[Mod] Mcnodes [0.4][mcnodes]

Hasan
IRC: Hasan2

[Mod] Mcnodes [0.4][mcnodes]

by Hasan » Post

Hi all,

This mod provides more custom nodes, auto stairs, connected chests (still have a little problems will be solved upon the next release), additional ores (lapis lazuli), anvil (as a node only, not finished yet), red desert biome, quartz ore and its derivatives (quartz item, chiseled quartz, pillar quartz block), granite, diorite, andesite and more.....

See the README.txt file for some information about how to remove/disable some nodes/functions.

Auto stairs: the outer and inner nodes are now placed automatically, you can use this function for any stair nodes (inner and outer nodes automatically generated).

Red desert biome:

Another nodes:

Granite:

Carpets:

License:
Code: LGPL

Textures:
CC BY-SA 4.0

Check LICENSE.txt file for more information.

Some textures still need improvements.

Dependencies: default, dye, wool

Change log:

0.4:
Fixed new large chest bug.
Added Mchud submod (most structure taken from blockmen's better hud mod) and can be disabled by changing the McHud variable to 0 which is located in the init.lua file (this submod is just in testing so it is not finished).

Here is a link for the mod and some of crafting methods provided.
Download latest

Project on github (not recommended to download because it is a debug version can only be used for testing):
Github
Last edited by Hasan on Mon Sep 12, 2016 17:00, edited 7 times in total.

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

Re: [Mod] Mcnodes [0.1-beta] [mcnodes]

by octacian » Post

Nice idea in general. What I don't like is that you seem to be trying to make MT more "like Minecraft." I personally don't like this. I think MT should be different, without all the "make it like MC" stuff that kinda, in my opinion ruins it. If this is not your intention, I'd really recommend you rename the mod. Even if it is, I'd be happy to provide some alternative textures rather that using MC textures (I think that's what your doing?).
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

Hasan

by Hasan » Post

Nope i am not trying to make mt like mc, but i am bad a little at textures,
but yeah i would like to see your textures if you want to make your own
even the name seems to be minecraft nodes, but my idea was (more custom nodes) because of stairs and chests
Last edited by Hasan on Sat Aug 13, 2016 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Hasan

by Hasan » Post

the auto stairs is so helpful as well
Last edited by Hasan on Sat Aug 13, 2016 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

octacian

by octacian » Post

Hasan wrote:Nope i am not trying to make mt like mc, but i am bad a little at textures XD,
but yeah i would like to see your textures if you want to make your own
That's great to hear! If you wanna see some examples of textures I've made, check out digicompute. Not sure if my other mods have textures that would really show anything, but..

If your not trying to make it like MC, it'd be really nice if you renamed the mod. If you want suggestions, join me on irc at irc.endev.xyz port 6697 with SSL and Accept Invalid SSL Certificates enabled. I'm there almost all day and can help/give suggestions there.

It looks to me that you are using THE MC textures. I'd like to make it clear that though I may be wrong, you cannot do that and license the mod under any open source license.

EDIT: forgot to put in the links xD
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

Hasan

by Hasan » Post

Thx dude i will see what i can do

XtremeHacker
GitHub: MisterXtreme
IRC: MrXtreme
In-game: MrXtreme

by XtremeHacker » Post

Looks like a cool idea, I agree with octacian, It is a bit too "Minecrafty", and those textures are not under a free use liecense, if they are from MC, you'll need to get/make your own.
My $0.02
Last edited by XtremeHacker on Tue Apr 18, 2017 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
If you say that

Code: Select all

function.name_of_thing_to_do
is impossible, then you didn't try hard enough. :P

Mods I work on: MicroExpansion

Hasan

by Hasan » Post

You're right i wanna try to make my own but the problem is those textures is the best so i don't mean to use mc textures but its textures is the best to simulate the node like andesite block.

i know that it is required to change the textures because of license, that is the next step....... i think i used it for chest sand and emerald lapiz only

octacian

by octacian » Post

Hasan wrote:You're right i wanna try to make my own but the problem is those textures is the best so i don't mean to use mc textures but its textures is the best to simulate the node like andesite block.

i know that it is required to change the textures because of license, that is the next step....... i think i used it for chest sand and emerald lapiz only
I know how you feel. Find out what those things look in real life. Make the textures from that. Just in blocky form. I'd be more than happy to help with any of this. As I said, join me in IRC, and I can help with stuff like that. I'm online every day but Saturday.

Hasan

by Hasan » Post

endev15 wrote:
Hasan wrote:You're right i wanna try to make my own but the problem is those textures is the best so i don't mean to use mc textures but its textures is the best to simulate the node like andesite block.

I know how you feel. Find out what those things look in real life. Make the textures from that. Just in blocky form. I'd be more than happy to help with any of this. As I said, join me in IRC, and I can help with stuff like that. I'm online every day but Saturday.
Thank you for your help i will see when i should chat to you on IRC to see how can we do

pithy
GitHub: pithydon

by pithy » Post

Your auto stairs function looks a bit complicated, maybe this will help you simplify it. https://github.com/pithydon/middle_test ... k/init.lua
XtremeHacker wrote:Looks like a cool idea, I agree with endev, It is a bit too "Minecrafty", and those textures are not under a free use liecense, if they are from MC, you'll need to get/make your own.
My $0.02
Looks like textures is a higher priority right now.

