[Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.4.3]

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [1.8.3]

by Andrey01 » Post

BirgitLachner wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:
BirgitLachner wrote:Sadly ... I cannot run the mod ...

I took the file with "(this contains only the files needed to run the mod)"

and got the folllowing error

Code: Select all

2017-08-15 21:20:38: ERROR[Server]:  Failed to read advtrains save data from file /home/birgit/.minetest/worlds/Eisenbahnwelt/advtrains: /home/birgit/.minetest/worlds/Eisenbahnwelt/advtrains: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
2017-08-15 21:20:38: ERROR[Server]:  Failed to read advtrains_luaautomation save data from file /home/birgit/.minetest/worlds/Eisenbahnwelt/advtrains_luaautomation: /home/birgit/.minetest/worlds/Eisenbahnwelt/advtrains_luaautomation: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Hmm... why does "advtrains" folder store in worlds directory? It must keeps in mods logically. I doubt much you don`t know it, rather maybe i don`t understand something here...
Hmmm, well, you are right, that is a bit strange. Of cause I know where to put the mod Folders. I started it once again ...

2017-08-16 08:38:10: ERROR[Main]: The following mods could not be found: "advtrains_bboe_1080" "advtrains_db_160" "advtrains_freight_train" "advtrains_rocket" "advtrains_subway_ny" "advtrains_train_1080" "advtrains_transib"
Still missing some mods in the package.
You should use my mod if you want to have more trains made by mbb (you can find it in first post below, there a my github). It must work exactly there.

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Post

Guys ... the package I used is the one, that was labeled as "That is what you need to use this mod. It contains all the needed files." But theere are not those folders in the mod-package.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

BirgitLachner wrote:Guys ... the package I used is the one, that was labeled as "That is what you need to use this mod. It contains all the needed files." But theere are not those folders in the mod-package.
I don`t understand... what do you want to do with the mod concretely? If it does not work, download then standard version of the mod or from my github if you want additional trains. Did you try it?

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Orwell, your rival now is Advanced Carts :) It`s based on your mod. V-rob said that mod is better than Adcanced Trains. But i think you should add these carts here as it`s based on your mod.

orwell
GitHub: orwell96
IRC: orwell96_mt
In-game: orwell

by orwell » Post

BirgitLachner wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:
BirgitLachner wrote:Sadly ... I cannot run the mod ...

I took the file with "(this contains only the files needed to run the mod)"

and got the folllowing error

2017-08-15 21:20:38: ERROR[Server]:  Failed to read advtrains save data from file /home/birgit/.minetest/worlds/Eisenbahnwelt/advtrains: /home/birgit/.minetest/worlds/Eisenbahnwelt/advtrains: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
2017-08-15 21:20:38: ERROR[Server]:  Failed to read advtrains_luaautomation save data from file /home/birgit/.minetest/worlds/Eisenbahnwelt/advtrains_luaautomation: /home/birgit/.minetest/worlds/Eisenbahnwelt/advtrains_luaautomation: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Hmm... why does "advtrains" folder store in worlds directory? It must keeps in mods logically. I doubt much you don`t know it, rather maybe i don`t understand something here...
Hmmm, well, you are right, that is a bit strange. Of cause I know where to put the mod Folders. I started it once again ...

2017-08-16 08:38:10: ERROR[Main]: The following mods could not be found: "advtrains_bboe_1080" "advtrains_db_160" "advtrains_freight_train" "advtrains_rocket" "advtrains_subway_ny" "advtrains_train_1080" "advtrains_transib"
Still missing some mods in the package.
This is all OK. Advtrains just complains that it can't load its save files.
Advtrains can't store all required data in the world database. So it saves some data to save files in the world directory. When a world is started, Advtrains tries to load its data from there.
When you just enabled the mod on the world, these save files do not exist, so it obviously can't load them. So it complains and falls back to empty data. There are only warnings, no errors, and after a few seconds, the files are automatically created.
So you don't need to worry about these warnings at all.
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...

mbb
GitHub: mbruchert
IRC: mBb
In-game: MBB

by mbb » Post

cdb_2fcfab1b41f9

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

whoo, only that? :P
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Nice, mbb! I will update my github with your new trains! Hmm... i saw herenew trains as sleeping wagon and electric engine that were not in your screenshot. Btw, can you add these trains in your mbblp github?

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

Andrey01 wrote:Orwell, your rival now is Advanced Carts :) It`s based on your mod. V-rob said that mod is better than Adcanced Trains. But i think you should add these carts here as it`s based on your mod.
What?! I never said that it was better! It's meant as an alternative. But I suppose it could be merged as long as all nodes/objects (tracks, signals, , and any other nodes) are removed from the main mod and into another mod in the modpack.

Also, you can't use multiple types of tracks together. The first type placed down will work, and the rest will not (will not connect to each other and trains won't work on them). So this is not feasible at the moment.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

Andrey01 wrote:Orwell, your rival now is Advanced Carts :) It`s based on your mod. V-rob said that mod is better than Adcanced Trains. But i think you should add these carts here as it`s based on your mod.
What?! I never said that it was better! It's meant as an alternative. But I suppose it could be merged as long as all nodes/objects (tracks, signals, , and any other nodes) are removed from the main mod and into another mod in the modpack.

