[Mod] Other Worlds [other_worlds]

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [Mod] Other Worlds [other_worlds]

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

damn! this is such a good mod that i lost my words!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

TumeniNodes, if you use the simple skybox option of just specifying a RGB colour for the whole sky it can be altered fairly smoothly with time, i did this in my snowdrift mod for an overcast sky that gets dark at night. Maybe the code will help with your own switching viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6854

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

paramat wrote:TumeniNodes, if you use the simple skybox option of just specifying a RGB colour for the whole sky it can be altered fairly smoothly with time, i did this in my snowdrift mod for an overcast sky that gets dark at night. Maybe the code will help with your own switching viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6854
Nice, thank you.
I'll look into this now.
You want a good laugh? When I was trying different ways to use the skybox with textures, I even tried giving them an alpha channel thinking I might still be able to see the clouds, sun and moon through them :P
I did see mention of using a "plane" on irrlicht forums a while back but never found out how to access the plane or any info regarding it. Not sure if it would be the small plane Minetest uses for sunset (which I have changed a few times but always revert back to the original)
I will stop filling up shara's thread with this unrelated stuff and I'll make a new post for this stuff later down the road
A Wonderful World

Shara
GitHub: ezhh
IRC: Shara

by Shara » Post

Added an option to enable player gravity changes while in space. This is off by default, but can be changed in the settings file for the mod.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Yay! Now for more space!
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

linushsao
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

by linushsao » Post

awesome...how do you make the .png of skybox? any tools could make it?
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

Shara

by Shara » Post

I didn't make this one myself. A link to the original images is included in the mod if you check license information. If you spend some time searching online you should find other skyboxes like it. I didn't keep links to others I found, but there were some nice ones available under licences that allow them to be used. I didn't come across any tools for making them that took my fancy, so can't give you advice on that.

jakab
IRC: jakab
In-game: jakab

by jakab » Post

it is only works with 4.14 ? i have the newest one and this happend: (chek the file)
Attachments
black sky ...
black sky ...
screenshot_20170203_101758.png (15.1 KiB) Viewed 1369 times

Shara

by Shara » Post

Hi jakab, you're teleporting too high.

Regular space is 5000 to 6000.
RedSky region is 6000 to 7000.

7000+ is set to "blackness", which seems to be what you're seeing here, and no asteroids will appear at this height. It's basically a reserved space where someone who knows a bit about mods can add their own custom layers.

xeranas

by xeranas » Post

On creativity mod I jump of meteor and fall for quite some time. Once landed huge black shadow appeared on lake, I guess its meteor shadow. It is it expected behavior?

Also sometimes I do get not enough memory error.

Code: Select all

2018-02-24 16:30:17: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer [127.0.0.1] joins game. 
2018-02-24 16:30:17: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer joins game. List of players: singleplayer
2018-02-24 16:31:24: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: finishGenOOM error from mod 'other_worlds' in callback environment_OnGenerated(): not enough memory
2018-02-24 16:31:24: ERROR[Main]: Current Lua memory usage: 410 MB
2018-02-24 16:31:24: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players: 

Shara

by Shara » Post

I believe the shadow would be a general MT issue; it's not specific to this mod. If you don't fall from the asteroid all the way to the ground, then it shouldn't happen.

Lua OOM errors are sadly a general risk from mods that handle mapgen in this way. however, OOM errors seem rare enough that it isn't a serious concern. I've run the mod on a busy server since before its public release, and only ever had one or two OOM errors a month from this mod. It seems to happen only when it generates the largest asteroids. How often is it happening for you?

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

xeranas wrote:On creativity mod I jump of meteor and fall for quite some time. Once landed huge black shadow appeared on lake, I guess its meteor shadow. It is it expected behavior?

Also sometimes I do get not enough memory error.

Code: Select all

2018-02-24 16:30:17: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer [127.0.0.1] joins game. 
2018-02-24 16:30:17: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer joins game. List of players: singleplayer
2018-02-24 16:31:24: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: finishGenOOM error from mod 'other_worlds' in callback environment_OnGenerated(): not enough memory
2018-02-24 16:31:24: ERROR[Main]: Current Lua memory usage: 410 MB
2018-02-24 16:31:24: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players: 
Hi,

try to use "mapfix" mod... this problem appear also with worldedit and others mods... See the latest images in the bottom of this page....

viewtopic.php?t=10662

I hope you could have been useful....

R

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

xeranas wrote:On creativity mod I jump of meteor and fall for quite some time. Once landed huge black shadow appeared on lake, I guess its meteor shadow. It is it expected behavior?
It's expected but avoidable, there is a bool in the luavoxelmanip API that can stop shadows propagating down past a particular y value, it should be used in the lua mapgen that creates the upper realms.

See https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... .txt#L4203
Set the bool to false only for any single layer of mapchunks you want shadows to stop at.

Often you can avoid OOM by using normal Lua instead of LuaJIT, or, compile LuaJIT with something called 'GC64' that avoids these OOM errors.

IanniPowerup!!!
In-game: IanniPowerup

by IanniPowerup!!! » Post

I can not find space or red space in my new world .
I got 1000+ blocks up and nothing

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

IanniPowerup!!! wrote:I can not find space or red space in my new world .
I got 1000+ blocks up and nothing
Shara wrote: Regular space is 5000 to 6000.
RedSky region is 6000 to 7000.

7000+ is set to "blackness", which seems to be what you're seeing here, and no asteroids will appear at this height. It's basically a reserved space where someone who knows a bit about mods can add their own custom layers.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

michael314

by michael314 » Post

How does one use this mod? I have installed lots of mods that create new items, but this one apparently creates new terrain. Does this have to be used to create a new map somehow? Can you use it with an existing map where it would overwrite anything that happened to be at 5000-7000 high (which is probably all air anyway)?

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

This should work with any existing worlds. You will likely have never traveled up that high so the mapgen will never have generated the air up that high. If for some reason you did every travel up that high this mod will not generate anything there.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

malah

by malah » Post

Is it possible to add a option to disable the skybox? I think I have some mod conflicting with it (snowdrift)

Shara

by Shara » Post

A better approach would be if the mods were compatible. If the issue is weather, do you need weather to be active once you are in space?

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

Yes that would be the responsibility of snowdrift to not set the skybox above a certain y.

Shara

by Shara » Post

I'd be more than happy to make any adjustments that might help in other_worlds as well. It would be nice if mods that adjusted the skybox played better with each other in general.

Adm_Nemo
In-game: Adm_Nemo

by Adm_Nemo » Post

Great mod! I was wondering though: would it be possible to set gravity, say, on a scale of 1 to 10, instead of a binary setting?

Shara

by Shara » Post

Are you looking to customise the actual gravity values or have them vary within a layer?

The way it currently works is that gravity is set per layer, along with the skyboxes, so the gravity in the Outer Space layer is constant through that layer, but different from the gravity in the Red Space layer.

Adm_Nemo
In-game: Adm_Nemo

by Adm_Nemo » Post

Shara wrote:The way it currently works is that gravity is set per layer, along with the skyboxes
Oh! ok, I didn't notice that. I was trying to edit the gravity values, but I was only looking at the settings file.
The gravity settings are in the skybox file.

Sorry, I'm new to this whole modding thing lol

Shara

by Shara » Post

No need for a sorry. Please always feel free to ask any questions you have about the mods you find here.