[Mod] Cube Nodes [cube_nodes]

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

[Mod] Cube Nodes [cube_nodes]

by Andrey01 » Post

Description

This mod adds colorful blocks with various letters, digits, punctuation, emoji and other symbols on them. New painting machine allows you to put the empty nodes and dye of any color and get the corresponding bunch of nodes with the same color which the put dye has. Also you can select necessary font (currently only normal and italic). The idea may remember the circular saw from moreblocks mod, so it is actually based on that.

Dependencies: bucket, default, dye.

Minimal Supported MT version: 5.5.0.

Code & Media License: MIT.
[20.08.23] The mod is revived. Added painting machine, redrawn all textures & rewritten the whole code.
[02.02.17] Added new blocks and removed craft of all blocks for a error. Browse & Download:
Github

ContentDB
Last edited by Andrey01 on Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:15, edited 6 times in total.

Andrey01

Re: [Mod] Cube Nodes [blocks]

by Andrey01 » Post

New Update!
Added punctuations and removed craft

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

The page is updated

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Updated is first screenshot

Andrey01

Re: [Mod] Cube Nodes [cube_nodes]

by Andrey01 » Post

Soon i will update this mod.Can anybody to tell me anything thing for crafting of blocks?

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Naj wrote:Good idea, I think you should have a look at letters mod. It is very close but with a different approach, providing thin letters that you can put on any node as background.

Letters mod is missing numbers and ponctuation.
Letters mod adds cutting letters, no letters in blocks.Badly don`t add numbers and punctuations there.

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

Andrey01 wrote:
Naj wrote:Good idea, I think you should have a look at letters mod. It is very close but with a different approach, providing thin letters that you can put on any node as background.

Letters mod adds cutting letters, no letters in blocks.Badly don`t add numbers and punctuations there.
Maybe you can try the code of the letter cutter table, but change name to maybe "letter generator" since you did not cut the letter... just generate letter block instead of thin letter inside the table??

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:

Maybe you can try the code of the letter cutter table, but change name to maybe "letter generator" since you did not cut the letter... just generate letter block instead of thin letter inside the table??
Perhaps i will do it.But in fact i want to add Node Machine for manufacture of cube blocks

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Added GitHub

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

This mod looks amazing n_n. I'll download it. Thanks :)
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:This mod looks amazing n_n. I'll download it. Thanks :)
Thanks, but it`not finished. It does even not have crafting of nodes. I think for it, what`s crafting fits better. If i add crafting for all blocks, then i will just become confused in it. I thought it can be better add a node machine, but it appeared hard for me as i am not expert of lua. Maybe have you got some ideas?

ForgiveAndromedalol

Andrey01 wrote:
ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:This mod looks amazing n_n. I'll download it. Thanks :)
Thanks, but it`not finished. It does even not have crafting of nodes. I think for it, what`s crafting fits better. If i add crafting for all blocks, then i will just become confused in it. I thought it can be better add a node machine, but it appeared hard for me as i am not expert of lua. Maybe have you got some ideas?
Nope. I'm like you. I'm not good with *lua at all. I just inspire in minetest wiki tutorials n_n.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:
Nope. I'm like you. I'm not good with *lua at all. I just inspire in minetest wiki tutorials n_n.
Maybe do you think to add the mod in ANDROMEDA server? It would be nice to see my mod at the first time on something server! Only players can not craft the blocks for absence of crafting.

ForgiveAndromedalol

Yes, that's what I'm going to do.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Ruggero wrote:Make an API to register all these nodes, you'll safe hdd space and your code would be more short; Also these are not "english letters" but latin letters.
I`ll try to make it later, but all letters are english actually. Also latin and english are almost same.

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

Ruggero wrote:Make an API to register all these nodes, you'll safe hdd space and your code would be more short;
You know you could try to make PRs, the op is using Github...
Ruggero wrote: Also these are not "english letters" but latin letters.
"English letters" just mean that these letters are the one we use to write English and that's how people is going to call the letters in many countries, not that it means the letters originated from England...

Many non-natives of English language don't even know it is "latin letters" that we're using to write English...

In some languages, they are known as "roman letters", not as "latin letters"...
- Malay : Huruf Rumi (Roman Letters) or Tulisan Rumi (Roman Writing)
- Chinese : 罗马字 / luoma zi (Roman Writing)
- Japanese : ローマ字 / ro-maji (Roman Character)
- Korean : 로마자 / romaja (Roman Letters)

LordVlad
In-game: LordVlad

by LordVlad » Post

I have fixed this mod, added crafts to numbers, letters, faces and characters for anyone want use them....
https://github.com/Pupp3/minetest/blob/ ... e_nodes.7z

Greetings.
Attachments
screenshot_20200508_181346.png
screenshot_20200508_181346.png (97.42 KiB) Viewed 4208 times

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

LordVlad wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 21:45
I have fixed this mod, added crafts to numbers, letters, faces and characters for anyone want use them....
https://github.com/Pupp3/minetest/blob/ ... e_nodes.7z

Greetings.
Thanks for adding the craft recipes, but I`d advise better to fork it, instead adding the mod archive in the separate repo. Also, I saw one user had already forked it with some changes. I plan to add a special mechanism of a crafting, not the common one happening in the crafting grid, it will look like probably the circular saw from more_blocks, but for now I`m not having a spare time and also doing other mod when I find it.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Update #20.08.23

I have revived the mod and made an overhaul of that rewritten the code and redrawn all textures. I also added painting machine for crafting the nodes as the mod didn't even have it before. Relicensed to MIT.

In next releases I wil add more symbols and still one font: bold.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Update #09.09.23

Fixed some bugs with the paint machine and added a set of cube nodes with new symbols (corner, figure brackets, ampersand, email, grid, dollar and some other).

Yona

by Yona » Post

Ill be working to adding another language to the cube_nodes this week, so far its working pretty good. Also will be extending the b3d model adding some type of paint brushes as if the cube was being painted or moved.

It would be cool to see the machine with animations of actually painting the cubes like 3d printer with colors but its not that big of a deal to see it working vs it working via crafting.

Are you planning to add other fonts other than reg and italics? Ill make all 3 reg, italics, bold just in case you add bold to code.

Screenshot from 2023-11-12 09-23-34.png
Screenshot from 2023-11-12 09-23-34.png (252.06 KiB) Viewed 1412 times

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Yona wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 20:47
Ill be working to adding another language to the cube_nodes this week, so far its working pretty good. Also will be extending the b3d model adding some type of paint brushes as if the cube was being painted or moved.

It would be cool to see the machine with animations of actually painting the cubes like 3d printer with colors but its not that big of a deal to see it working vs it working via crafting.

Are you planning to add other fonts other than reg and italics? Ill make all 3 reg, italics, bold just in case you add bold to code.

Screenshot from 2023-11-12 09-23-34.png
I plan to add the bold font and still a few other nodes with new symbols later. Probably, even will visualize the painting process (e.g. a visible cube inside the machine gets painted with a color particles splash).

Yona

by Yona » Post

Ok i forked project and added tsalagi language.

The only issue is the amount of slots for nodes in the paint_machine is at 116 im at 128 so it cuts off each row at 29 and skips 3.

Or rather the formspec srollbaroptions or container is the issue.

Maybe if you added a tabheader for categories to formspec then alot more nodes could be added without scrolling too far, not sure myself.

Screenshot from 2023-11-13 16-45-08.png
Screenshot from 2023-11-13 16-45-08.png (163.19 KiB) Viewed 1298 times