* better swapper inventory
my mods and subgames (ง'̀-'́)ง

theFox
GitHub: theFox6
In-game: theFox

Re: [Mod] new Factory [factory]

by theFox » Post

Edit: vote canceled
Last edited by theFox on Fri Jun 23, 2017 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

Wedzmin

by Wedzmin » Post

Good day!

Sorry, my English is Google translator.

I really like the idea of ​​adding useful devices
For myself, I myself did something similar - but I'm not a programmer and probably done clumsily - but it works =)

In my personal assembly of mods (locally I play, not the server) I did not include various injector, putter, vacuum, ore_generator, etc. Since Did not see in them a great need - I have enough "hoppers"

IMHO, in a giant production is not necessary, and a couple of times per game to throw through the "hopper" a few packs of ore, stone, sand, raw food and fuel, with the throwing of the result into the chest is more than enough.

I'm wildly enthusiastic about "handmill and threshing floor" - this is both true and beautiful and logical =) I would just make a delay more or the process is too fast. And also forbade "manual" recipes for flour production

As in my assembly I added "Anvil" from "Cottage" - at first glance it may seem like cheating - but here you pay not by the expense of materials but by your time ... as for me it is more expensive, but also much more interesting =)

I also really like the idea of ​​a crusher and steam engines, so I added the mod "automation"

I would very much like to see an "addition" in which the current false "steel" tools would become "iron" and weaker and if you want steel then you need a special furnace and with a pipe =)

When I played in the MC I really liked the techno mod:
1) http://minecraft-ru.gamepedia.com/Immersive_Engineering - very high quality atmosphere, naturalness, complex production lines and just very beautiful =)

2) http://rotarycraft.wikia.com/wiki/RotaryCraft_Wiki - for the original idea, an interesting mathematical model and the need to include the head before building something

If I did not tire you with my text - there are a couple of ideas that would be worth doing, (and that's definitely not a conveyor belt), in my humble opinion we do not yet have a normal techno mod, and those who say: "just not the next techno mod" Do not listen to them, they simply do not represent how cool and beautiful it can and should be =)

theFox

by theFox » Post

Those Ideas are not bad for my useful_contraptions mod. Please tell me what is missing there. ;)

Wedzmin

by Wedzmin » Post

Once again a good day =)

My English is still google translator

I'm not a programmer, and I do not understand the architecture of the MT work - so some of the ideas may not seem real, but MT seems to me to be conceived not only for the experience of programmers =)

Everything described below, my personal opinion at the level of the dilatant, including those not familiar with the features of licenses, and in addition the opinion of the deformed Google translator)

At the beginning of a little lyrics that would have become clearer why I offer these or other things, so to speak look at a few steps forward (or my dreams about MT), I think the big part described below does not apply directly to the "new Factory" - but it would significantly expand Would feature:

1) We need a workbench (the "engineer's desk"? - the name does not matter), with field sizes from 5x5 and more. Because of the base field 3x3 which was not designed for such a count of mods, recipes, etc. We have almost every mod - some intermediate ingredients, no longer useless, whose purpose is to increase the cost of the final product and at least somehow separate similar recipes. I'm tired of seeing this bunch of intermediate gears, "layer" and other garbage.

IMHO, the workbench should work in the same logic as repairing the "anvil" from the "cottage"
those. On the field 5x5 + lay out the ingredients in the right order - and knock on them (with a hammer? With a bare hand?) - to get the result in 1 piece you need to knock at least 2 seconds - yes it's not fast and in a couple of seconds you will not get a full stack - if you do not Like to always have a creative mode =)

On good it is necessary several such "workbenches" - on one the stone is processed, on the other tree, and the vertex must have different versions: simple for primitives, and advanced for complex shapes

And now how it relates to the "new Factory":
Do not want to see garbage ingredients
Want complex recipes from the basic components
Want more "natural" crafting process

And more complex: an "advanced" version of a bench (for example a circular saw) - must work from a source of energy (mechanical energy? From windy (which is unlikely to be weak) or a water mill (which is quite authentic)

We (on the forum) already have:
1) Workbenches with a grid more than 3х3 - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3275&hilit=5x5 (maybe there are other analogues, the theme is not new)

2) "advanced workbenches" (without an energy source)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10425&hilit=mymillwork
Don has done a lot of work on this site, for the sake of brevity, only the mod name without links, and only those that I myself use (a complete list of his works (http://donbatman.github.io/mymods.html):
Mybricks, mycorners, mydeck, myholeinthewall, mymeshnodes, mymillwork

