[Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.4.3]

W3RQ01
GitHub: W3RQ01
In-game: Dario23 or W3RQ01

Advtrains Supplemental organisation

by W3RQ01 » Post

Hi everyone!

I want to announce that the Advtrains Supplemental organisation has been created and the current active contributors have been invited. At the moment there are just some of the repositories that the group will hold. I am currently in charge of adding new repos, most of them are mirrors.

Link: https://notabug.org/advtrains_supplemental

Also @orwell96 I want to let you know that I'm making good progresses with the new website.
OneUnitedPower

yw05
GitHub: y5nw
IRC: y5nw
In-game: ywang

Re: Advtrains Supplemental organisation

by yw05 » Post

W3RQ01 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 16:45
Also @orwell96 I want to let you know that I'm making good progresses with the new website.
Could you put this on a repo? I would like to use it for the doc branch as well.

W3RQ01

Re: Advtrains Supplemental organisation

by W3RQ01 » Post

yw05 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 17:27
W3RQ01 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 16:45
Could you put this on a repo? I would like to use it for the doc branch as well.
When i'll finish it and it will be approved for sure!
OneUnitedPower

mtvisitor
IRC: mtvisitor
In-game: mtvisitor

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.4.1]

by mtvisitor » Post

Is there any game server which I could try to use and test this mod ?

Thank you very much for your help.
Crane Zhou | My mt. world, my mt. dream | No money, no happy.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

mtvisitor wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:02

1. VanessaE's traintable server: Creative mode, gives advtrains privileges to all players.
  2. LinuxForks server: Biggest and best railway network. A moderator must be online to let you join. yw05 is a moderator who speaks Chinese. Privileges are given by gaining trust.
  3. Tunneler's Abyss server: I haven't played there but Hume2 is pretty good with advtrains.
  4. PandoraBox server: Decent technology & "outer space" theme server but trains are not that good. Active staff, can earn privileges.
There are other servers but these are the ones I would recommend. There are also servers for French, German and Russians and some other languages but I haven't tried, I only speak English.
Last edited by Blockhead on Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

mtvisitor wrote:

LinuxForks is the best, it has the larger railway network
OneUnitedPower

mtvisitor

by mtvisitor » Post

I will try to play on VanessaE and LinuxForks game server to evaluate advtrain mod generally.

Thank you very much for your quick answers. 🤝

W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

I suggest you to visit LinuxForks as it is in survival and you do not have train privileges, you can learn without creating problems. Also LF is the server where orwell96 (creator of this mod) sometimes plays
OneUnitedPower

yw05

by yw05 » Post

mtvisitor wrote:

I would suggest singleplayer mode. The servers that are mentioned are useful if you want to look at what you can do with Advtrains or if you have some questions (Pandorabox and LinuxForks have some players that are experienced with Advtrains, especially the latter), but you likely need to play in singleplayer to get an idea of how certain things are implemented (and to test Advtrains yourself), as it is not easy to get train-related privileges for safety reasons.

56independent_actual
IRC: independent56
In-game: 56independent

by 56independent_actual » Post

💥🚄
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:26, edited 2 times in total.
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

mtvisitor

by mtvisitor » Post

yw05 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 16:29
mtvisitor wrote:

I would suggest singleplayer mode. The servers that are mentioned are useful if you want to look at what you can do with Advtrains or if you have some questions (Pandorabox and LinuxForks have some players that are experienced with Advtrains, especially the latter), but you likely need to play in singleplayer to get an idea of how certain things are implemented (and to test Advtrains yourself), as it is not easy to get train-related privileges for safety reasons.
I will evaluate the Advtrains mod in singleplayer mode during the weekend or in some of my spare time.
But I will also try to have a look on some game server(s) later which the Advtrains mod was implemented. (generally and legally)

Thank you very much for your help and suggestion(s).

Best Regards,

Crane Zhou (saturday afternoon)

yw05

by yw05 » Post

mtvisitor wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 04:26
I will evaluate the Advtrains mod in singleplayer mode during the weekend or in some of my spare time.
But I will also try to have a look on some game server(s) later which the Advtrains mod was implemented. (generally and legally)
By the way, since Chinese Wikipedia does not provide information on German signals (provided by the Ks signal mod), I wrote a page on this topic on the Advtrains wiki.

56independent_actual

💥🚄
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

56independent_actual

💥🚄
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:27, edited 6 times in total.

yw05

by yw05 » Post

56independent_actual wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 20:34
W3RQ01 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:24
This is blatant patriot propoganda for a censored server. "is best" is subjective and the size of a railway network does not imply the sanity of leaders; see China or Russia for an example.

