[Modpack] Help [1.4.3] [doc]

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Modpack] Help [1.2.0] [doc]

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.2.0 released! Just another small update.

Changelog:
Documentation System [doc] 1.1.0
  • The strange “blob” notification sound (and message, if you have central_message active) which occours whenever a new entry got revealed can now be disabled manually with a checkbox in the “Category list” tab
  • This notification is disabled by default
Reason: I think this sound can be a bit irritating and its meaning is not obvious.

u19503

by u19503 » Post

wuzzy wuld it be posible to use textures for the gui instead of those boring gray boxes with gradiants XD
(that wuld incrase the cwality of this mod to over 9000!!!!!)

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Good idea! I chose the gray style because it's the Minetest Game style.
Development of this mod is on ice for a while. But I keep this in mind.

Wuzzy

Version 1.2.1 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.2.1 of the modpack got released.

This updates doc_items (new version 1.1.1) to fix two bugs:
  • Fix liquid information not being displayed for liquids anymore
  • Fix information about block bounciness, disabled jumping from block and climbable blocks not being displayed anymore

bell07
GitHub: bell07

Re: [Modpack] Help [1.2.1] [doc]

by bell07 » Post

I like especially the revealed items logic from this mod and did an deep integration it to the smart_inventory's crafting page. To keep the overview for relevant recipes only, the inventory shows recipes craftable with revealed items only if doc_items mod is found.
My daughter asked me if it is possible to get a "shared knowledge" in reveal database, so if we play with 3 person the same world and one of us reveal an item, the other players should get it revealed too.

@Wuzzy, how is the best way to get this requirement solved? Is it possble to get a "Team"-Support for items revealing?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Well, of course it is possible, but you're on your own. I don't wish to add such a feature into this modpack, it feels too specialized, I would also have to somehow support “team” logic which would blow up the complexity.
But I think with the current API it could be possible to implement this in a separat mod because you can already reveal and query the revealed status of every player and entry.
Oh, wait, but there's not on_reveal callback. Oops!

But to be honest I have some other plans with this mod, like improving usability, also adding more help categories and more. I also have planned some additional reveal features, like reveal groups (if you reveal entry X, you will also automatically reveal entries Y and Z) and more.
But currently this mod is mostly frozen because of MCL2.

Maybe I'll check out smart_inventory one day. This mod looks very massive. Of course I've added this mod to the list.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Agree this special optional smart_inventory related requirement I need to do by self. I just asked for recommendation how I can do it. The "on_reveal" callback would be fine so I can write an "doc_revealed_team" mod ;-)

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Just for reference: I enhanced the doc support in smart_inventory. Now an page exists if the doc mod is found
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16597&p=288651#p288651

xianjiro

by xianjiro » Post

Hello. Downloaded Minetest today and started exploring. (BTW, never played Minecraft, so I'm new to this type of game.)

I was attracted to this modpack since I'm colorblind and am having troubling figuring out what a given block is. I thought it would appear in my Inventory, but no such luck (that I could see and other blocks were appearing there).

Anyway, tried to download from http://playmaniax.free.fr/doc1.2.1.zip and get "ERREUR 404 - Document non trouvé". Suggestions? Help locating this will be much appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I have uploaded on a different server, hopefully it works this time.

Does anybody know a fast way to contact jp / kilbith? I don't have contact data.

xianjiro

by xianjiro » Post

ok, found it at http://holzgolz23.byethost13.com/games/ ... c1.2.1.zip and no problems this time. Thanks!

xianjiro

by xianjiro » Post

btw, wanted to say thanks for the mod - don't need it quite as much now, but it sure helped me break into playing the game. Thanks!

bell07

by bell07 » Post

I have a small improvement proposal for doc_items:

Code: Select all

diff --git a/init.lua b/init.lua
index ec1bbf9..e77f908 100644
--- a/init.lua
+++ b/init.lua
@@ -1350,6 +1350,16 @@ minetest.register_on_punchnode(function(pos, node, puncher, pointed_thing)
        local playername = puncher:get_player_name()
        if playername ~= nil and playername ~= "" and node ~= nil then
                reveal_item(playername, node.name)
+               local inv = minetest.get_inventory({type="node", pos=pos})
+               if inv then
+                       for _, list in pairs(inv:get_lists()) do
+                               for _, stack in ipairs(list) do
+                                       if not stack:is_empty() then
+                                               reveal_item(playername, stack:get_name())
+                                       end
+                               end
+                       end
+               end
        end
 end)
Using this patch all items in an chest or similar node inventory is revealed if the node was punched.

Previous Idea was to reveal all content on look into the chest, but there is no minetest.register_on_rightclick() callback :-(

There is an inaccuracy about the locked chests. The mod does not check if the player is allowed to look into the chest, but it is ok for me to let the player to take a quick look to the locked chests for items reveal.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Good idea, but I reject this particular implementation. For this to work, the doc mod needs to know something about one of the mods which depend in it (the mod which adds the chests, in particular). This is of course bad.
Also, it's not good you can reveal stuff even from locked chests. The contents of locked chests is supposed to be secret.

Automatic reveals in the doc mod should only be granted for simple engine events (like punches).

A better way to implement this is in the mod which adds the chest in the first place. The API of the doc mod allows you to arbitrarily reveal any entry. This also means you actually can use on_rightclick (of the chest).

So, I could probably add this into MineClone 2 (low priority).

bell07

by bell07 » Post

You are right, the first attempt was a hack. Thanks for lead me to the right way: https://github.com/bell07/minetest-doc_reveal_chest
An own mod that overrides the on_rightclick for default:chest only.
I do not like to start own topic for this mod, but you can add them to the list for reference, or just take over if you like.
The license I selected the same: MIT.

