[Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.4.3]

yw05
GitHub: y5nw
IRC: y5nw
In-game: ywang

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [2.0.1 TSS]

by yw05 » Post

untiltoday wrote:The idea was born when I didn't know that you can't move inside a wagon. So it was more about a crowd inside a wagon; at least I was wondering about how it looks to ride a train with another player.
You can test it yourself by hosting a temporary server on your PC.
untiltoday wrote:Is it possible to implement walking inside a wagon at all?
I'm not sure.
untiltoday wrote:Apparently being in a wagon is currently done by Minetest through the attachment of the player node to a train node? Does a wagon consist of only one node, or is it multiple nodes? If it's the latter, then the wagon's properties could include also the inner area, and the player could move between the nodes inside that area... Although, if you can only attach a node to the middle of another node, without any offset, the movement would be discrete.
Trains are entities (objects), not nodes.
untiltoday wrote:A bigger problem, in my opinion, is that players would be more likely to forget not to punch the wagon.

Code: Select all

function wagon:on_punch(puncher, time_from_last_punch, tool_capabilities, direction)
	return advtrains.pcall(function()
		if not self:ensure_init() then return end

local data = advtrains.wagons[self.id]

if not puncher or not puncher:is_player() then
			return
		end
		if data.owner and puncher:get_player_name()~=data.owner and (not minetest.check_player_privs(puncher, {train_admin = true })) then
		   minetest.chat_send_player(puncher:get_player_name(), attrans("This wagon is owned by @1, you can't destroy it.", data.owner));
		   return
		end
		if #(self:train().trainparts)>1 then
		   minetest.chat_send_player(puncher:get_player_name(), attrans("Wagon needs to be decoupled from other wagons in order to destroy it."));
		   return
		end

local pc=puncher:get_player_control()
		if not pc.sneak then
			minetest.chat_send_player(puncher:get_player_name(), attrans("Warning: If you destroy this wagon, you only get some steel back! If you are sure, hold Sneak and left-click the wagon."))
			return
		end

if self.custom_may_destroy then
			if not self.custom_may_destroy(self, puncher, time_from_last_punch, tool_capabilities, direction) then
				return
			end
		end

if not self:destroy() then return end

local inv = puncher:get_inventory()
		for _,item in ipairs(self.drops or {self.name}) do
			inv:add_item("main", item)
		end
	end)
end

ulla
GitHub: IIIullaIII
IRC: ulla
In-game: ulla

by ulla » Post

orwell wrote:ADVANCED TRAINS

Servers
There are some servers running the Advanced Trains mod:
Linuxworks Next Generation
- I am frequently online on this server. If you are in trouble with some railway setup or have a question, it's best to catch me there.
*) LuaATC is in use in a variety of applications, most notably the Spawn subway system, on this server
Grand Theft Auto Minetest
- This server has some subway lines operated by advtrains.
Pandorabox
There might be more of which I am not aware.
ITALIAN ULLA SERVER too :-)
X4cna2d4UqsiawIzUumDgPoYNx3JLGII

Imk
In-game: Imk

by Imk » Post

Сrimea HiTech&Magic (RUS) SERVER too :-)

orwell
GitHub: orwell96
IRC: orwell96_mt
In-game: orwell

by orwell » Post

Imk wrote:
Сrimea HiTech&Magic (RUS) SERVER too :-)
Added them.
--
lmk, regarding the tender car:
1. Making steam engines use fuel would not be that hard. Wagon inventories are detached inventories and we would just need to add an internal callback to burn coal. Would be some work. My problem is that my time to work on advtrains is practically zero at the moment, and I personally have other priorities what to do first. However, I'm always happy if someone wants to contribute, there are lots of things to be done (such as fixing the i14n, or see the bugtracker).
2. I am neither good at modeling, nor do I feel like doing it. Someone would have to provide a (good) 3d model for such a tender car, and optimally export it into a minetest-usable format. Again, if you like to do 3d modeling and texturing, I'd be happy if you could do this.

