yw05
GitHub: y5nw
IRC: y5nw
In-game: ywang

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.3.1]

by yw05 » Post

56independent_actual wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 19:39
I often find this when routes are perfectly settable, but they don't get set. This error is far too general for me to file a bug report with any success of solving it. I think it has something to do about server restarts, but I do not have enough information to come to this conclusion.
I assume you mean "settable" by "can be set at the particular moment", and I suppose you have checked it by actually clicking "set route".

I forgot that you might need to check the signal influence point, but if the routes sometimes get set then it should not be a problem.

Otherwise you should just file a bug report (do not think what might be happening, explain what is happening), or you might need to explain further. You might want to provide some details about your setup to make the problem more precise. I don't remember encountering such as issue despite running advtrains in singleplayer worlds multiple times, so this appears to be weird to me as well.

orwell
GitHub: orwell96
IRC: orwell96_mt
In-game: orwell

by orwell » Post

VanessaE wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:30
I'd suggest a very simple approach: Everything that is not a full opaque cube does not collide; and the players are responsible for making it look realistic. If we make fancy collisions, it should be an option.
I could live with that.
Done. Also fixed the sign entity name.
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...

gpcf
GitHub: gpcf
In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Post

I'd suggest a very simple approach: Everything that is not a full opaque cube does not collide; and the players are responsible for making it look realistic. If we make fancy collisions, it should be an option.
IMHO this should be made configurable. The new system adds a lot of weirdness and breaks existing setups such as railroad paraphernalia's track blocker. I will submit a patch in the next few days to make it configurable, with the old system as the default.

Edit: https://git.bananach.space/advtrains.gi ... ccf974bcab I have made it configurable. Set advtrains_forgiving_collision to true if you want the trains not to collide with non-normal nodes.

Maverick2797
In-game: Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

I've always been more interested in the yardwork/shunting side of advtrains than mainline running, but setting routes can be a pain. So I've made a control panel using the digistuff touchscreen :)
link
It's mainly a small set of basic textures, but the demo.lua gives you an idea of how to use them in a luacontroller.
Spoiler
The number you have called is not available during a solar eclipse. This message will self destruct in ten seconds in protest... [BEEP]

56independent_actual
IRC: independent56
In-game: 56independent

by 56independent_actual » Post

Maverick2797 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 13:30
I've always been more interested in the yardwork/shunting side of advtrains than mainline running, but setting routes can be a pain. So I've made a control panel using the digistuff touchscreen :)
link
It's mainly a small set of basic textures, but the demo.lua gives you an idea of how to use them in a luacontroller.
Spoiler
+1!

Could you make a way to create routes as well, using something like an extended regex naming scheme? Maybe ven place the TCBs and signals automatically as well, using standard types of placement. But then of course, we are moving into Modding territory.
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

Preset routes could be done and bound to a button/input on the touchscreen, but would have to either be set up beforehand from a signal and use set_route() etc or use set_state() on each turnout individually (which currently can't check if the turnout is already locked by an interlocked route.)

I have a lua route-setting matrix that accepts a number input for preset routes, but to get that input without a touchscreen requires a lot of messing with IO of luacontrollers for 16 routes, or 64 if you use a lua-sorting tube instead. It also requires a lot of preparation to set up the routes manually.

Automatic placement of TCB's and signals would require some pretty complex algorithms to determine placement location, signal direction and influence point location/direction, all while not looking like someone just emptied their inventory onto ballast. And that's not to mention uncommon placements for style as well as function (eg overhead signals.)
The number you have called is not available during a solar eclipse. This message will self destruct in ten seconds in protest... [BEEP]

56independent_actual

Is there any way to edit routes after they have been made? I have this junction, and I realised "wait I forgot to lock the point". Is it alright to edit the database/world files directly (because I am a lazy admin)? Or Is just deleting and remaking the route the best/simplest/easiest option?
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

Probably easier to just delete the route and remake it. A lot less chance of accidental corruption of the files

yw05

by yw05 » Post

You likely don't want to edit database files directly. If anything gets corrupted in the process then you are on your own.

56independent_actual

Maverick2797 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 07:49
Probably easier to just delete the route and remake it. A lot less chance of accidental corruption of the files
Ok. I remember when I lost my map.sqlite and lost a few days of work. I do not want to lose a month of interlocking work. But I also edited luaATC to remove set_line() statements, and it worked out fine. But I shall heed your advice. I should've hunted down and edited the luaATC tracks.

orwell

by orwell » Post

Rewriting the route programming is also one of my to-dos for the future. I want to make it easier for players to set up routes by automating some things away. For example, you will only need to programm the order of track sections and do not need to lock individual points anymore, unless you really want/need to. Locked points will be handled on a per-track-section level so that if you add a turnout somewhere, the existing routes automatically update to include a lock for it. Also, I want to revive the track map (itrainmap) using Imagen and use it as an easy way to program routes (so you don't need to physically travel to the TCBs any longer).
I hope to have a little more time to work on advtrains in the next winter.
Lua is great!
List of my mods

loppi
In-game: loppi Lolstadt

by loppi » Post

i have a wish:
i wish me a "honk rail" and a "honk stop rail".
honk rail: let the train make an infinite honk sound or a timed honk sound till it reach a honk stop rail.
(for example: channel: honk_seconds:3 or: infinite_honk)
honk stop rail: stops the honk sound when a train touch it.
"ich liebe industrie!" And yes, its a Russian Bulldozer 😁

