[Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.1.0]

Codesound

Imk

In-game: Imk

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.0.1 TSS]

by Imk » Fri Nov 08, 2019 13:57

by Codesound » Thu Nov 07, 2019 21:27
@Orwell, Hi,

it is possible to fix this visualization problem?

I have a problem with that, too.

and with the boat, horses as well.
+ Spoiler

Maybe you know why this happens?
3d_armor installation field appeared.
Our character visually failed lower than we were physically
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21514

They advised to update 3d armor the error disappeared but appeared as on the screen
If you ride a horse, the train will also be a block higher
3d armor updated Sun Dec 02, 2018 20:38 link https://github.com/stujones11/minetest- ... _0.5.0-dev and no longer changed

That's not the problem mods Advanced Trains .

Maybe we should create a new theme
with these questions. I also want to find a solution.

gpcf

In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Fri Nov 08, 2019 18:29

that is the fix of the broken attachment in 0.4.... It needs a bugfix for the workaround around the broken attachment.... It will surely be done once Linuxworks is on 5.0

Miniontoby

In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Fri Nov 08, 2019 18:41

I have the opposit of that problem.

I mean that I walk in a block and all the things you have in a block
My English isn't very good because I'm Dutch ---- Check my mod "Doorbell"

Imk

by Imk » Fri Nov 08, 2019 20:06

gpcf wrote:that is the fix of the broken attachment in 0.4.... It needs a bugfix for the workaround around the broken attachment.... It will surely be done once Linuxworks is on 5.0

version 5.2.0-dev-0df646e-dirty

orwell

GitHub: orwell96
IRC: orwell96_mt
In-game: orwell

by orwell » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:18

Imk wrote:Help all
Tell me what to do.
I want privacy two blocks below the rail.

/home/imk/minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains
settingtypes.txt
Code: Select all
#    Track protection range (down)
#    Players without the 'track_builder' privilege can not build within a box around any tracks determined by these range settings
#    This setting determines the lower y bound of the box, a value of 1 means that the rail and 1 node below it are protected 
advtrains_prot_range_down (Track protection range [down]) int 1 0 10

int 1 0 10

int 2 0 10 it doesn't work out.

У меня под рельсами гравий и если обычные игроки капают блок ниже гравия он осыпается с приват и падает рельса. Помогите правильно поставить приват на 2 блока ниже рельс.

No. Do not change this file. settingtypes.txt contains information on what settings exist and what type they are. Their actual value is set in minetest.conf.
What you need to do is either
- go to the "Advanced Settings" menu, under "Mods" find "advtrains" and set "Track protection range [down]" to 2
or
- open your minetest.conf and add "advtrains_prot_range_down = 2"
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...

orwell

by orwell » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:22

gpcf wrote:that is the fix of the broken attachment in 0.4.... It needs a bugfix for the workaround around the broken attachment.... It will surely be done once Linuxworks is on 5.0

I imagine there even was a branch for it:
http://git.bananach.space/advtrains.git ... =mt5-fixes
Lua is great!
List of my mods

Imk

by Imk » Mon Nov 11, 2019 17:37

orwell wrote: - open your minetest.conf and add "advtrains_prot_range_down = 2"

Orwell Thank you. Everything's fine now!

Attachments
screenshot_20191111_192649.jpg
(101.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Heraclitus

by Heraclitus » Sat Nov 30, 2019 18:33

First, thank you so much for this amazing mod. I've been experimenting with it over the past few months, finally took the time to figure out interlocking (with the help of the great video tutorial recently posted), and this mod is absolutely fantastic.

I have one question: is there any convenient way to adjust the distance subway trains can be heard from? Or even the volume? I have begun building stations through an existing city (and now have an appreciation for the challenges real-world subway designers have when digging through an old city with its pre-existing underground structures). And perhaps the distance that trains can be heard from makes sense if you are in the direct line of sight from them.

But since Minetest doesn't test for barriers when playing sounds (as I understand it), the subway trains end up producing rather loud noise on the surface even when they are quite far underground and completely hidden from view. Is there any way of adjusting this or at least making the volume decrease with distance in a more realistic way? If not, unless I'm missing something, my choices seem to be to live with loud subway noises everywhere in the city or else place the subways many, many stories underground.

Is there any sort of suggested workaround? Thanks so much.

h-v-smacker

GitHub: h-v-smacker
In-game: Smacker

by h-v-smacker » Sat Nov 30, 2019 22:32

Heraclitus wrote:First, thank you so much for this amazing mod. I've been experimenting with it over the past few months, finally took the time to figure out interlocking (with the help of the great video tutorial recently posted), and this mod is absolutely fantastic.

I have one question: is there any convenient way to adjust the distance subway trains can be heard from? Or even the volume? I have begun building stations through an existing city (and now have an appreciation for the challenges real-world subway designers have when digging through an old city with its pre-existing underground structures). And perhaps the distance that trains can be heard from makes sense if you are in the direct line of sight from them.

But since Minetest doesn't test for barriers when playing sounds (as I understand it), the subway trains end up producing rather loud noise on the surface even when they are quite far underground and completely hidden from view. Is there any way of adjusting this or at least making the volume decrease with distance in a more realistic way? If not, unless I'm missing something, my choices seem to be to live with loud subway noises everywhere in the city or else place the subways many, many stories underground.

Is there any sort of suggested workaround? Thanks so much.

You can always use the silent bullet trains )))
Linux Forks, the Best Forks: linux-forks.de // Play @ LinuxWorks Next Generation

Heraclitus

by Heraclitus » Mon Dec 02, 2019 03:41

I might consider them, if I could craft them. I'd have to come up with crafting recipes. I tend to operate in a purely survival world (it's the way I've been playing with my son for years, and we appreciate the challenge of limited resources). I've already had to bend the rules a bit to get automated trains working, as many things in this mod don't have crafting recipes.

