[Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [1.02] [gravelsieve]

by RSLRedstonier » Sun Dec 31, 2017 01:54

This is a great mod!
I actually modified another sieve mod so much its basically my own creation and added it to my skytest mod for my skyfactory modpack then I saw Nathan Salapat review this mod and was like "Wow the animations are JUST like Minecraft, awesome!"
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

User avatar
joe7575
Member
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 20:38
Location: Germany, in the deep south
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [1.06 [gravelsieve]

by joe7575 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 16:43

RSLRedstonier wrote:... "Wow the animations are JUST like Minecraft, awesome!"

Thanks

Chem871 wrote:Is the gravelsieve hopper-compatible?

Yes, the current version V1.06 supports hopper.
But together with the tubelib nodes Quarry and Grinder [tubelib + tubelib_addons1] it's even more useful.
Last edited by joe7575 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my Commodore 64. My Mods: TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, Iron Age, Entrance, Minecart, Signs Bot.
 

Chem871
Member
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
Location: SCP-2935
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Dwaba_Kukai

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [1.02] [gravelsieve]

by Chem871 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 20:16

It still says it's 1.02.
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.
 

Chem871
Member
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
Location: SCP-2935
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Dwaba_Kukai

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [1.02] [gravelsieve]

by Chem871 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 20:23

If I add an ore-containing mod to the optional dependency, will it produce the ores depending on the rarity, or is it a specific item list?
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.
 

User avatar
joe7575
Member
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 20:38
Location: Germany, in the deep south
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [1.02] [gravelsieve]

by joe7575 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 20:46

Chem871 wrote:If I add an ore-containing mod to the optional dependency, will it produce the ores depending on the rarity, or is it a specific item list?

It's a specific item list. Which mod do you want to add?
Sent from my Commodore 64. My Mods: TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, Iron Age, Entrance, Minecart, Signs Bot.
 

Chem871
Member
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
Location: SCP-2935
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Dwaba_Kukai

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by Chem871 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 23:33

Minerdream, it has loads of ores :P
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.
 

User avatar
joe7575
Member
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 20:38
Location: Germany, in the deep south
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by joe7575 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 14:15

Gravelsieve changed from internal item list to registered ores.
v1.07 in on GitHub, give it a try.
Sent from my Commodore 64. My Mods: TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, Iron Age, Entrance, Minecart, Signs Bot.
 

Chem871
Member
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
Location: SCP-2935
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Dwaba_Kukai

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by Chem871 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 16:35

Sweet! It looks like your mod is now in Mod Releases, nice work!
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.
 

void
New member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 18:51
In-game: z

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by void » Tue Jan 02, 2018 17:06

Nice mode. Good job. The only problem is that is if hold left click on the sieve is doing nothing while it should keep refine faster
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by RSLRedstonier » Tue Jan 02, 2018 18:51

the ore gen feature is very broken
I set up an auto gravel machine and piped the gravel into several auto sieves
https://imgur.com/HIYKav8

and left it for about 40 min to an hour and this is all I got
https://imgur.com/QfQqAk1

clearly broken
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

Chem871
Member
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
Location: SCP-2935
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Dwaba_Kukai

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by Chem871 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 19:32

For 1.07, the ore gen is very nice, it works for all ores, but that also means it works for blob ores like dirt and silver sand.
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by RSLRedstonier » Tue Jan 02, 2018 20:13

Chem871 wrote:For 1.07, the ore gen is very nice, it works for all ores, but that also means it works for blob ores like dirt and silver sand.

and that would be a major problem
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

Chem871
Member
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
Location: SCP-2935
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Dwaba_Kukai

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by Chem871 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 20:53

That's not a major problem for me, but maybe for a server, sure.
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by RSLRedstonier » Tue Jan 02, 2018 20:55

Chem871 wrote:That's not a major problem for me, but maybe for a server, sure.

well if anybody wants to include this in a skyfactory type modpack(like the one I'm working on) then this is a problem as it means their main source of ores only gets them granite 99% of the time
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

Chem871
Member
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
Location: SCP-2935
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Dwaba_Kukai

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by Chem871 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 21:27

I don't use Technic, too much effort for too little outcome.
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.
 

User avatar
joe7575
Member
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 20:38
Location: Germany, in the deep south
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by joe7575 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 22:01

RSLRedstonier wrote:
Chem871 wrote:That's not a major problem for me, but maybe for a server, sure.

well if anybody wants to include this in a skyfactory type modpack(like the one I'm working on) then this is a problem as it means their main source of ores only gets them granite 99% of the time


So then a negative list with unwanted ores is no solution. Any suggestions?
Sent from my Commodore 64. My Mods: TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, Iron Age, Entrance, Minecart, Signs Bot.
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by RSLRedstonier » Tue Jan 02, 2018 22:21

joe7575 wrote:So then a negative list with unwanted ores is no solution. Any suggestions?

perhaps make a list of ores that get sieved to much and all items on that list wont be registered under the auto world gen ore loot table and instead have their own chance added with them

its very manual and would need to be done with every ore that this happens with but it should fix the problem
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by RSLRedstonier » Tue Jan 02, 2018 22:25

Code: Select all
local percentgravel = {
    {"skytest:diamond_chunks", 5},
    {"default:mese_crystal_fragment 3", 7},
    {"skytest:gold_ore_chunks", 9},
    {"skytest:lapis", 11},
    {"skytest:redstone", 13},
    {"skytest:glowstone", 15},
    {"skytest:tin_ore_chunks", 17},
    {"skytest:copper_ore_chunks", 19},
    {"skytest:iron_ore_chunks", 24},
    {"default:coal_lump", 28},
    {"default:flint", 34},
}
function gravel()
    local chance = math.random(40)
    for _,v in pairs(percentgravel) do
        if chance<v[2] then
            return ItemStack(v[1])
        end
    end
    return nil
end

this is part of the code form the sieve section in my skytest mod I have each possible ore drop in a list with the id and rarity
just call minetest.add_item(pos, dust())
or what ever it is that this mod uses cause my sieves don't use formspecs

perhaps you can sorta do this and have it override any thing registered by the world gen ore sieving function thing
and just write all the materials in the list
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

