[MOD] Stack Slabs [1.0] [stackslabs]

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

Re: [MOD] Stack Slabs [1.0] [stackslabs]

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Just added some new functionality etc to comboblock, mostly cleanup and making it consistent with how the rest of minetest tends to work; also 2 slabs no longer become 1 block, also addressed the placement bug...but heres a full list:
~ Added versioning number 5.2.0.1, 1st three digits indicate version of Minetest built against last digit Comboblock version.
~ Added function to auto-retrieve list registered slabs, using slab group (blert2112's code from the forum)
~ Split glass slabs and normal slabs so these no longer combine - reason buggy
~ Added back the ability to place slab at top of node next too or at the bottom of node next too an existing node ie top/bottom side placement
~ Insured slabs only place over other slabs, air and flora very explicit groups to try and increase compatibility with other mods that might add small nodes and decrease potential conflicts.
~ Added stairs mod "rotate and place" function to maintain identical functionality as stairs mod.
~ Cleaned up placing behavior so its more consistent with base game/what user might expect.
~ Added some error checking and messages to user
I also did a release on git but more for fun than anything 5.2.0.1:
https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/combob ... g/v5.2.0.1

I wanted to put these changes up as they are pretty extensive, I've done a bit of rudimentary testing and didn't pickup any crashes and I checked all the placement end points I could think off and they are working as I expected...of course always the unexpected that gets you.

I still need to have a look at protection so the mod respects protection functionality, also still need to better support other mods slabs. Although the manual workaround for this is just add that mods name to comboblocks depends file.

Im happy to make my own thread if a one of the mods thinks its better, but if not Im happy leaving all the history in this thread :).

Edit: Forgot to say Ill try and look at that screwdriver issue but I'd say that's going to be nasty....

pampogokiraly
In-game: i_love_mesecon

by pampogokiraly » Post

@sirrobzeroone
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! One last time: Thank you!
All praise the Bacon God! The one and only god in MineTest

pampogokiraly

by pampogokiraly » Post

I also found two more bugs for you:
  1. Texture overlay: I use my cracked_castle mod which uses overlay texture modifier, and it makes this:Image
  2. Slippery wooden floor: This is not really bug, but the slabs keep their properties if they are at the bottom, and so i can rotate it upside down to make my wooden floor slippery with some ice slabs
Attachments
Texture overlay bug
Texture overlay bug
screenshot_20200516_092951.png (73.24 KiB) Viewed 381 times

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Glad your finding it useful :)

I think I can fix issue one or at least I know how to fix it whether I can create a bunch of code to do that reliably Im not so sure..., but it would mean the overlay would be restricted to the block it belongs to ie with the wood/stone example the moss green would only appear on the sides of the stone.

Yah unfortunately comboblock retains the properties of the block ontop, this is because basically its just doing a 50% graphic overlay of whatever block lives on the bottom. Essentially visual trickery (awesome visual trickery :)). Thats why I'm not sure I could support screwdriver effectively, as if you turn a block over really it should swap the block type from Ice(T)/Wood(B) to Wood(T)/Ice(B) so the wood properties are kept. I think I could place code into the on_rightclick which looks for screwdriver and if someone uses the screwdriver on the block and rotates it twice do a swap, big but I know the screwdriver mod updates the param2 setting so I would need to make sure my on_rightclick function happens after the screwdriver has updated the param2 setting...and Im pretty sure screwdriver uses on_rightclick so at the moment Im not sure about the timing....but I need to go a dig through the code and do some basic tests :)

Please keep reporting any issues through as I'm trying to make the code if not pretty at least robust so it breaks as little as possible when used :).

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

The moss/cracks on unwanted bricks is fixed so now it stays only on the half that should have that overlay, I made it flexible so a node could have 10 images or more (I have no clue what the engine max is but comboblock should support it) strung together and it'll still work. One funky thing I did notice is if the texture packs are at different resolutions you get some bizarre overlays, not sure if thats unique to comboblock or just a general issue...anyways I'll check it out some more.

I tried out protector by Tenplus1 (viewtopic.php?t=9376) and comboblock seems to already respect protection seems to be a case of if not specifically allowed to override protection the MT engine wont allow it..I hope my assumption is correct and if it is a big thanks to the engine devs just saved me time and a ton of extra reading/coding :).

I'll have a look at that screwdriver issue(s) next, no promises on this one but I think at the least if I can't fix it I should put in some disallow message or a warning about funny behavior for the player. Also need to see if I can streamline the code without making it to complex to understand for myself in the future.

pampogokiraly

by pampogokiraly » Post

Good to hear all the bugfixes! I can not thank you enough for this mod :D

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Another release done, fixed that issue with the overlays and the placement of slabs when another is vertical should keep vertical placement now....well assuming I found all combo's. Got it working Im pretty sure with moreblocks (8/16) slabs which are traditional half slabs as far as I can tell it doesn't stuff anything in Moreblocks. But thats one complex mod so who knows....

I caved and gave the mod its on post on the wip mods board here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24770