To the same category "Circular Saw" from mod "More Blocks":
viewtopic.php?id=509

3) good mods which in my opinion do not have enough "workbench" (that would remove a bunch of the same type of recipes from the main list of recipes)

- "castle_masonry" did not find, but it seems to me it's a part
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9894&hilit=Castle
Here simply gorgeous "arrow slits" and still braziers, etc. But the recipes show all the options: for a stone, for a desert stone, etc. - for me it's not so convenient, and the author that would somehow solve the problem with the limited field for recipes went to a simple receipt of one item from another

- "Columnia"
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9892&hilit=Castles
The same very good and beautiful mod, here the author introduced a concept of "The blueprint" to circumvent the problem of limitation,

- "lib_node_shapes"
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16740&hilit=modpack_lib_shapes

Very beautiful, with great possibilities and just a giant base for forms - great work has been done, but for a simple player not available for use
Here it is just the system of workbenches (perhaps through the mechanism of "workbenches" it will be possible to circumvent the problem of a large number of nods)

And in my opinion this is the most correct basis for filling workbenches

And now back to "new Factory" again:
I like logic - that for obtaining beautiful (complex) blocks for construction, etc. You need: either to run a lot (clay), or deep dig (mese), or to produce complex production chains

In my opinion, "techno mod" is not just the automation of some basic processes - it is primarily the expansion of capabilities, deeply integrated into the main game process, these are the original stages of development and access to technology, just like we start the game with a tree Picks, then stone and then iron

I understand that everything described above is very, very difficult and long, but it's necessary to start with something.
I'm sure: we are not MC - we are better! And OpenSource ultimately produces a much better product =)

Wedzmin

by Wedzmin » Post

The continuation of the post is higher (due to the restriction of Google translator for 5000 characters and my not being able to briefly talk ideas)

At the moment we have "new Factory" already:
1) chic furnace with a cool tube - it can be used as an advanced version of a conventional stove - and only in it you can prepare steel and more complex things

2) a furnace for obtaining "tree juice" (?) Perhaps I did not correctly understand the logic of the process, but for me the process mechanics are more like the process of obtaining tar:

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar

And I think this is a very successful solution for using wood other than fuel (wood construction is not widely used due to the possibility of fires)

An additional condition: the acquisition of tar is possible only for their conifers - and then the biome of the jungi are all looking for and there is no reason to look for cold biomes

As a proposal to the initial steps of development:

1 add (collect in one place) a maximum of processing systems, such as: "useful contraptions" - try to combine them into one logical system, and try to well diversify their recipes with the requirement of tin where it is logically possible - otherwise this rare metal does not yet find Applications

2 to add - the first simple workbench, possibly including for reception "useful contraptions", thereby having put the beginning of logic of workbenches

3 add - the first simple grinder, let it work on the simplest mechanics (like a furnace - just from wood, if it's not difficult then both from wood and water - so to say built-in steam engine), let it be very, very slow - it will start Development of complex metallurgy - a mixture of different powders (in different proportions?)
(Then it is possible and full of valuable systems to make from real steam engines or water mills, etc.)

4 on the brink of fiction - complicated ore generation as close as possible to the great-grandparent MT-Dwarf Fortress
Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_Fortress
(The number of minerals, ores and the logic of their location)
This is a continuation of complex metallurgy

5 in my opinion is extremely important and aesthetic composition - we need beautiful models and beautiful textures and preferably in one style

All described above the opinion of the amateur, the presentation is extremely chaotic, I hope at least some of this will be useful or at least will push to something new and interesting =)

To regret a maximum than I can help this coming up with the logic = (

If this is necessary - then I ask you to specify which direction is now the most priority and I will try to think as much as possible in detail.

LemonLake
GitHub: Lemmmy
IRC: Lemmmy
In-game: Lemmmy

by LemonLake » Post

very happy to see this mod continued again :)

theFox

by theFox » Post

Wedzmin wrote: And more complex: an "advanced" version of a bench (for example a circular saw) - must work from a source of energy (mechanical energy? From windy (which is unlikely to be weak) or a water mill (which is quite authentic)
I have already had some of those ideas but I decided to give up that idea, because it's too much for one person.

Why don't you try to learn some lua? ;)
You could make mods on your own or edit other mods with github.

If you just want collections, then try to make modpacks and subgames.
It's not that hard.

