker for my version is at: https://bugs.linux-forks.de/smartshop/ some bugs may also apply to the original version. Report feature requests for my version there.

migifg2003
In-game: migfig2003

by migifg2003 » Post

does the wifi storage have to be physically connected or is it like wifi and "wireless"

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

its wireless, and can be connected up to 30 blocks away

1branchonthevine
GitHub: 1branchonthevine

by 1branchonthevine » Post

I have an issue with your mod, books are erased when picked up from inventory. For instance, when a customer pays for item x with the required payment (being a book with text), they do receive item x, and the book is correctly taken from the customer inventory. But when the owner checks the inventory and retrieves the book, the book is erased. But, interestingly if i place a book with text in a standard chest, the data is saved upon retrieval.

Lastly, I find the shop a bit confusing and not very user friendly, and it would be nice to for a complete overhaul.
For instance, if I have only 1pc (each) of 4 items to list for sale, it should not take twice as many to actually make a sale. Your mod requires me to place up to 4 items from my inventory, but this is only just to make an image on the shop window, and then it takes another piece of the item to be placed in the inventory, just to sell the 1pc item! That is two pieces that I have to make, just for the exchange of 1pc (my 1pc use case is specific, so that is why 1pc is such a big deal for me).

Also, I had to watch a video on youtube to figure out how to use this mod in the first place, because I was under the impression that the inventory of the listed items was not the inventory box below, but that the inventory for the item/s was where you place the item as shown for sale.

For instance I want to sell a book, well it allows me to place more than one book in one of the 4 slots of the item shop list, but interestingly this its not the inventory? Anyway, it is also confusing for shoppers, they should be able to scan the shop boxes without opening them, only to later see that the inventory is empty. It should be like a real store shelf, if there is no toilet paper for sale, the shelf should be empty. Or at least give the option for external visual feedback, with available quantity would be a plus.

Anyway, this is my first time using the app, and I am sure it works well for others, I had just hoped this mod would resolve a specific use task, so not being able to use it as planned kinda set me off a bit, so sorry that I lambasted a bit.

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

what is the difference between this two:

@gpcf http://git.bananach.space/smartshop.git/ (it seems added support for static and prices)

@AiTechEye https://github.com/AiTechEye/smartshop (it seems only accept via pipeworks the items they sell)

also it seems both needs mail to store items? please can you guys clarify !?

steeeeeven
GitHub: none
IRC: non e
In-game: steeeeeven

by steeeeeven » Post

Could you add a function that allows you to buy as much as you can afford (buy max amount button) because I have to use an auto clicker to buy bulk items ATM.

Really useful and awesome mod btw!

steeeeeven
GitHub: none
IRC: non e
In-game: steeeeeven

by steeeeeven » Post

is this topic dead?

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

steeeeeven wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 20:34
Could you add a function that allows you to buy as much as you can afford (buy max amount button) because I have to use an auto clicker to buy bulk items ATM.

Really useful and awesome mod btw!
steeeeeven wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:23
is this topic dead?

Kind of. The mod is pretty stable and the author hasn't been active on GitHub/minetest since about December last year. Generally for new servers I would recommend flux's smartshop. You may have better luck making a request over flux's GitHub issue section than on the forums. Or there's always DIY..
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

errant

by errant » Post

screenshot_20231008_083109.png
screenshot_20231008_083109.png (716.23 KiB) Viewed 2645 times
screenshot_20231008_082050.png
screenshot_20231008_082050.png (455.56 KiB) Viewed 2645 times
I've been using smartshops like this. I suppose it's more of an exchange listing than a shop. I'm wondering if there could be a potential update or if there is a better mod. Right now each trading pair takes up two of four slots. But also, the graphical appearance of the smartshop communicates an association between the two items of the trading pair. So this might just be a ramble.

Context:
The server has towns where players can visit, and smartshops are often used as "job boards". So if a player visits a town in a deep cave, they can mine ore and trade with the job boards that accept metal for food, wood, or other resources that aren't native to a cave. Likewise, a player that visits a town in a forest can forage and trade with a local job board to acquire metal or anything not found in a forest.

The "mayor" player can go on hiatus, sometimes months. The shops are set up like this so the shop doesn't eventually go out of stock.