And, what was the intended meaning of "torture"?
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...

untiltoday
In-game: ParalyzeEntertain

by untiltoday » Post

Imk wrote:Spotlights and side lights are very necessary
Working headlights (emitting light, not just having color) are sure necessary — and model-specific. Maybe (I suppose there are different rules) even configurable to choose whether they should only work where the driver is, where the train is going, and only in the dark.

orwell

by orwell » Post

Making things other than nodes emit light is not possible due to limitations in the minetest engine. Walking_light and consorts place an invisible lightemitting node to hack around this limitation.
I wish it were possible, too.
Lua is great!
List of my mods

Imk

by Imk » Post

And, what was the intended meaning of "torture"?
My problem is that my time to work on advtrains is practically zero at the moment.
I assumed it.
For one person engaged in his spare time, this is a lot and it’s not possible to do everything. It is necessary that they help to write in the form of additional mod packs.

and we want passenger mobs, tender car and much more :)

For one it's torture

untiltoday
In-game: ParalyzeEntertain

by untiltoday » Post

orwell wrote:Walking_light and consorts place an invisible lightemitting node to hack around this limitation.
Holding light_tool while driving at 54 kph works as well as walking with it. So I guess you can at least make the front end of the train (seem to) emit light? And if the light-emitting part is inside the train, what if there are holes or bright white or yellow places where the headlights should be?

Maybe also walking inside the train would work, unless that kills the player.

h-v-smacker
GitHub: h-v-smacker
In-game: Smacker

by h-v-smacker » Post

untiltoday wrote:
orwell wrote:Walking_light and consorts place an invisible lightemitting node to hack around this limitation.
Holding light_tool while driving at 54 kph works as well as walking with it. So I guess you can at least make the front end of the train (seem to) emit light? And if the light-emitting part is inside the train, what if there are holes or bright white or yellow places where the headlights should be?

Maybe also walking inside the train would work, unless that kills the player.
To realistically imitate the train's headlight, you'll need to place a whole row of light-emitting nodes in front of the train.
Linux Forks, the Best Forks: linux-forks.de // Play @ LinuxWorks Next Generation

orwell

by orwell » Post

This appears to be what light_tool does... I'm thinking about using this mod as optional dependency...
Lua is great!
List of my mods

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

I've created a bunch of OBJ models for 45 degree rails. Although I don't use Advanced Trains myself, I figured that I might as well make them anyway. They need to be UV mapped and I think some of the normals have to be flipped (I made these in AutoCAD; I hate Blender), but here they are, if anyone wants to use them.
obj.zip
(13.7 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

License is CC BY.
Attachments
index.png
index.png (248.63 KiB) Viewed 1291 times
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Imk wrote: Untiltoday i understood one thing that you have an idea. So that residents behave like posazhira. They moved around the stations, waiting for the train. And then the port would come to life would not be so without crowded.
Some NPC passangers sound like a very neat idea. Would be nice to have mobs waiting for the train, entering the wagons, exiting...But that's not easy to do. Perhaps those ought to be mobs that can't do much more except wander around a bit at the train stations and board trains randomly?
A list of my mods can be found here.

mr_chicken
GitHub: root
IRC: Doris Day
In-game: Faded_Glory Rex_2000

by mr_chicken » Post

Uhm....

Hi, i'm using modified growwall script to build a railroad from spawn (0,2,0) to a place at (-30'000,2,-30'000)

north/south works ok, growwall places stone meselamps in tunnels and tracks just right.
But east to west is problematic because when growwall places node "advtrains:dtrack_st" the tracks faces north/south and has to be turned with track/tool or placed by hand :( 29990 nodes of track.

So... the question is how do i edit advtrains files on disc so when a dtrack_st node is placed, it faces east/west instead of original/standard north/south?
Center 15 tracks placed by hand
left placed by script

Playing minnoye ispytaniye on a Агат II, driving a Лaдa that goes 300 hectares on a single tank of kerosene

orwell

by orwell » Post

mr_chicken wrote:Uhm....

Hi, i'm using modified growwall script to build a railroad from spawn (0,2,0) to a place at (-30'000,2,-30'000)

north/south works ok, growwall places stone meselamps in tunnels and tracks just right.
But east to west is problematic because when growwall places node "advtrains:dtrack_st" the tracks faces north/south and has to be turned with track/tool or placed by hand :( 29990 nodes of track.

So... the question is how do i edit advtrains files on disc so when a dtrack_st node is placed, it faces east/west instead of original/standard north/south?
Center 15 tracks placed by hand
left placed by script
To place track in the right orientation, you would need to adjust the param2 of the node. Set param2=1 rotates it to W-E direction.

However, I strongly recommend NOT TO place tracks using minetest.set_node. Advtrains can not add the node to the node database this way.