Hamlet
IRC: H4mlet
In-game: Hamlet

by Hamlet » Post

@Wuzzy

First, thank you for this remarkably useful mod; it should be bundled in the Minetest Game.

I've cloned it on GitHub, and then:

- added the Italian localisation files
- added the missing template.txt (where missing)

The URL is https://github.com/H4mlet/doc
The master branch is the vanilla 1.2.1
The dev branch (default one) has my commits

I have spotted some minor issues, here is the list:
Spoiler
/doc_basics/init.lua @ 479 - missing i18n marker

/doc_basics/locale/template.txt
@ 27: localization doesn't work for some reason
@ 80: orphan ) at original string's endline
@ 115: orphan ) at original string's endline
@ 149: "equal or less" or "more or less" ?
@ 154: typo "proeprty"
@ 157: "If the a difference"
@ 159: "The wear per mined block determined" missing "is"?
@ 177: "A long it is" or "As long it is"?
@ 180: missing closing ) at original string's endline
@ 392: orphan word "blocks."
My repositories: Codeberg.org | My ContentDB's page

Wuzzy

Re: [Modpack] Help [1.2.2] [doc]

by Wuzzy » Post

I have released version 1.2.2 of this modpack.
Updates:
  • Replaced the word “subgame” with “game”
  • Fix some minor documentation mistakes
  • Clean up some legacy code
  • Lookup Tool: If rightclickable nodes are rightclicked, their rightclick action takes precendence over the tool. This makes it possible to e.g. place this tool into item frames

Hi Hamlet! I have fixed the typos you reported and included your Italian translation in the repository (not part of the release yet), but it needs updating, because of the typo fixes and the rename from “subgame” to “game”.
Sorry for the long wait, but I was busy with other stuff.
@ 27: localization doesn't work for some reason
This was because the string contained an equals sign (in the URL) which was not escaped. Equals signs must be escaped with “\=” if they are part of the string.
Don't worry, I have created a fresh template.txt. And my version of intllib (tools/findlua.lua) properly escapes equals sign already. I suggest you update your intllib.
@ 149: "equal or less" or "more or less" ?
“equal or less” was intentional.

Hamlet
IRC: H4mlet
In-game: Hamlet

by Hamlet » Post

Wuzzy wrote:[...]Hi Hamlet! I have fixed the typos you reported and included your Italian translation in the repository (not part of the release yet), but it needs updating, because of the typo fixes and the rename from “subgame” to “game”.
Sorry for the long wait, but I was busy with other stuff.[...]
Hi Wuzzy, don't worry: real life comes first.

About the Italian translation, I am not going to update it - do not get me wrong: I did not took this decision against you, it is against the file format; I should manually check 198 (multiple) lines for any update - be it a period or a comma - then manually copy and paste the translation from the old file, then again review the translated entries. And minetest_doc_game's would be other 249 lines, most of which split on 5/10 lines.

Seriously, no. I am not going to translate anymore anything that does not allow to use .po files, I am sorry.

---edit
[irony]As they would say at Oxford or Cambridge "The shit hit the fan".[/irony]
My repositories: Codeberg.org | My ContentDB's page

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

I'm having this problem with overlapping words in the upper right corner of the screen.
Attachments
Captura de tela de 2018-04-20 17-05-13.png
Captura de tela de 2018-04-20 17-05-13.png (51.5 KiB) Viewed 1934 times

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Found a small bug using qa_block check for globals.
The "permaflametext" in doc_minetest_game/helptexts.lua should be local.

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Post

Wuzzy wrote: (...)

Download and stuff
(...)
Wuzzy, download link you provided keeps redirecting me to some ugly sites, like fake advertisement pages with scripts that acquire telemarketing data to later use them illegally (or to the download page for some application). It is obvious that services that are allegedly advertised on these websites do no exist. Some of these websites suggest that if you enter your phone number, you will get access to sexual services. Other pages contain scripts that try to block the closing of the browser window and install suspicious exe files.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

New download link available.

I shall seek out a new hoster in the next weeks.

parasite

by parasite » Post

Wuzzy wrote:New download link available.
Thanks a lot!
Wuzzy wrote:I shall seek out a new hoster in the next weeks.
I suspect that most of the host services sign contracts for redirect with just anybody (no wonder everyone wants to earn something), so it's difficult to predict where you can certainly not find such a crap like above...

If I am allowed to ask, why do not you use a public git repo (like github, notabug, bitbucket ..) in this case?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

This actually is hosted on a Git repository, here:
http://repo.or.cz/minetest_doc_modpack.git

Click on the link and read the README. This is a special repository with 5 submodules, so there's no simple download link for that.

parasite

by parasite » Post

Wuzzy wrote:This actually is hosted on a Git repository, here:
http://repo.or.cz/minetest_doc_modpack.git
Oh great! Somehow I missed that!
Wuzzy wrote:Click on the link and read the README.
You got there broken link. If you click on it, it will not work, at least in firefox browser. Fortunately, you used the real URL as text instead of, for example, "click here". That text says: " https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Submodules " but it links to "http://repo.or.cz/minetest_doc_modpack. ... submodules" (which gives 400 error page of course).
Wuzzy wrote:.. so there's no simple download link for that.
What about zip snapshot of tree? (repo.or.cz/minetest_doc_modpack.git/snapshot/HEAD.zip) But I guess this is more complicated... as I understood, this modpack is not a single project, but a few different ones, right?

Anyway, it's a great idea to create a help system and I'm impressed by the amount of work you've done (and you still carry) to make it work. Thank you for updating the link! Downloaded ;-)