What i have found to be the best is TA, which, as soon as you get used to the texture pack, is a welcoming and lively community with some of their own mods and train guidelines. It was formed by migrants from LF, so maintains some practices. Think of Japan; less high-speed lines, more better government.
Any server-related information not relevant to Advtrains does not belong here. Period.
Sat Nov 12, 2022 20:39
yw05 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:37
I wrote a page on this topic on the Advtrains wiki.
Ah yes, i see. It's "maintanance hell" when i do it but "A substitute for Wikipedia" when you do it. Enjoy burning in the flames of hell you inflicted on yourself.
How about this: considering the Internet censorship in China, I will put that page to Chinese Wikipedia if you provide every current and potentially future Chinese Minetest user with a gratis VPN service such that
  • They can access Chinese Wikipedia without censorship
  • They and the people they know in any way will never, neither de jure nor de facto, be held responsible for using the VPN service
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

In terms of the content itself, most of the information I wrote there is related to signaling in Germany in general, so there is not much that can become factually inaccurate in the future unless the signal book gets updated significantly. I could put this information on Wikipedia, obviously, but I am also likely to be one of the few to maintain it there, so it's effectively a matter of whether to spend time maintaining a page on the Advtrains wiki or on Chinese Wikipedia.
You should look into translation work on Wikipedia.
I do not have much interest in translation work in comparison to other things.

On a less relevant note and as I did read part of your user page, being a native speaker does not imply having a C2 language skill.

56independent_actual

💥🚄
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:27, edited 4 times in total.

yw05

by yw05 » Post

Sat Nov 12, 2022 21:46
But i guess it's harder for you because you have to paraphrase a bit, write the characters, scan them, convert it into pinyin, write it on the keyboard, convert it into symbols, copy and paste, and various other things.
I expect proper research on this topic before writing.
The Advtrains wiki is a lot more liberal in standards, so liberal that the newsletter, which would be banned from Wikipedia generally, is allowed, even in an almost-sloppy Spanish translation taken mostly from grammar knowledge, a online dictionary for phrases i did not know, and thoughts made with inconsistent verb conjugation and tiddlywiki conversion errors.
Making standards more liberal does not significantly shorten maintenance time for the same amount of information. After all, it becomes more a matter of where to host certain information instead of whether to host this information.

56independent_actual

💥🚄
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

W3RQ01 wrote:
This is blatant patriot propoganda for a censored server. "is best" is subjective and the size of a railway network does not imply the sanity of leaders; see China or Russia for an example.

What i have found to be the best is TA, which, as soon as you get used to the texture pack, is a welcoming and lively community with some of their own mods and train guidelines. It was formed by migrants from LF, so maintains some practices. Think of Japan; less high-speed lines, more better government.
No it's not blatant propaganda, it's my personal opinion. I've tried TA and i didn't find it very lively as you say. Also i'm not saying that other advtrains servers are not good but LF stands out as it is the oldest and somewhat the "official server of advtrains" as basically all the developers play there. 56i, I do not know the entire story of why you hate LF and its community but you should learn to controle yourself and you should learn to respect evryone. Period.
OneUnitedPower

yw05

by yw05 » Post

W3RQ01 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 06:13
W3RQ01 wrote:

No it's not blatant propaganda, it's my personal opinion. I've tried TA and i didn't find it very lively as you say. Also i'm not saying that other advtrains servers are not good but LF stands out as it is the oldest and somewhat the "official server of advtrains" as basically all the developers play there. 56i, I do not know the entire story of why you hate LF and its community but you should learn to controle yourself and you should learn to respect evryone. Period.
Please avoid inciting further drama.

Some people working on Advtrains also play on other servers, but at this point I would not go into saying which servers exactly, considering how this thread went.

56independent_actual

💥🚄
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

Anyway aside from this:

In the last conference i assumed the role of maintainer of all the mods made by MBB posted on github. I migrated them on notabug under my profile. I plan to make some small changes on some of them. Atm some are already aviable on the advtrains supplemental organisation.

Any request? Any idea on how to improve them?
OneUnitedPower

W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

Anyway aside from this:

In the last conference i assumed the role of maintainer of all the mods made by MBB posted on github. I migrated them on notabug under my profile. I plan to make some small changes on some of them. Atm some are already aviable on the advtrains supplemental organisation.

OneUnitedPower

yw05

by yw05 » Post

W3RQ01 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:05

The NY subway wagon might benefit from doxy's line number displays, and that could be extended to some other wagons as well (you would likely need to change the model though if you want to make the display a bit more realistic). Other than that, support for liveries could be improved. I can't think of other things at the moment.

56independent_actual

💥🚄
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:31, edited 1 time in total.