Wedzmin

by Wedzmin » Post

I more than am sure that I not first who has thought up it and/or has voiced these ideas =)

Yes I understand on how many it not simply, I would even tell that it is close to "not real" for one person. Therefore I see the solution of this problem in creation of initial basis - within which the group of developers not dependent from each other can develop the idea

I have already collected for myself a selection of the most interesting to me of mods, and I read on Lua already a little - and I try to make friends among themselves different fashion - the most part of problems manages to be fixed. On a trifle I have already added something, but it only addition/change of author's recipes and nods

Unfortunately, I have not a lot of free time, and for several years I haven't promoted further than addition of nods, recipes, and replacements of textures (in others mods)
(and also I am not familiar with logicians of licenses - that isn't polite in relation to authors a little)

And there is a wish for addition of "difficult" things and algorithms =)

I would be glad to help (moderately the modest forces).
Than I can help with "new Factory" (in what party it would be better to develop this mod now)?

theFox

by theFox » Post

v-rob wrote:The drills need to have something happen when they hit water or lava caves. I have had it die on me multiple times and I had to fly down and fix it. Could you make it create full nodes when it hits a liquid, and make it so it doesn't mine them?
Wouldn't it be unrealistic if a miner could mine lava?
And creating a full node would be unrealistic because the drill is moved down into the earth.

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

I don't know, but it's a real pain when you make a factory and it runs for an hour with upgraded miners and hits lava. The miners break, so I have to fly way down there to fix it and replace the miners, and they have to get the drills back down there, which takes another hour. (Really happened :/ ) I just want it to work somehow. Maybe you could incorporate the storage tanks somehow. I don't really know. I just want a solution.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

theFox

by theFox » Post

v-rob wrote:Maybe you could incorporate the storage tanks somehow.
Sounds like an idea, Perhaps I am going to build an industrial pump and pipes.
Last edited by theFox on Thu May 03, 2018 14:29, edited 1 time in total.

theFox

by theFox » Post

New version:
Manuals and German translations are now available!

added a few more screenshots to the topic

edit: and some more new features:
  • unified inventory crafting help
  • moreblocks support for cutting Factory Brick
  • item sieve: a block with a quadratic hole

theFox

by theFox » Post

new version!
  • You can now make wires out of steel and copper ingots using the wire drawer!
  • I fixed the forceloading for the miners.
  • I guess I fixed the item duplication bug...
  • There are also small crafting adjustments.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Could you add a guide for this mod?
What is SCP-055?

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Is there a furnace here that uses "electricity" or "gas" instead of fuel?
What is SCP-055?

theFox

by theFox » Post

Chem871 wrote:Could you add a guide for this mod?
I did, look into the mod folder...
Chem871 wrote:Is there a furnace here that uses "electricity" or "gas" instead of fuel?
Maybe...
Last edited by theFox on Thu May 03, 2018 14:30, edited 2 times in total.

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

I always forget to read the README for machinery-based mods :/
What is SCP-055?

theFox

by theFox » Post

Chem871 wrote:I always forget to read the README for machinery-based mods :/
If you have the Unified Inventory mod activated you get quite much crafting help.

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

I meant the usage of the machines, and there are other craft guides besides UI.
What is SCP-055?

theFox

by theFox » Post

Chem871 wrote:I meant the usage of the machines, and there are other craft guides besides UI.
Yes... But I implemented the crafting help for my machines in UI.
For example if you want to know how to make a factory lump, UI says that you have to compress clay. (using the squeezer)

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

I saw :P Very useful.
What is SCP-055?

theFox

by theFox » Post

v-rob wrote:The drills need to have something happen when they hit water or lava caves. I have had it die on me multiple times and I had to fly down and fix it. Could you make it create full nodes when it hits a liquid, and make it so it doesn't mine them?
I had some more thoughts about this:
  • drills are automatic
  • drills go down quite far
  • drills can get all sorts of recources
In other words: they are really strong.
And I didn't want to create a gamebreaking mod that makes people just sit around and wait for their recources.

So dig a shaft next to your drills and go down to clear the way manually.

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Is the industrial furnace supposed to cook items faster than the normal furnace?
What is SCP-055?

theFox

by theFox » Post

Chem871 wrote:Is the industrial furnace supposed to cook items faster than the normal furnace?
looks like...
edit: it does, see my post on the next page
Last edited by theFox on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:07, edited 4 times in total.