I just recognized that there is no API function for placing tracks. I should add one. Currently it would work if you could call the on_place callback of advtrains:dtrack_placer using a fake player, like digtron does.
Lua is great!
List of my mods

mr_chicken

by mr_chicken » Post

orwell wrote:
mr_chicken wrote:Uhm....
To place track in the right orientation, you would need to adjust the param2 of the node. Set param2=1 rotates it to W-E direction...........
Thanks i tried but i still don't get it!?
where should i set param2=1

please

Edit:
Sorry....
Got it :)
Playing minnoye ispytaniye on a Агат II, driving a Лaдa that goes 300 hectares on a single tank of kerosene

mr_chicken

by mr_chicken » Post

Facing another problem, server crash when riding my steam-train:
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Invalid float vector dimension range 'x' (expected -2.14748e+06 < x < 2.14748e+06 got -nan).
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'setacceleration'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: ...inetest/mods/animals_modpack-2.5.0/mobf/fighting.lua:307: in function 'run_away'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: ...inetest/mods/animals_modpack-2.5.0/mobf/fighting.lua:277: in function '?'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: ...i/.minetest/mods/animals_modpack-2.5.0/mobf/mobf.lua:728: in function <...i/.minetest/mods/animals_modpack-2.5.0/mobf/mobf.lua:719>
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'punch'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: ...pi/.minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains/trainlogic.lua:567: in function 'train_step_c'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: ...pi/.minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains/trainlogic.lua:96: in function 'mainloop_trainlogic'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: /home/pi/.minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains/init.lua:412: in function </home/pi/.minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains/init.lua:387>
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'xpcall'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: /home/pi/.minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains/init.lua:45: in function </home/pi/.minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains/init.lua:42>
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: (tail call): ?
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: /usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:417: in function </usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:401>

yw05

by yw05 » Post

mr_chicken wrote:Facing another problem, server crash when riding my steam-train:

2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Invalid float vector dimension range 'x' (expected -2.14748e+06 < x < 2.14748e+06 got -nan).
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'setacceleration'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]:       ...inetest/mods/animals_modpack-2.5.0/mobf/fighting.lua:307: in function 'run_away'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]:       ...inetest/mods/animals_modpack-2.5.0/mobf/fighting.lua:277: in function '?'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]:       ...i/.minetest/mods/animals_modpack-2.5.0/mobf/mobf.lua:728: in function <...i/.minetest/mods/animals_modpack-2.5.0/mobf/mobf.lua:719>
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'punch'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]:       ...pi/.minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains/trainlogic.lua:567: in function 'train_step_c'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]:       ...pi/.minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains/trainlogic.lua:96: in function 'mainloop_trainlogic'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]:       /home/pi/.minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains/init.lua:412: in function </home/pi/.minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains/init.lua:387>
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'xpcall'
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]:       /home/pi/.minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains/init.lua:45: in function </home/pi/.minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains/init.lua:42>
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]:       (tail call): ?
2019-10-01 21:38:14: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:417: in function </usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:401>
Are you sure that the animals_modpack thing isn't causing the trouble? afaik train acceleration never overflows or ends up with NaN.
v-rob wrote:I've created a bunch of OBJ models for 45 degree rails. Although I don't use Advanced Trains myself, I figured that I might as well make them anyway. They need to be UV mapped and I think some of the normals have to be flipped (I made these in AutoCAD; I hate Blender), but here they are, if anyone wants to use them.
obj.zip

License is CC BY.
45° rail turnouts are deprecated.
orwell wrote:However, I strongly recommend NOT TO place tracks using minetest.set_node. Advtrains can not add the node to the node database this way.
Doesn't /at_retoute add tracks to the node database?

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

I know they're deprecated; I actually made a fork of advtrains a long time ago that was only carts (it didn't go over so well, and I was rather rude about it), and these are newer updated rails. I know some people liked the idea when I made it, but not how I did it. So, these rails are just for if anyone wants to make carts for advtrains. I have (some) of the cart textures as well, but I don't know if anyone really cares.

In summary, they're just there for anyone who wants to make a new railtype.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

yw05

by yw05 » Post

v-rob wrote:So, these rails are just for if anyone wants to make carts for advtrains. I have (some) of the cart textures as well, but I don't know if anyone really cares.
The old advtrains textures are also in the mod.
orwell: btw, can you please optimize the images (optipng)?

ulla

by ulla » Post

orwell wrote:ADVANCED TRAINS

This mod features realistic trains and various equipment for railways, with a focus on automated train operation.
Main features:
- A small selection of different trains (passenger and goods trains) (see also "Extensions")
- Almost-realistic tracks with actual curves and switches
- Railway signals, controllable by various means
- ATC: Simple, command-like automatic train control
- LuaATC: Powerful Lua-scripted automatic train operation(requires some programming knowledge)*
- An Interlocking system, featuring track sections, routes and automatic stopping before signals
Planned features:
- A timetable-based automatic train operation system.

