[Modpack] Societies [v3.0.0] [sociedades]

Sokomine
Member
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v1.3] [sociedades]

by Sokomine » Sat Feb 25, 2017 03:15

Thanks for the translation, ShadMOrdre. Seems I met the Sunos but not the Sovagxas so far. It seems possible that further structures will be offered once the village gets more inhabitants. The trading with the market chests works fine. The textures are very nicely done.
A list of my mods can be found here.
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v1.3] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:44

Sorry for ignoring these last posts, I must have forgotten.

Sokomine wrote:... because the flag kept demanding to be placed on a flat 13x13 area and was very reluctant ...

I have already corrected this in the development version. Bushes and flowers should not disturb any more. This also irritated me greatly during development.


Sokomine wrote: ... the new community house appeared instantly around me ...

I'm going to work to keep it as realistic as possible. But now I need to solve other errors.

Sokomine wrote: ... they offered new flags for the placement of buildings in return for the materials needed.

This is a basic mechanics of village growth.

ShadMOrdre wrote:I too am confused.

I agree, many of these texts (with the exception of README.txt and the wiki) have been removed because they are very weird. I will keep a descriptive text in English in both places.

I've already made a lot of improvements, but I have not yet released a new version because I want to bring something new (all 58 current commits are fixes and operating improvements). Soon I will be announcing new things (Including a new society).
 

Sokomine
Member
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v1.3] [sociedades]

by Sokomine » Sat Feb 25, 2017 14:54

BrunoMine wrote:I have already corrected this in the development version. Bushes and flowers should not disturb any more. This also irritated me greatly during development.

Thanks! That will help a lot. It also seemed that stone as ground seemed unacceptable for them. Some way of indicating how big the house will actually become would be very helpful. The protector mod shows the protected area when punched, and WorldEdit shows the marked area. Perhaps you can show the area the house requires?

BrunoMine wrote:
Sokomine wrote: ... they offered new flags for the placement of buildings in return for the materials needed.

This is a basic mechanics of village growth.

Ah. Fine :-) The amount of villagers reported by the people in the community center was increasing with every house (with inhabitants) built. However, some houses seemed to have decayed (Worldedit-accidents?), and I don't seem to be able to repair them with the repair kit.

BrunoMine wrote:I've already made a lot of improvements, but I have not yet released a new version because I want to bring something new (all 58 current commits are fixes and operating improvements). Soon I will be announcing new things (Including a new society).

I'm looking forward to it. The Sunos villages and their inhabitants work nicely. The textures and design of the worker in the community center, the trade chests, the houses and the special nodes for the villages all fit together and are very well drawn.
A list of my mods can be found here.
 

User avatar
Andrey01
Member
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 15:18
Location: Russia, Moscow
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v1.3] [sociedades]

by Andrey01 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 15:05

Does Is this mod add villages and villagers?
DL9Eh7xVBw7DXwLAMX1lStE21bSD2XUQ
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v1.3] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Sat Feb 25, 2017 15:34

Sokomine wrote:It seemed that stone as ground seemed unacceptable for them.

I have quite simplified the basic requirements to found a structure, but the first strip of land must have dirt (with or without grass). It is also necessary to have two depth blocks without empty spaces (caves). All this will be well explained by messages.

Sokomine wrote:The protector mod shows the protected area when punched, and WorldEdit shows the marked area. Perhaps you can show the area the house requires?

I'll add before the next release. This will be really useful.

Sokomine wrote:The amount of villagers reported by the people in the community center was increasing with every house (with inhabitants) built. However, some houses seemed to have decayed (Worldedit-accidents?), and I don't seem to be able to repair them with the repair kit.

This is a code error, it has already been fixed in the development version. Thanks for reporting.

Sokomine wrote:I'm looking forward to it. The Sunos villages and their inhabitants work nicely. The textures and design of the worker in the community center, the trade chests, the houses and the special nodes for the villages all fit together and are very well drawn.


Thank you. I'm further polishing the code and textures to make the interaction more dynamic and realistic.
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v1.3] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Sat Feb 25, 2017 15:36

Andrey01 wrote:Does Is this mod add villages and villagers?

