[Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.4.3]

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [1.11]

by Andrey01 » Post

Codesound wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:CodeSound, it seems does Advtrains mod work wrong from my github repo? Kinda, i uploaded all the folders and files correctly to the repo...
Hi,

thanks for reply.

I use the "Advanced Trains [advtrains] [1.11]" version, but these problems are identical with the "Advanced-Trains-Optinal-Additional-"

I have prepared a video that show what happens when I restart Minetest for 3 times: but these problems are there even without restarting it... I simply download, unzip, placed in the mods folder and activate (....) I create one new v7 level but in this video you see my problems (you see also the power line above the train...).... I am going crazy for understand why....

PS: in the video I use the latest version of Minetest in develop (0.5.n) but the problems are identical in 0.4.16.

http://sendvid.com/b5oikzmj

please help me....

R
Probably it`s a error in the mod engine itself. The mod uses pretty old version (1.8.8) on my github repo. I will try to update soon. Advanced-Trains-Optinal-Additions works identically Advtrains mod. What did Orwell answer you?

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Can`t set an train on the rails, it reports continuously me about something errors that display on the screen (see in the chat at screenshot).

Last edited by Andrey01 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Andrey01 wrote:
Codesound wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:CodeSound, it seems does Advtrains mod work wrong from my github repo? Kinda, i uploaded all the folders and files correctly to the repo...
Hi,

thanks for reply.

I use the "Advanced Trains [advtrains] [1.11]" version, but these problems are identical with the "Advanced-Trains-Optinal-Additional-"

I have prepared a video that show what happens when I restart Minetest for 3 times: but these problems are there even without restarting it... I simply download, unzip, placed in the mods folder and activate (....) I create one new v7 level but in this video you see my problems (you see also the power line above the train...).... I am going crazy for understand why....

PS: in the video I use the latest version of Minetest in develop (0.5.n) but the problems are identical in 0.4.16.

http://sendvid.com/b5oikzmj

please help me....

R
Probably it`s a error in the mod engine itself. The mod uses pretty old version (1.8.8) on my github repo. I will try to update soon. Advanced-Trains-Optinal-Additions works identically Advtrains mod. What did Orwell answer you?
Hi, thanks for reply....

God bless you..... I was convinced that I was wrong anything....
What did Orwell answer you?
I think Orwell is busy right now ... He'll probably answer tomorrow or in a few days ...
Can`t set an train on the rails, it reports continuously me about something errors that display on the screen (see in the chat at screenshot).
frequently happens to me...

thanks again for all your work!!

R

Mikola
GitHub: Mikola314
In-game: mikola

by Mikola » Post

mbb wrote:
Mikola wrote:
mbb wrote:Image
Please share the mod for such a beautiful sky on the background.
it is the skybox mod

download it and tip /skybox 1-6 in the chat
Thank you.

mbb
GitHub: mbruchert
IRC: mBb
In-game: MBB

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [1.0]

by mbb » Post

orwell wrote: I will make tram rails that integrate into all infrastructure mods out there.
lol
cdb_2fcfab1b41f9

gpcf
GitHub: gpcf
In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Post

Andrey01: please update advtrains to the newest git version. That bug has been fixed.

mbb

by mbb » Post

cdb_2fcfab1b41f9

mbb

by mbb » Post

**NEWS**

I implemented some sounds for the steam engine
cdb_2fcfab1b41f9

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

gpcf wrote:Andrey01: please update advtrains to the newest git version. That bug has been fixed.
Here i`m waiting a reply from orwell:

https://github.com/Andrey2470T/Advanced ... -/issues/1

I don`t know how to update the mod completely in my repository as i don`t know how many changes were officially implemented after my last commits there. I know only some sounds are added and that`s all. But some changes were done with API by orwell. That`s why i don`t know what files/folders pertain to the updating.

user
In-game: user

by user » Post

Hi,

it is possible to make a wagon with an autocrafter inside? Or a furnace?
I want to build a train (the german word is "Bauzug").
I ask because I'm not a lua-coder but I have this idea and I think many other would like this.

What is the function of the "loading track" ?
Please not answer with "Its loading things into trains".

best regards
user

gpcf

by gpcf » Post

The loading track is used to load things onto trains, from a chest placed below the track.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

*user commits suicide*
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

user
In-game: user

by user » Post

Hi,

thanks for answer, but it is not really helpful.

I build a track like this:
Bildschirmfoto zu 2017-12-15 07-33-35.png
Bildschirmfoto zu 2017-12-15 07-33-35.png (473.38 KiB) Viewed 758 times
and i get messages and errors like this:
Bildschirmfoto zu 2017-12-15 07-35-18.png
Bildschirmfoto zu 2017-12-15 07-35-18.png (600.17 KiB) Viewed 758 times
minetest is 0.4.16
I hope you can help.

best regards

user

orwell
GitHub: orwell96
IRC: orwell96_mt
In-game: orwell

by orwell » Post

user wrote:Hi,

it is possible to make a wagon with an autocrafter inside? Or a furnace?
I want to build a train (the german word is "Bauzug").
I ask because I'm not a lua-coder but I have this idea and I think many other would like this.

What is the function of the "loading track" ?
Please not answer with "Its loading things into trains".

best regards
user
Good idea actually
written to github issues

on the loading tracks: i'll investigate the error
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Andrey01 wrote:Can`t set an train on the rails, it reports continuously me about something errors that display on the screen (see in the chat at screenshot).

Orwell, what to do me with this error? It works as bad as before.

DoogMitt
IRC: Doog

by DoogMitt » Post

Andrey01 wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:Can`t set an train on the rails, it reports continuously me about something errors that display on the screen (see in the chat at screenshot).

