[mod]skybox[skybox]

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [mod]skybox[skybox]

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

It renders very well! Minetest has nice graphics.
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Hi,

this is another beautiful mod! Thanks.... now the levels are much nicer....

many thanks!!

R

cy

by cy » Post

This is absolutely gorgeous. I have to wonder what happens if you pillar up and run into the skybox though.

Are skyboxes spherical, or are they only half spheres? If they're half spheres, you could pair a daytime one with a nighttime one to make a sphere, though blending the boundary would be tricky. Of course the perfect solution is to take your $10,000 high resolution 360 degree camera and photograph the sky at various times of day, then blend those together. The reason I'm asking if they're spherical is you could rotate them as time passes, to make it look like the sun's rising and setting.

Then again, the whole sky changes color as the sun sets, so a rotating spherical skybox wouldn't look like that...

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

cy wrote:This is absolutely gorgeous. I have to wonder what happens if you pillar up and run into the skybox though.
You can't. They are rendered at a fixed distance from the player no matter where the player is.
cy wrote:Are skyboxes spherical, or are they only half spheres? If they're half spheres, you could pair a daytime one with a nighttime one to make a sphere, though blending the boundary would be tricky. Of course the perfect solution is to take your $10,000 high resolution 360 degree camera and photograph the sky at various times of day, then blend those together. The reason I'm asking if they're spherical is you could rotate them as time passes, to make it look like the sun's rising and setting.
They are not spherical. Instead, they are the 6 sides of a cube.

uwu

by uwu » Post

Is there a way to change the skybox depending on time of day globally for all players?
I don't mean blending them, as that is impossible if I read it right. Just hard swap one skybox for another if the time changes from e.g. 17:59 to 18:00.

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

uwu wrote:Is there a way to change the skybox depending on time of day globally for all players?
I don't mean blending them, as that is impossible if I read it right. Just hard swap one skybox for another if the time changes from e.g. 17:59 to 18:00.
Yes

Thsi mod exposes an API that can be used for that purpose. You'll need to write, or find, a mod that does that, though.

uwu

by uwu » Post

Alright, thanks.

Baerbeisser

by Baerbeisser » Post

Uh, Minetest 5.0.1, the sky and background change to default blue after a few seconds.
Any clue why?
The logfile has some warnings about missing dependencies of homedecor, advtrains and ambience, but nothing helpful.

The few seconds it works, its great!

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

Baerbeisser wrote:Uh, Minetest 5.0.1, the sky and background change to default blue after a few seconds.
I'll look into it. Feel free to open a ticket on github for other issues.

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

Baerbeisser wrote:Uh, Minetest 5.0.1, the sky and background change to default blue after a few seconds.
Any clue why?
The logfile has some warnings about missing dependencies of homedecor, advtrains and ambience, but nothing helpful.
I can't reproduce this. Maybe disable other mods (ambience?!) one by one and see which one is interfering with it.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Minetest 5.2, last contend db download
Hi,

I try this beautiful mod with Minetest 5.2 but when I put a sky, it stays for a second, then the normal minetest sky returns....

ScreamingLlama

by ScreamingLlama » Post

This looks great, however, I only get "invalid command: skybox". I have downloaded and put skybox in mod-folder, I also tried download within the game, but still get that its invalid command.

Have I missed something?

EDIT: Oh, I accidentally deselcted instead of select in "Select Mods" that explained stuff. Thank you, it looks amazing! :D

CharlieK

by CharlieK » Post

It could use an upgrade to meet with the latest game, perhaps re-implement day/night cycles and automated startup of the mod after I leave my server.

Edit (I clicked too fast):

It also continues to show the clouds of the game itself regardless of which of the six skyboxes I choose from.