Yes, but it's not necessarily just villages. Societies may have different cultures.
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v2.0.0-beta] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Fri Apr 28, 2017 16:47

Changelog v1.3 - v2.0.0 (can be incomplete)

General
* New societie Sovagxas (Wild)
* Adopted semantic versioning 2.0.0
* New Libraries System for third-party mod
Sunos
* Added Cobble Street
* Added Tavern
* Added Emporium
* Added Straw loom
* Added Straw Carpet
* Added Culinary Kit
* Added food and recipes (Fruit Bread, Fruit Salad, Fruit Snack, Nectar)
* Added Compost Barrel (mod Compost)
* Village generation code improved
* Special blocks for dynamically generated structures
* Population limit for villages
* Protection of structures against attacks by destroyers (grifers)
* Simplified Developer Framework Editor
* System of generation of NPC types of the village (based on engine Mobs redo)
* Level system for communal house
* Added NoDrop items to avoid looting of valuable items in structures
* New API
 

User avatar
yzelast
Member
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 01:18
Location: Far Far Away
GitHub: yzelast
In-game: yzelast
 

Sokomine
Member
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v2.0.0-beta] [sociedades]

by Sokomine » Sun Apr 30, 2017 02:57

When exploring a new world with the latest sociedades version, I found many abandoned villages out of stone first. They looked very good with those paths. A bit further away the straw roofs of some huts shone through the leaves. The cobble/dirt paths and the new 3d straw floors look very nice. The locals did not speak any language I knew - but they where able to show me what materials they wanted. Placement of the flag for the community center was easier this time. The yellow marker was very helpful. It just disappeared too fast. Can you make it stay longer?

The friendly villagers had very nice furniture items inside their houses and sold items there. Trading worked fine.

After a while the villagers tried to attack me. At least it looked like that. They did not cause any dammage. And they did not talk to me anymore either. The community center did not offer anything to build anymore. All I did was accidently place some leftover grass in one house and digging it immediately after.

The stone paths seem to expand on their own. The villages look very nice. Thanks for the updates! I hope to be able to deal with the villagers again...else I'll have to find another settlement :/ It was just some accidentally placed grass after all...:)
A list of my mods can be found here.
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v2.0.0-beta] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Sun Apr 30, 2017 04:06

Sokomine wrote:When exploring a new world with the latest sociedades version, I found many abandoned villages out of stone first.

I could not get the same results. I have not tested much yet, but with 3-5 minutes of flying I got the following results:
Mapgen v6 - 1/3 abandoned (30%)
Mapgen v7 - 0/6 (0%)
If this ratio is correct, it does not seem to me a big problem. Could you show more information about your test?

Sokomine wrote:The locals did not speak any language I knew

This mod is already fully translated into English. (use intllib)

Sokomine wrote:The yellow marker was very helpful. It just disappeared too fast. Can you make it stay longer?

I also noticed this on my tests. I will correct this parameter.

Sokomine wrote:After a while the villagers tried to attack me. At least it looked like that. They did not cause any dammage. And they did not talk to me anymore either. The community center did not offer anything to build anymore. All I did was accidently place some leftover grass in one house and digging it immediately after.

Was the block within the area of the structure? Theoretically, it's okay to build around.


Sokomine wrote:hope to be able to deal with the villagers again

You can stop being a village enemy after about 2 minutes. Or reopen the world/server.

Thanks for the help with your tests.
 

Sokomine
Member
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v2.0.0-beta] [sociedades]

by Sokomine » Mon May 01, 2017 03:39

BrunoMine wrote:I could not get the same results. I have not tested much yet, but with 3-5 minutes of flying I got the following results:
Mapgen v6 - 1/3 abandoned (30%)
Mapgen v7 - 0/6 (0%)
If this ratio is correct, it does not seem to me a big problem. Could you show more information about your test?

It was just a single world. There seemed to be a lot of abandoned settlements in that one area where I spawned. But that wasn't really a problem - the ruins fit nicely into the landscape and where not boring at all. I was just afraid that the Sunos might have died out.

