AiTechEye
GitHub: AiTechEye

[Mod] Mesecon Technology V3.2 [mesetec]

by AiTechEye » Post

License: code: LGPL-2.1, media: CC BY-SA-4.0
Depends: default, mesecons
Source
Download

This mod adds some extra and usefull mesecons stuff.

Player teleport / Player teleport target
send a mesecon singnal to a "Player teleport" block, then to a "Player teleport target" to move players/objects near the teleportblock to the target.

Mese teleport / mese teleport target
right click a "Mese teleport" and choose a position of a "Mese teleport target" then press save.
or punch a "Mese teleport target" with a "Mese teleport target controler" and use to send a singnal (if its not protected from you)

if there are no position selected will the "Mese teleport" block automatically choose your position.
every singnal to the "Mese teleport" will be sent to the "Mese teleport target"
default distance: 30

Object detector
It detects all kinds of object/entitys (except players) and sends a singnal, or choose kind of entity/object to detect

Mese hack tool
it can send a signal to every mesecon node by punch it (if its not protected from you)

Codelock
the placer can always choose a code to use, and will automacly show in the form when the placer clicks it.
the placer can also code a kaycard (place on a codelock) instead of use the form.
the card will only work with the placers codelocks with same code (the card saves owners name and code)

Mese damage
hurts when active (2 hp/s)

Mese ladder
climbable when active

Mese oxygen
drowning when active (like water)

Light check
Check exact light level

Delayer
Longer delays gate

Node switch
Replace two nodes with each other

In V3.1 - 3.2:
fixed nodeswitch
Fixed node switch glitch
fixed dummy image
Attachments
screenshot_20161202_122310.jpg
screenshot_20161202_122310.jpg (418.42 KiB) Viewed 1756 times
Last edited by AiTechEye on Sat Dec 29, 2018 18:40, edited 16 times in total.

Tmanyo
GitHub: Tmanyo
IRC: Tmanyo
In-game: tmanyo

Re: [Mod] Mesecon Technology 0.7 [mesetec]

by Tmanyo » Post

Looks pretty cool.
Tmanyo
http://www.rrhmsservers.ml
Servers I Host:
Tmanyo-Realism
Mods of mine that I don't totally hate:
Bank Accounts
T-Rating
Tmusic Player

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

I have a few questions about the teleporters..

So I have multiple player teleporters and receivers wired up so that they should go off at the same time, and teleport all players. However, the teleporters seems to be biased as they only teleport one player, with the order of connect being the priority. Even though multiple teleporters and receivers go off at the same time.

So my question is, how can I make a multi player batch teleporter?

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

...found the error :-)
But:
It was meant to move all players around a "teleporter" at same time.

the players will be moved to any target thet become activated after a teleport (1 time)

jakab
IRC: jakab
In-game: jakab

Re: [Mod] Mesecon Technology V1 [mesetec]

by jakab » Post

the mese teleporter simply doesent working

AiTechEye

Re: [Mod] Mesecon Technology V1.1 [mesetec]

by AiTechEye » Post

You have to choose the position of a "Mese teleport target", where are a distance lime, (25 i think)
it wlll choose you position if the pos not are set.

but anyways that player teleport will teleport all objects around it, not only players

christoferlevich
GitHub: ChristoferL

by christoferlevich » Post

How do I lock anything using the codelock?

Nevermind - I feel stupid now. LOL You illustrated it in the screen shots. I'll be testing this for educational use... is there a keyboard for text in the works?
everything can be a learning experience...

AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Post

what i remember it should be the 0-9 numbers buttons, and you should be able to type the letters from your keyboard in the box, and use cards on the lock like keys

Brackston
GitHub: Brackstons
IRC: Brackston
In-game: Brackston

by Brackston » Post

Will there be more work done on this mod?
I found it to be a very nice addition to mesecons. We have a problem; every time the object detector is placed it crashes the server.
I am not the server admin, but I will ask him to give us any debug info he might have.
the server is running the latest version 4.16
I hope we do not have to remove it.

Thank you,
Brackston

AiTechEye

Re: [Mod] Mesecon Technology V2 [mesetec]

by AiTechEye » Post

fixed, missing "." in node timers ...

+Light check, check exact light level
+Delayer, longer delays gate (imported from portalgun)

AiTechEye

Re: [Mod] Mesecon Technology V3 [mesetec]

by AiTechEye » Post

The new node switch remainds of pistons, but instead of mess with them, that only can move blocks farward or front/back, this can switch them, like a block teleporter with its full metadata.

this makes it also possible to move blocks like chests filled of stuff

you can place 2 nodes to replace with each other, or place one and punch somewhere to switch the block with air.

It cant move nodes with the item group liquid, like water and lava for safety's sake
Metadata is added to the nodes to move, so it wont move if something else replacing the nodes in somehow

Attachments
screenshot_20170919_220512.png
screenshot_20170919_220512.png (879.93 KiB) Viewed 1756 times

choco
In-game: choco

Re: [Mod] Mesecon Technology V3 [mesetec]

by choco » Post

i think it will be a great mod haven't tried it yet (:

ulla
GitHub: IIIullaIII
IRC: ulla
In-game: ulla

Re: [Mod] Mesecon Technology V3.2 [mesetec]

by ulla » Post

hi i have error with keypasword

Code: Select all

2020-04-27 19:11:52: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'mesetec' in callback environment_Step(): Invalid position (expected table got nil).                                                                                                                                                    
2020-04-27 19:11:52: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:                                                                                                                   
2020-04-27 19:11:52: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'get_meta'                                                                                                  
2020-04-27 19:11:52: ERROR[Main]:       /root/.minetest/mods/mesetec/misc.lua:2: in function 'form2'                                                                 
2020-04-27 19:11:52: ERROR[Main]:       /root/.minetest/mods/mesetec/init.lua:140: in function 'func'                                                                
2020-04-27 19:11:52: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:18: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:4>    
2020-04-27 19:11:52: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:419: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:399>                                                                                                                                                                    
2020-04-27 19:11:52: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'get_meta'                                                                                                  
2020-04-27 19:11:52: ERROR[Main]:       /root/.minetest/mods/mesetec/misc.lua:2: in function 'form2'                                                                 
2020-04-27 19:11:52: ERROR[Main]:       /root/.minetest/mods/mesetec/init.lua:140: in function 'func'                                                                
2020-04-27 19:11:52: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:18: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/common/after.lua:4>    
2020-04-27 19:11:52: ERROR[Main]:       /usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:419: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:399>                                                                                                                                                                    
X4cna2d4UqsiawIzUumDgPoYNx3JLGII

runs

by runs » Post

This mod is abandoned.

This mod does Petz crash. I report that bug 2 years ago and no answer.

Please, send this to the old abandoned mods section.

runs

by runs » Post

This mod should be considered as a "virus". For Petz at least.

PD: said without acrimony.