But I understand that those seem to be a low priority for many folks who just build in creative, so I wasn't originally going to mention that. It is another feature that would be on my personal wishlist.

Anyhow, I know you were joking a bit. I do like the subway train sounds. It's just odd to have them sounding loudly through 20 meters of solid rock between the train and the surface.

Imk

by Imk » Mon Dec 02, 2019 23:54

2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'advtrains_train_track' in callback node_on_dig(): ...etest/bin/../mods/advtrains/advtrains/occupation.lua:222: attempt to index local 'train' (a nil value)
2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]:       ...etest/bin/../mods/advtrains/advtrains/occupation.lua:222: in function 'get_trains_at'
2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]:       ...etest/bin/../mods/advtrains/advtrains/trainlogic.lua:1114: in function 'get_train_at_pos'
2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]:       .../minetest/bin/../mods/advtrains/advtrains/tracks.lua:281: in function 'can_dig'
2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]:       /home/imk/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:542: in function </home/imk/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:537>
2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]:       (tail call): ?

orwell

by orwell » Tue Dec 03, 2019 07:26

Heraclitus wrote:

I might consider them, if I could craft them. I'd have to come up with crafting recipes. I tend to operate in a purely survival world (it's the way I've been playing with my son for years, and we appreciate the challenge of limited resources). I've already had to bend the rules a bit to get automated trains working, as many things in this mod don't have crafting recipes.

But I understand that those seem to be a low priority for many folks who just build in creative, so I wasn't originally going to mention that. It is another feature that would be on my personal wishlist.

Anyhow, I know you were joking a bit. I do like the subway train sounds. It's just odd to have them sounding loudly through 20 meters of solid rock between the train and the surface.

Right, MT doesn't really test for barriers when playing sounds. To make the sounds realistic, major effort would have to be spent. Additionally, I would like to make the sound calculations client-side since the server is already heavily loaded on multiplayer servers doing the train movement calculations.

I don't really see a way to have the sound played realistically except by calculating them individually per player.
Lua is great!
List of my mods

orwell

by orwell » Tue Dec 03, 2019 07:58

Imk wrote:
2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'advtrains_train_track' in callback node_on_dig(): ...etest/bin/../mods/advtrains/advtrains/occupation.lua:222: attempt to index local 'train' (a nil value)
2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]:       ...etest/bin/../mods/advtrains/advtrains/occupation.lua:222: in function 'get_trains_at'
2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]:       ...etest/bin/../mods/advtrains/advtrains/trainlogic.lua:1114: in function 'get_train_at_pos'
2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]:       .../minetest/bin/../mods/advtrains/advtrains/tracks.lua:281: in function 'can_dig'
2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]:       /home/imk/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:542: in function </home/imk/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:537>
2019-12-03 02:48:58: ERROR[Main]:       (tail call): ?

Hm, this must have happened right after a train was deleted from that position. Does this appear often? If not, a server restart always fixes this.
Lua is great!
List of my mods

gpcf

In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Tue Dec 03, 2019 13:04

orwell wrote:I don't really see a way to have the sound played realistically except by calculating them individually per player.

Exactly. The missing Doppler effect really ruins the train sounds. This is a major oversight in the minetest engine, which is excusable since all the entities they had in mind originally were low-speed where the effect is barely noticeable.

Imk

by Imk » Wed Dec 04, 2019 03:08

Does this appear often?

no
I realized one thing. You can't mark a traffic light if the rails uphill.
you can't go any further.
doesn't even help disabling the tags
traffic light removal, too.
the train doesn't want to go any further than that, as if it remembered there was a mark

didn't help setting a tag in another revenge
removed the rails ascent
tore down the mountain.
made the rails straight
the train didn't want to drive by the old non-existent marker.
disassembling the rails unfortunate place
got the server crash by the mistake viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14726&p=362765#p362673
reloaded
and the evil marker is missing.
rebuilt the slope
Everything's working properly now.
Don't mark traffic lights the slopes!
Attachments
screenshot_20191204_051240.jpg
(273.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet

h-v-smacker

GitHub: h-v-smacker
In-game: Smacker

by h-v-smacker » Wed Dec 04, 2019 19:04

I have many signal marks on the slopes. They work.

Why wouldn't it work? (a) the mark was for a signal attached to the wrong side of the TCB or (b) the new tracks weren't registered by the game or train yet.

How does (a) happen?

Consider this scheme: ========A|B=(:)=====[<—]=======[<<<][<<<][<<<]=====

You want to use the signal (:) to control the train [<<<]. You need the signal to reflect the state of the segment A. But you attach it by accident to B. So it's always red then, because B is occupied by any oncoming train.

How does (b) happen? When you build tracks in front of a train, mostly. /at_reroute and /at_sync_ndb will help to refresh the track system.
Linux Forks, the Best Forks: linux-forks.de // Play @ LinuxWorks Next Generation

orwell

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.1.0]

by orwell » Thu Dec 05, 2019 09:40

Hi,
just noticed that I haven't updated the content db version for ages...

advtrains 2.1.0 released

There are no major new features, but a couple of small changes, additions and fixes which I don't want to summarize now. Have a look at the commit log if interested.

Notable: The packaged version contains the mt5-fixes branch and so is tagged for 5.0+. This doesn't mean that advtrains has dropped support for 0.4. It still works perfectly using the master branch downloadable from bananach.space
Lua is great!
List of my mods

Imk

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.1.0]

by Imk » Thu Dec 05, 2019 22:06

mt5-fixes updated and the head isn't sticking out :)

Thank you.
Attachments
screenshot_20191205_235856.jpg
(199.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Previous

Return to Mod Releases