56independent_actual

loppi wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 15:12
i have a wish:
honk rail: let the train make an infinite honk sound or a timed honk sound till it reach a honk stop rail.
I don't like this idea, and I prefer a new command to luaATC (honk(time)) and ATC (H<time>). Imagine if we had a rail for every different thing (set_line rails, SM rails)!

loppi

by loppi » Post

yes,thats good too.

orwell

by orwell » Post

56independent_actual wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 09:47
loppi wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 15:12
i have a wish:
I don't like this idea, and I prefer a new command to luaATC (honk(time)) and ATC (H<time>). Imagine if we had a rail for every different thing (set_line rails, SM rails)!
I agree, and this feature has been suggested since about 4 years. Implementing this is not straightforward due to some internal implementation details. However, chances are good that we (that means, probably gpcf) will implement this soon, because LinuxForks needs this feature for the new tram lines in Origin.
Lua is great!
List of my mods

yw05

by yw05 » Post

Hello.

I am working on the train HUD again, with some ideas taken from this thread and recent activities on the MT engine development. However, I would like some comments on those:
  • I created a variant of the ATC/LZB/Shunt indicators using Unifont (see attachment). While this does make the HUD closer to one that you may expect from a cubic game, it may not look as well. Comments on this matter are appreciated.
  • Small icons have been suggested as a replacement for the current ATC/LZB/Shunt indicators. While I am personally skeptical toward this suggestion, it could work if the icons are made well (accurate, easy to read in an 30x30px space, and don't cause confusion).
  • Should needle indicators be implemented? How?
  • (CSM idea) To what extent would a "train HUD" resizer be helpful?
Two additional indicators have been suggested as well, but I am not sure how exactly they should be placed:
  • "ARS disabled" indicator
  • upcoming route indicator
Screenshot_20210801_150804.png
Screenshot_20210801_150804.png (658 Bytes) Viewed 1113 times

orwell

by orwell » Post

yw05 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 14:01
[*] Small icons have been suggested as a replacement for the current ATC/LZB/Shunt indicators. While I am personally skeptical toward this suggestion, it could work if the icons are made well (accurate, easy to read in an 30x30px space, and don't cause confusion).
Two additional indicators have been suggested as well, but I am not sure how exactly they should be placed:
I'd leave it with text. From the text the function can be told immediately, while I doubt that we can make meaningful symbols in the small space provided.
Perhaps to gain more space, the indicators could be made rectangular instead of square. This might allow for a second row of indicators below it (for the two things you mention).
yw05 wrote:
[*] Should needle indicators be implemented? How?
I could live without it; especially since there is no straightforward way to implement this using the existing HUD API.
yw05 wrote:
[*] (CSM idea) To what extent would a "train HUD" resizer be helpful?
I think the only group of users for which this would be relevant is mobile players. And I can't imagine controlling trains on mobile is a fun thing to do anyways, so I see very little benefit from this.
Lua is great!
List of my mods

yw05

by yw05 » Post

orwell wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 16:39
yw05 wrote:
Perhaps to gain more space, the indicators could be made rectangular instead of square. This might allow for a second row of indicators below it (for the two things you mention).
Somehow I did not think about that when I wrote that post. Here is what I came up with so far:
  • The ARS target indicator is less obvious now (the small cyan rectangle on the horizontal speed indicator), Would it perhaps be better to use the empty space in the second row for this?
  • The approaching speed limit is now merged into the approach indicator
  • I added an ARS indicator
  • A "darkslategray" color is shown for disabled entries
  • I will add the route indicator to the text HUD to avoid having to deal with text rendering
Attachments
Screenshot_20210802_060839.png
Screenshot_20210802_060839.png (835 Bytes) Viewed 1113 times

Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

Is there anywhere that autocouple could be indicated or is that not used enough to warrant it?

yw05

by yw05 » Post

Yes, I forgot autocouple. Thanks for reminding

yw05

by yw05 » Post

Here is yet another draft with the autocouple indicator and a digital ATC target indicator:

Currently I pushed the changes to the trainhud-unifont branch (because the size of the indicators are based on the metrics of Unifont), and I will merge it into the trainhud branch.

Edit: I was asked from another channel to remove the bars beyond the max speed of the train:
Attachments
Screenshot_20210804_182746.png
Screenshot_20210804_182746.png (892 Bytes) Viewed 1113 times
Screenshot_20210802_112300.png
Screenshot_20210802_112300.png (925 Bytes) Viewed 1113 times

loppi

by loppi » Post

hi,i just saw the advtrains_platform mod and i dont understand how to download it from bananach. please help D:

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

loppi wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:59
hi,i just saw the advtrains_platform mod and i dont understand how to download it from bananach. please help D:
Two ways:

Command line:
git clone https://git.bananach.space/advtrains_platform.git

If you don't want to use git, click the version you want to download on the web page and then your preferred download format:
Attachments
DownloadBananach.png
DownloadBananach.png (32.01 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

loppi

by loppi » Post

THX! :D
(so,its very easy,i only dont knew where i must press buttons and something :P)

loppi

by loppi » Post

great! here are some screenshots :-D

https://image.giants-software.com/index ... h=tEamQ3aF]Image
me on my private family server...
...railroad crossing and the cargo station...

...Lolstadt Viaduct.