Manuals and guides:
Wiki
General manual
Interlocking system guide
Website, contains screenshots

Download / Git
Content Database:
https://content.minetest.net/packages/orwell/advtrains/
Git repository:
http://git.bananach.space/advtrains.git/
Issue tracker:
https://bugs.linux-forks.de/advtrains/

License of code: LGPL 2.1
License of media: CC-BY-SA 3.0

Extensions
These are some additional mods that add more content to advtrains.
You just need to install those mods and enable them.
More trains:
https://mbblp.github.io/advanced-trains ... index.html
https://github.com/Andrey2470T/Advanced ... ional-.git
https://github.com/h-v-smacker/advtrains_granite
Decoration blocks:
https://git.bananach.space/railroad_paraphernalia.git/
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19743
Tunnel building
Tunnelmaker: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20159
Digtron: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16295

Servers
There are some servers running the Advanced Trains mod:
Linuxworks Next Generation
- I am frequently online on this server. If you are in trouble with some railway setup or have a question, it's best to catch me there.
*) LuaATC is in use in a variety of applications, most notably the Spawn subway system, on this server
Grand Theft Auto Minetest
- This server has some subway lines operated by advtrains.
Pandorabox
ITALIAN ULLA SERVER (no topic?)
Сrimea HiTech&Magic (RUS) SERVER
There might be more of which I am not aware.
ITALIAN ULLA SERVER
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23523

ulla

Re: [Mod] Advanced Trains [advtrains] [1.13]

by ulla » Post

Mikola wrote:
pheonixfire wrote:Hi,

Could someone explain how to use the unloading track, there isn't any mention of it
in the manual that I could find

Best Regards
pheonixfire
To use the Loading / Unloading Track, you need to place the Chest below the railroad level and place the Loading or Unloading Track on top.
An example in the picture.
If you want to load a Box Wagon, then you need to put the items in the Chest under the Loading Track and pass the Box Wagon along this path. You can also load cargo into the Box Wagon by hand.
If you want to unload a Box Wagon, then you need to load the items into the Box Wagon in any way indicated and pass a Box Wagon along this pathway with Unloading Track. The contents of the Box Wagon will be in the Chest under Unloading Track.
It doesn't work, don't load and don't download, I tried, like the screenshot, but nothing happened

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Interlocking & Station Track Video Tutorial!

by Blockhead » Post

I made a video tutorial on how to set up a basic 3 station system with interlocking and station tracks. I hope this helps anyone struggling to get started with interlocking. I'll aim to also cover basic ATC and LuaATC, plus maybe some other topics like speed signals and shunt signals.

https://youtu.be/ylG1vHj4zjg
Attachments
Video Preview/Thumbnail
Video Preview/Thumbnail
preview.jpeg (85.18 KiB) Viewed 1291 times
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

orwell

by orwell » Post

Cool, thanks a lot!
Lua is great!
List of my mods

Imk

by Imk » Post

Help all
Tell me what to do.
I want privacy two blocks below the rail.

/home/imk/minetest/mods/advtrains/advtrains
settingtypes.txt

#    Track protection range (down)
#    Players without the 'track_builder' privilege can not build within a box around any tracks determined by these range settings
#    This setting determines the lower y bound of the box, a value of 1 means that the rail and 1 node below it are protected  
advtrains_prot_range_down (Track protection range [down]) int 1 0 10
int 1 0 10

int 2 0 10 it doesn't work out.

У меня под рельсами гравий и если обычные игроки капают блок ниже гравия он осыпается с приват и падает рельса. Помогите правильно поставить приват на 2 блока ниже рельс.
Last edited by Imk on Fri Nov 08, 2019 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

Codesound

Re: Interlocking & Station Track Video Tutorial!

by Codesound » Post

Blockhead wrote:I made a video tutorial on how to set up a basic 3 station system with interlocking and station tracks. I hope this helps anyone struggling to get started with interlocking. I'll aim to also cover basic ATC and LuaATC, plus maybe some other topics like speed signals and shunt signals.

https://youtu.be/ylG1vHj4zjg
Thanks a lot for this tutorial!!! +1000
I hope that you make others....