XtremeHacker

by XtremeHacker » Post

pithy wrote:Looks like textures is a higher priority right now.
You know how people in the US like to sue...
If you say that

Hasan

by Hasan » Post

XtremeHacker wrote:
pithy wrote:Looks like textures is a higher priority right now.
You know how people in the US like to sue...
Yes i do. i will change it for sure

burli

by burli » Post

endev15 wrote:What I don't like is that you seem to be trying to make MT more "like Minecraft." I personally don't like this. I think MT should be different, without all the "make it like MC" stuff that kinda, in my opinion ruins it.
Why? Minecraft has solutions for many common problems. As long as nobody has a better solution why not copy it? I don't want to have a worse gameplay just to be different to Minecraft.

What's wrong with stair auto corners? I don't want to fiddle around to get the right corner in the right direction
What's wrong with more stone? I really would like to see more different stones because just one type is boring

Only the double size chest is a Minecraft clone that I don't really need, but it can be handy sometimes

And to be honest: why make a Minecraft like game and than make it different? We don't need a 100% clone, but we can copy good ideas, as long on one has a better idea

Hasan

by Hasan » Post

burli wrote:
endev15 wrote:What I don't like is that you seem to be trying to make MT more "like Minecraft." I personally don't like this. I think MT should be different, without all the "make it like MC" stuff that kinda, in my opinion ruins it.
Why? Minecraft has solutions for many common problems. As long as nobody has a better solution why not copy it? I don't want to have a worse gameplay just to be different to Minecraft.

What's wrong with stair auto corners? I don't want to fiddle around to get the right corner in the right direction
What's wrong with more stone? I really would like to see more different stones because just one type is boring

Only the double size chest is a Minecraft clone that I don't really need, but it can be handy sometimes

And to be honest: why make a Minecraft like game and than make it different? We don't need a 100% clone, but we can copy good ideas, as long on one has a better idea
Thank you

burli

by burli » Post

That doesn't mean that it has to look like Minecraft

Hasan

by Hasan » Post

Sure, it should be different

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

lol
Seeing the subject I half expected this mod to be some kind of Chicken nugget mod.

Hasan

by Hasan » Post

ExeterDad wrote:lol
Seeing the subject I half expected this mod to be some kind of Chicken nugget mod.
Haha, it is not

octacian

by octacian » Post

burli wrote:Why? Minecraft has solutions for many common problems. As long as nobody has a better solution why not copy it? I don't want to have a worse gameplay just to be different to Minecraft.

I think you might have misunderstood me (or we both misunderstand each other :P). I do not think that we should be trying to make MT like MC, as it makes the game less flexible over all because we're trying to make it like something it isn't (I think that we are on the same page with that?). Yeah, if MC has a better solution for something (e.g. animated blocks or signs), by all means, let's use it.

I don't think I said anything against stair corners, in fact, I'm really happy to see them myself. They are one of the must useful things in this mod. Except, I think there should be a tool to make that not happen for certain blocks, as it is nice for some builds. Yes, MT does need more types of stone. However, I think it needs a lot more than just the one. I'm thinking about starting work on a mod that does this (adding around 10 new stone blocks used in mines), and possibly mines that appear to have been in use before (e.g. mineshafts, camps). Not sure what to call it tho, any suggestions welcome.

Double chest can be handy, but also really annoying. I think it should be there, but not automatic. I think they should have their own recipe where you simply put two chests together. This would allow for double chests, without the annoyance.

Personally, I wouldn't consider it an "MC like game". To me, it uses the same style as MC. As I mentioned, yes, ideas are OK to copy. How many things did "Notch" copy from Infiniminer? A lot. But he did it without trying to make MC like Infiniminer.

XtremeHacker

by XtremeHacker » Post

[quote="endev15"]Yes, MT does need more types of stone. However, I think it needs a lot more than just the one. I'm thinking about starting work on a mod that does this (adding around 10 new stone blocks used in mines), and possibly mines that appear to have been in use before (e.g. mineshafts, camps). Not sure what to call it tho, any suggestions welcome.

Endev15, this is mod number what now, (that is a WIP)? :P
OK, sorry, had to say it, I look forward to see you finish Digicompute the most, I miss Computercraft a lot after switching over to MT from MC.
P.S. Sorry for the off topic "stuff" mods admins.
If you say that

octacian

by octacian » Post

XtremeHacker wrote:Endev15, this is mod number what now, (that is a WIP)? :P
It's the 8th. If this mod ends up doing it though.. I won't bother. Less work (fun)!

Hasan

Re: [Mod] Mcnodes [0.2-beta][mcnodes]

by Hasan » Post

The textures updated

octacian

by octacian » Post

Hasan wrote:The textures updated
Nice! I think the carpet needs some work (I could possibly do some), but good job on the other new textures. It'd be nice if you put the mod on GitHub that way others could contribute to development. It'd be even better if the mod gets a new name.

Good work! :D

Hasan

by Hasan » Post

Thank you octacian, for the mod name i don't mean the name to be minecraft nodes but i meant more custom nodes i mentioned this in the main post, i am glad seeing you happy i will see for github i am still beginner but i am learning on it and i like it a lot, but that the work the carpets you mean (if for textures i used minetest default not mine)