Also, you can't use multiple types of tracks together. The first type placed down will work, and the rest will not (will not connect to each other and trains won't work on them). So this is not feasible at the moment.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

you double posted :)
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

fireglow
IRC: fireglow
In-game: fireglow

by fireglow » Post

Hi,
I'm on commit 6ddf3fed14ec98b1a318c88e32be62f802eb5a74, "Repack for gpcf's PR", which is the latest at the moment.

On my server a couple of users are complaining that their Lua code in luaautomation ATC rails is gone.
The node reads: "LuaAutomation component, invalid environment set!"
The luarails had envs other than "default", these envs are also gone.
All the envs are gone, there is just default left.

What could have deleted all the envs, and also cleared all the luarails of the parameters?

I get this when starting the map:
2017-08-23 17:21:20: ACTION[Server]: [advtrains]Node Database: (-191,16,78) was not found in the database, have you used worldedit?
Related?

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:you double posted :)
I hate it when that happens.

orwell

by orwell » Post

fireglow wrote:Hi,
I'm on commit 6ddf3fed14ec98b1a318c88e32be62f802eb5a74, "Repack for gpcf's PR", which is the latest at the moment.

On my server a couple of users are complaining that their Lua code in luaautomation ATC rails is gone.

What could have deleted all the envs, and also cleared all the luarails of the parameters?

2017-08-23 17:21:20: ACTION[Server]: [advtrains]Node Database: (-191,16,78) was not found in the database, have you used worldedit?
Related?
Advtrains creates 2 files in the world directory:
advtrains
advtrains_ndb2
These (or at least the "advtrains" file) must have been deleted.
Lua is great!
List of my mods

fireglow
IRC: fireglow
In-game: fireglow

by fireglow » Post

orwell wrote:

Related?
advtrains
advtrains_ndb2
OK, I have restored these files from a snapshot a week ago, and the envs returned.
However, they were not deleted.
We think it might have been some possibly faulty Lua code, or some function that caused high CPU load at least. I'm told something with interrupts was put in place, and it caused these issues.

Another matter, I also have advtrains_ndb, a file that hasn't been altered since February 2017, can I delete this?
What about the advtrains_luaautomation file?

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

orwell wrote:

Related?
advtrains
advtrains_ndb2
Orwell, when I made the second set of rails in the advcarts mod (the copper rails), this problem occurred. The first type placed down works, but the second type of track placed down does not appear in the node database, you can't place anything on it, and the tracks do not connect.

Try it with advtrains. Make one train run on regular (depreciated) rails instead of default. Now place down some default rails in a test world. Place a train on it. Now place down some depreciated rail. It does not connect and the train that should run on it will not run on it. If you make a new world and try it with the depreciated rail first, then the default rail will not work.

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Post

@all ... okay, the warnign was irritating, but it was working now. After building a train there wasn't any warning any more.

christoferlevich
GitHub: ChristoferL

by christoferlevich » Post

I just wanted to note I had to stop using this on my server. It appears to have created a lot of lag which was showing up in long delays in map rendering. It may be a conflict with another mod but I don't have time to troubleshoot it as I start classes this wednesday. I look forward to a more stable version with awe and wonder!
everything can be a learning experience...

orwell

by orwell » Post

advtrains_ndb is no longer required, this was the old track database
advtrains_luaautomation: I think it's not required anymore too, I remember that I merged it into the main save file, but I'm not sure.
Lua is great!
List of my mods

Cage

by Cage » Post

Orwell really like you train mod and have a question and bug report. The question is about the load/unloading track. Can you explain how they are supposed to work? The bug seems to be with building the rail system. If a train is already on some track and you add new tracks the train will not run over the new rail. The new rail is not recognized and the train thinks it's at the end of the laid rail thus it stops the train like there is no rails beyond that point. You have to remove the train and create a new one to use the new rail. Thanks again for the great mod for minetest.

gpcf
GitHub: gpcf
In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Post

try to use the /at_reroute command and see if the trains still get stuck. Maybe that helps.

Cage

by Cage » Post

Thanks gpcf that did the trick. Experimented with a track segment put a train on it then added more track. The train stopped as normal at the extension of the track, but after using that command the train travelled on.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

You shouldn't include releases in git repositories. Git repositories are only for source code, you should use GitHub's release feature instead to host the zips.

You should also get straight to the mod packs content in the mod's root. Minetest doesn't support nested modpacks, so it's best to do this. Means you can develop the modpack without having to symlink or copy files.

These both make it possible to use git to update the mod for end users
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

I've fixed this in my fork:

https://github.com/rubenwardy/advtrains

make tarball still produces the same output, as I've corrected it to exclude the assets folder.

To upload the zip, go to the github repo, click releases, click make a release, fill out info, upload zip file.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

gpcf
GitHub: gpcf
In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Post

Several things have happened in the last month or so. The lua system is now stable enough for continuous subway operation without trains getting stuck, and subway trains now display the line number on the outside.

Attachments
screenshot_20171023_144455.png
screenshot_20171023_144455.png (479.18 KiB) Viewed 620 times