BrunoMine wrote:This mod is already fully translated into English. (use intllib)

Aaah! Thanks. Now I can understand the locals :-)

BrunoMine wrote:You can stop being a village enemy after about 2 minutes. Or reopen the world/server.

It was an accidentally placed grass node. I placed it and digged it immediately. Admittedly it's tricky for the villagers to distinguish that from stealing parts of their houses. It's good that they pay attention. I'm glad that they're so forgiving. Today they allowed me to expand their village to 51 inhabitants. All worked nicely this time. The only remaining trouble was that villagers sometimes spawned/got stuck halfway inside walls. And I have no idea how the upgrade system works. But the villages are very decorative and great to have in the game. Hope the locals will talk more :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine
 

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
 
Posts: 2507
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v2.1.0] [sociedades]

by TumeniNodes » Fri Jun 16, 2017 03:03

I love this Bruno, hope you have not forgotten about it : )
I'm not your buddy, guy...
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v2.2.0-beta] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Mon Jan 08, 2018 22:15

Ok, finaly ... beta tests for v2.2.0
All the upgrades refer only to the Sunos societie.
* Added more human behavior to sunos NPCs through the advanced_npc API;
* Added structure building system to take some time;
* Added music box;
* Improved textures;
* Updating API scripts;
* New dynamics of structures;
* Code improvements in many ways.

About the update in the world
All structures except houses and taverns will be abandoned, so you can rebuild them. Sorry.

For now it will be a unstable version because it uses another unstable mod (advanced_npc).
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v3.0.+] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Fri Jun 29, 2018 17:54

v3.0.0 released!
Basic change log
  • Reorganization of the API
  • Texture enhancements
  • New items
  • New structures
  • New NPC management system

Structures will be slightly deformed in minetest versions less than 0.5.0
 

Sokomine
Member
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v3.0.0] [sociedades]

by Sokomine » Sun Jul 01, 2018 23:42

The mobs seem to hide. I havn't found a single settlement/village yet :-( Is there any way to increase probability of finding one?
A list of my mods can be found here.
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v3.0.0] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Mon Jul 02, 2018 00:47

There are two ways to make it easier.
Use a flat mapgen.
Use teleport. One way to quickly search for a favorable region is to place the final coordinate at 1000 and then change a number.
Example:
/teleport 9000 20 1000
/teleport 9000 20 2000
/teleport 9000 20 3000
...
Once you find a green plateau, fly into it and you will have a good chance.
 

User avatar
SAMIAMNOT
Member
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 00:51
Location: Desert
In-game: notanewbie

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v3.0.0] [sociedades]

by SAMIAMNOT » Tue Aug 07, 2018 17:22

Looks interesting, I'll check this mod out!
I test mines.
 

User avatar
BillyS
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 17:10
Location: By my computer
GitHub: Billy-S
IRC: BillyS
In-game: BillyS

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v3.0.0] [sociedades]

by BillyS » Tue Aug 07, 2018 19:09

How?
HOW THE HECK DID YOU WRITE A MOD THIS AMAZING?!?!
I have NEVER found a mod with this level of detail and work put into it. If I could, I'd give this 10 out of 5 stars. Completely amazing.
<SHAMELESS PLUG> Play on my server Blocky Survival! It's unique! </SHAMELESS PLUG>
 

User avatar
SAMIAMNOT
Member
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 00:51
Location: Desert
In-game: notanewbie

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v3.0.0] [sociedades]

by SAMIAMNOT » Thu Aug 09, 2018 00:48

I'm noticing that there are far too many villages, leaving me with nowhere to build unless I literally climb the highest mountain.
I test mines.
 

User avatar
acidzebra
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 09:11

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v3.0.0] [sociedades]

by acidzebra » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:59

Absolutely fantastic mod, I love how it adds extra life to the world and they'll just do their own thing.

When you become an enemy (accidentally hit one or dig their structures), does that reset over time?
They don't seem to be very forgiving :)

Image
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v3.0.0] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Sun Aug 19, 2018 14:48

acidzebra wrote:When you become an enemy (accidentally hit one or dig their structures), does that reset over time?
They don't seem to be very forgiving :)

You have to wait 5 minutes or reopen the world.

Nice screenshot :)
 

Previous

Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests