[Mod] Simple teleporters [easyporter]

qwertymine3
GitHub: Qwertymine
In-game: qwertymine3

[Mod] Simple teleporters [easyporter]

by qwertymine3 » Post

This is a simple teleporter mod with no GUI.
How to use:
Place 4 nodes of one material surrounding the portal block (in and out portal), to set the type of portal.
The in portal requires no further actions, but the out portal must be right-clicked before it will work.

The in portal will teleport the player to the out portal surrounded by the same node.
There can be any number of in portals for every out portal.

Crafting

Code: Select all

-- In portal (Enterance)
default:diamond default:mese         default:diamond
default:diamond default:mese_crystal default:diamond

-- Out portal (Exit)
default:diamond default:mese         default:diamond
-- Depends = Default (crafting)
-- License = MIT
-- Download = https://github.com/Qwertymine/easyporte ... master.zip
-- Github = https://github.com/Qwertymine/easyporter

TheReaperKing

Re: [Mod] Simple teleporters [easyporter]

by TheReaperKing » Post

This is an awesome idea!! I love the simplicity but functionality, thank you!
Become A Real Life Superhero - http://SuperheroHill.com
Project Lead of the Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing - http://Doom3Coop.com
Project Lead of Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker - http://SandboxGameMaker.com
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/PlatinumArtsKids

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

+1
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

qwertymine3

by qwertymine3 » Post

Released!

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Interesting idea. Would it be possible to add bidirectional teleporters, so it's not required to set up two teleporter stations on each side? It is indeed helpful to teleport to common places by creating an in-portal in front of your house to get easily to the wanted destination, but backwards isn't that easy, as the area will be most likely protected there.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

qwertymine3

by qwertymine3 » Post

Krock wrote:Interesting idea. Would it be possible to add bidirectional teleporters, so it's not required to set up two teleporter stations on each side? It is indeed helpful to teleport to common places by creating an in-portal in front of your house to get easily to the wanted destination, but backwards isn't that easy, as the area will be most likely protected there.
Can you explain what you mean by this?
If portals were bi-directional, you would have to set up a portal at each end, so it still wouldn't get around the issue of protected areas.
Also it means that you lose the ability to connect to an 'out portal' from anywhere, as the node type doesn't identify a single position anymore.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Krock wrote:Interesting idea. Would it be possible to add bidirectional teleporters, so it's not required to set up two teleporter stations on each side? It is indeed helpful to teleport to common places by creating an in-portal in front of your house to get easily to the wanted destination, but backwards isn't that easy, as the area will be most likely protected there.
This feature may be achieved with the slightly more advanced mod telemosaic, which was written by bendeutsch but he hasn't been around for a while. I added some features.

Otter
GitHub: InfiniteOtter
In-game: Otter

by Otter » Post

This is really nice and simple. I liked it so much that for my first mod attempt, I just modded your mod for my own use. I wanted to go really low tech, so I renamed it 'fairyring." To make an in portal you leave the center empty and fill the crafting blocks with red mushrooms. To make an out portal you do the same with brown mushrooms. I directed the images to "flowers. The new version has an additional dependency on "flowers." Other than that it is mostly unchanged. If you don't mind I would post my version of it, but I feel bad about doing so without your okay since it is a total rip off of your mod.

qwertymine3

by qwertymine3 » Post

Otter wrote:This is really nice and simple. I liked it so much that for my first mod attempt, I just modded your mod for my own use. I wanted to go really low tech, so I renamed it 'fairyring." To make an in portal you leave the center empty and fill the crafting blocks with red mushrooms. To make an out portal you do the same with brown mushrooms. I directed the images to "flowers. The new version has an additional dependency on "flowers." Other than that it is mostly unchanged. If you don't mind I would post my version of it, but I feel bad about doing so without your okay since it is a total rip off of your mod.
Feel free to post it:

However, if it does not add anything to this mod, I don't think that it would be worth your time to do so (making a pretty post, answering questions, maintaining it, etc...).
If you just want people to enjoy it, maybe just drop a link to it in a post on this topic.

Otter

by Otter » Post

I have been doing quite a bit of testing and your mod works smoothly and causes no conflicts that I have seen so far. After I make a ring of mushrooms graphic for it, I will do as you advise and link it in this topic.

Otter

by Otter » Post

Here is the modification for the simple teleporters to be low tech and high fantasy.
fairyring.zip
(3.86 KiB) Downloaded 73 times