This mod adds good-looking, realistic trains to minetest. It introduces rails that make turns of only 30 degrees instead of 90.
Until now are supported:
- tracks and switches, based on angles of 30(!) degrees
- wagons that drive on these rails and collide with nodes in the environment(they need 3x3x3 space)
-> a steam engine (with smoke(using latest dev)!)
-> a regular green wagon
-> a box wagon
-> a subway train
-> engine and wagon for a passenger train (the 'japanese train')
- coupling /discoupling of wagons/trains
- trains can travel through unloaded map chunks (but I don't recommend you to do so unless you have them automated with ATC, watch the movie 'unstoppable', it is really hard to stop a fast moving train, even with fly/fast)
- head-up display for train speed and nice controls when sitting in locomotive
- signals and bumpers
- switches and signals controllable by mesecons
- wagons have an owner, only this owner can destroy or discouple wagons.
- Automatic train control (ATC) (currently only static commands, but these are powerful enough)
- API to add custom wagons
- doors on subway train that can be opened
- locomotives need coal to drive (and water...)
- more types of trains and rails(electric, diesel, maglevs...)
- better textures
- physics for train collisions (conservation of momentum)
(see also the ToDo-list on page 6)
https://github.com/orwell96/advtrains/b ... manual.pdf
- Use the 'track' item to place tracks. In most cases it will adjust rails in the direction you need them.
- use the trackworker tool (doctor who sonic screwdriver) to rotate tracks(right-click) and to change normal rails into switches(left-click)
- to overcome heights you need the ramped rails, place them and you will understand.
- right-click switches to change direction
- place locomotives or wagons by picking the item and placing it on a track.
- right-click a wagon or locomotive to sit onto it.
- drive two trains together and they will connect by right-clicking that green icon that appears.
- punch the red couple icon between wagons to discouple them
For the syntax of ATC commands see atc_commands.txt
Also see the website! (contains screenshots)
A really long train in the station
a steam train
a subway train in an underground station
a subway in a tunnel
Download latest: https://github.com/orwell96/advtrains/r ... trains.zip
(this contains only the files needed to run the mod)
The latest version may contain bugs and should not be used on servers until it has been tested.
Unpack the archive directly into the "mods" directory.
This has changed!
If latest does not work, or if you are looking for a known working version, try this (older) version:
https://github.com/orwell96/advtrains/b ... trains.zip
License of code: LGPL 2.1
License of media: CC-BY-SA 3.0
^^ logo by mbb