[Mod] Digtron tunnel boring/building machine [digtron]

Heraclitus

Re: [Mod] Digtron tunnel boring/building machine [digtron]

by Heraclitus » Sun Jan 06, 2019 02:21

Am I the only one for whom the "extrusion" setting with builder modules seems to do nothing?

I've tried all sorts of values, all sorts of orientations for the builders -- the builder only seems to output one block in the given direction. I'm running Minetest 0.4.17.1 (though I'm pretty sure it didn't work when I had 0.4.16 either). I don't see any errors given -- the setting just seems not to do anything.

Is there something I could be missing? Is there some sort of mod conflict or something that could cause this?

Terrific mod, by the way. I've built tunnels and roads and skyscrapers -- the extrusion capability would just make it a lot more useful.

FaceDeer

GitHub: FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 04:33

Are you using a completely fresh download? I just did a major bit of optimization work that I merged into the master branch yesterday, it shouldn't have changed anything about how the mod worked but I don't think I tested extrusion explicitly. I'll test that now and see if I broke it.

Edit: Yup, extrusion is broken. One moment, I'll fix it.

Edit 2: How embarrassing. I think it was broken for a while now, the work I submitted yesterday didn't touch the spot that was going awry. In any event, though, is now fixed.

BuckarooBanzay

GitHub: thomasrudin-mt
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

by BuckarooBanzay » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:02

FaceDeer wrote:Are you using a completely fresh download? I just did a major bit of optimization work that I merged into the master branch yesterday, it shouldn't have changed anything about how the mod worked but I don't think I tested extrusion explicitly. I'll test that now and see if I broke it.

Edit: Yup, extrusion is broken. One moment, I'll fix it.

Edit 2: How embarrassing. I think it was broken for a while now, the work I submitted yesterday didn't touch the spot that was going awry. In any event, though, is now fixed.

Nice :O
/me pulls

Heraclitus

by Heraclitus » Sun Jan 06, 2019 18:24

THANK YOU! I sincerely appreciate your taking a look at it so quickly. I first tried using extrusion a few months ago (I think) when I tried to design some more sophisticated machines, but I assumed I was doing something wrong. I guess I should have reported it here then.

Anyhow, it seems to work now. No reason to be embarrassed -- as I said, this is a great mod, and before I was able to workaround without extrusion by just making a somewhat more complicated builder. But I wanted to do something that really wouldn't be possible without extrusion, so thanks for fixing it!

DzarTheDemon

In-game: CrystalFox

by DzarTheDemon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 01:17

Umm I downloaded the mod but it doesn't seem to have added the digtron items... I have it in my Minetest_Game mods folder and it is enabled on my worlds so can you tell me what im doing wrong?

Edit: I am also having this issue with Technic, I am not seeing any Technic or Digtron blocks

FaceDeer

GitHub: FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 09:37

My guess would be that Technic has an unsatisfied dependency. Digtron has an optional dependency on Technic (so that it knows how to add Technic-specific nodes such as the battery holder and power cable connector), and I've noticed that Minetest will let dependency failures propagate up through optional dependencies even though it doesn't really make sense for it to do so.

See if you can find debug.txt. It should be in the /bin directory where the Minetest executable is (for version 0.4.16) or in the root Minetest folder (for 5.0). It'll likely have lines like the following in it:

Code: Select all
2019-01-19 02:31:59: ERROR[Main]: mod "technic" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "pipeworks" "technic_worldgen"
2019-01-19 02:31:59: ERROR[Main]: mod "digtron" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "technic"

In this case I deliberately left out the "pipeworks" and "technic_worldgen" dependencies Technic requires, and that caused Technic to fail to load. Which caused Digtron to fail to load, even though it doesn't really need Technic for most of Digtron. Satisfy Technic's dependencies and everything should just work.

DzarTheDemon

by DzarTheDemon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 17:01

Okay, thanks! Turns out I needed the (not so) simple Materials mod. Once I put that in the ole mods folder, *pop!* Instant digtron mechanics! Now to digtron a mineshaft...!
Attachments
screenshot_20190119_115812.png
My new "Drill-x" Digtron! Who hasn't made a digtron that digs straight down?
(317.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet

DzarTheDemon

by DzarTheDemon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 17:33

After playing around with the different parts, I decided to build... A Tank-Car! It moves forward, placing blocks in front of it and picking them back up at the back! It also digs in front of it so you don't have to worry about car crashes, but everyone else make way!!

screenshot_20190119_121946.png
The Tank-Car in it's glory! Also note the fiery dirt from 10+'s Ethereal mod :P
(968.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Edit: There is a kink when it rotates, where it doesn't turn or it leaves behind some track blocks. Is there a way to fix this? (There's an axle in the center of the storage platform for rotating, it's hard to see in this picture.)
Last edited by DzarTheDemon on Sat Jan 19, 2019 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

DzarTheDemon

by DzarTheDemon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 18:15

DzarTheDemon wrote:(There's an axle in the center of the storage platform for rotating, it's hard to see in this picture.)

Here's an updated picture showing all the parts. I did shift the fuel storages, though. Now there's 3 fuels to 5 inventories. Other than that, this revision isn't really different, I just wanted to get a better picture of the car
Attachments
screenshot_20190119_130930.png
The Tank-Car in a desert... Can't think of any flavor text to put here.
(763.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Previous

Return to Mod Releases