I could be mistaken, but the train engine and cars seem to need a footprint of 3x3 nodes. When placing parallels I never put the rails closer than 3 nodes something like this (gravel, rail, gravel, stone, gravel, rail, gravel). Have never used platform nodes as they seem a bit obstructive. There may need to be more distance while turning corners in parallel, but I have not tested this. Perhaps give that a try and see if the errors go away.

Something like: platform, stone, rail, stone, stone, stone, rail, stone, platform

In keeping with your decor. Looks good btw. :)

DoogMitt

by DoogMitt » Post

And for the real reason I logged in. Finished a 4.5k node loop and putting on the finishing touches. To simplify some of the tracks, I've used detector rails to automate passage from one rail onto the next. The idea is to manually change track to travel off the main loop and to lay the track out in a manner to automatically return to the loop to continue the route. (Unless the tracks are manually chosen to travel a different pattern.) All works as it should unless travelling in reverse through an automated switch. Here's a screenshot of the uh-oh moment:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aNXNpC ... sp=sharing

So either I have to change direction or get off and manually operate the switch to continue. Here's a screenshot of getting off after the uh-oh to inspect and decide next step showing the detector, switch and override placement:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SHhjGE ... sp=sharing

So, I went back to hq to hash things out and come up with a way in game to circumvent such things. This is a screenshot of a delay array which gives me just a little more time to finish transitionaing from one rail to the next before the switch disengages:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Di8G1V ... sp=sharing

That's two delays and a diode added to the detector switch.

That was the scenerio, now for the question. Here is what looks to be the section of lua code which returns the rail from on to off state as the train leaves the detector node:

---cut---
advtrains = {
on_train_leave=function(pos, train_id)
advtrains.ndb.swap_node(pos, {name="advtrains:dtrack_detector_off".."_"..suffix..rotation, param2=advtrains.ndb.get_node(pos).param2})
mesecon.receptor_off(pos, advtrains.meseconrules)
end
}
---cut---

Would it be possible to add a small delay in transition before the detector node switches off? A second should be more than enough as long as the train isn't creeping and would simplify the layout. Wouldn't it be funny if I was the only person in the world who ever ran into this. Lol!!! What a goof. 8O Have fun!!

Doog

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

DoogMitt, hmm, strangely i could set the trains on this railroad before. When i have installed latest version of the mod i can`t do it.

DoogMitt

by DoogMitt » Post

Andrey01 wrote:DoogMitt, hmm, strangely i could set the trains on this railroad before. When i have installed latest version of the mod i can`t do it.
Yeah, early on I think they had the standards set rather easy. But as they try to make things more realistic-ish they seem to keep tightening those thumb screws. A real kick in the pants for me came when the box car inventory was cut in half. Had to re-arrange the tracks to accomodate for a train twice the length. Is all good though. As many things as they change, the general thrust of this mod does seem to get better over time. There's no knowing, a year from now we'll probably have to change all the tracks again for some other major upgrade. Lol!! Ooohhh... Like double box cars that are 8 nodes long... And then they can have 48 stacks per box car again!! 8O I like it! 8D

Doog fades into the distance bouncing off doors and walls dreaming in his stupid little head.

Peace :)

Mikola
GitHub: Mikola314
In-game: mikola

by Mikola » Post

Lately in the comments was announced a lot of screenshots with new models and new textures. When will they be added in the main branch of the mod or in distribution from mbb's?

orwell

by orwell » Post

Andrey01 wrote:

It's definitely not the footprint.
I have added a commit that implements an additional check, so that the error should no longer appear. However, i need to investigate where this error comes from.
Lua is great!
List of my mods

orwell

by orwell » Post

user wrote:Hi,

thanks for answer, but it is not really helpful.

I build a track like this:
Bildschirmfoto zu 2017-12-15 07-33-35.png
and i get messages and errors like this:
Bildschirmfoto zu 2017-12-15 07-35-18.png
minetest is 0.4.16
I hope you can help.

best regards

user
Ah.
GABRIEL?!
When you split the rails from the core mod, you didnt move the train_load function along...
loading.lua needs to go into advtrains_train_track and get included properly.
I don't have access to my computer right now, i'll fix it tomorrow in the evening...
Lua is great!
List of my mods

gpcf

by gpcf » Post

Fixed on github.

orwell

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [1.12]

by orwell » Post

Rewrote large parts of the rail connection system (see commit message for more details)
- Might cause problems that i'm unaware of yet
- /at_sync_ndb and off-track trains no longer spam the chat
- trackplacer finally works with switches
- side effect: trains can now also pass a switch from the 'wrong' branch, however, when reversing, they go back where they came from, i'm still thinking how to solve this best. Workaround is to right-click the switch twice
- fix loading rails (with gabriel (sorry, i forgot to add you in the commit message))
- new (yet undocumented) feature: right-clicking rail with track worker while holding aux1 will rotate rail by 180°
Lua is great!
List of my mods

Codesound

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [1.12]

by Codesound » Post

orwell wrote:1.12
Rewrote large parts of the rail connection system (see commit message for more details)
- Might cause problems that i'm unaware of yet
- /at_sync_ndb and off-track trains no longer spam the chat
- trackplacer finally works with switches
- side effect: trains can now also pass a switch from the 'wrong' branch, however, when reversing, they go back where they came from, i'm still thinking how to solve this best. Workaround is to right-click the switch twice
- fix loading rails (with gabriel (sorry, i forgot to add you in the commit message))
- new (yet undocumented) feature: right-clicking rail with track worker while holding aux1 will rotate rail by 180°
Hi,

Thanks now I download and try. I'll let you know...

R