User avatar
joe7575
Member
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 20:38
Location: Germany, in the deep south
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by joe7575 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01

My new idea is to check input against output (drop) of registered ores. Only if this is different, which should be the case for real ores, then it will be added to the gravelsieve probability list. The output of such list is:
Code: Select all
[gravelsieve] minerdream:calcium_lump          288
[gravelsieve] minerdream:saltpeter_lump 1      562
[gravelsieve] default:copper_lump              81
[gravelsieve] default:coal_lump                56
[gravelsieve] moreores:mithril_lump            40
[gravelsieve] default:mese_crystal             304
[gravelsieve] moreores:silver_lump             40
[gravelsieve] minerdream:cobalt_lump           375
[gravelsieve] minerdream:zinc_lump             304
[gravelsieve] minerdream:ruthenium_lump        375
[gravelsieve] default:diamond                  375
[gravelsieve] default:iron_lump                38
[gravelsieve] minerdream:jade                  1125
[gravelsieve] default:gold_lump                244
[gravelsieve] default:iron_lump 2              166
[gravelsieve] minerdream:aluminum_lump         304
[gravelsieve] minerdream:sulfur_lump 1         562
[gravelsieve] minerdream:rhodium_lump          455
[gravelsieve] minerdream:garnet                1125
[gravelsieve] minerdream:gold_nugget 1         333
[gravelsieve] minerdream:onyx                  1365
[gravelsieve] minerdream:amethyst              1125
[gravelsieve] minerdream:lead_lump             244
[gravelsieve] default:tin_lump                 111
[gravelsieve] minerdream:platinum_lump         304
[gravelsieve] default:clay_lump 4              273
[gravelsieve] minerdream:bituminous_coal       244
[gravelsieve] minerdream:lapislazuli_lump 1    166
[gravelsieve] minerdream:tantalum_lump         455
[gravelsieve] minerdream:spinel                1365
[gravelsieve] minerdream:aquamarine            1365
[gravelsieve] minerdream:potassium_lump        244
[gravelsieve] minerdream:topaz                 1125
[gravelsieve] minerdream:nickel_lump           244
[gravelsieve] default:coal_lump 1              288
[gravelsieve] minerdream:silver_lump           457
[gravelsieve] Overall probability 0.198732

The overall probability is 0.2. That means you get a result, different than gravel every fifth time (statistically).
If this is to high/low, you can modify the configuration parameter "gravelsieve_ore_rarity" in the "Advanced Settings".
Sent from my Commodore 64. My Mods: TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, Iron Age, Entrance, Minecart, Signs Bot.
 

User avatar
RSLRedstonier
Member
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 21:00
Location: some were in middle earth
GitHub: RSL-Redstonier
In-game: RSLRedstonier

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by RSLRedstonier » Wed Jan 03, 2018 13:05

joe7575 wrote:My new idea is to check input against output (drop) of registered ores. Only if this is different, which should be the case for real ores, then it will be added to the gravelsieve probability list. The output of such list is:
Code: Select all
[gravelsieve] minerdream:calcium_lump          288
[gravelsieve] minerdream:saltpeter_lump 1      562
[gravelsieve] default:copper_lump              81
[gravelsieve] default:coal_lump                56
[gravelsieve] moreores:mithril_lump            40
[gravelsieve] default:mese_crystal             304
[gravelsieve] moreores:silver_lump             40
[gravelsieve] minerdream:cobalt_lump           375
[gravelsieve] minerdream:zinc_lump             304
[gravelsieve] minerdream:ruthenium_lump        375
[gravelsieve] default:diamond                  375
[gravelsieve] default:iron_lump                38
[gravelsieve] minerdream:jade                  1125
[gravelsieve] default:gold_lump                244
[gravelsieve] default:iron_lump 2              166
[gravelsieve] minerdream:aluminum_lump         304
[gravelsieve] minerdream:sulfur_lump 1         562
[gravelsieve] minerdream:rhodium_lump          455
[gravelsieve] minerdream:garnet                1125
[gravelsieve] minerdream:gold_nugget 1         333
[gravelsieve] minerdream:onyx                  1365
[gravelsieve] minerdream:amethyst              1125
[gravelsieve] minerdream:lead_lump             244
[gravelsieve] default:tin_lump                 111
[gravelsieve] minerdream:platinum_lump         304
[gravelsieve] default:clay_lump 4              273
[gravelsieve] minerdream:bituminous_coal       244
[gravelsieve] minerdream:lapislazuli_lump 1    166
[gravelsieve] minerdream:tantalum_lump         455
[gravelsieve] minerdream:spinel                1365
[gravelsieve] minerdream:aquamarine            1365
[gravelsieve] minerdream:potassium_lump        244
[gravelsieve] minerdream:topaz                 1125
[gravelsieve] minerdream:nickel_lump           244
[gravelsieve] default:coal_lump 1              288
[gravelsieve] minerdream:silver_lump           457
[gravelsieve] Overall probability 0.198732

The overall probability is 0.2. That means you get a result, different than gravel every fifth time (statistically).
If this is to high/low, you can modify the configuration parameter "gravelsieve_ore_rarity" in the "Advanced Settings".


sounds better than what I'm using for my sieve mod
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

try out my skytest mod always being updated!
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17568
 

User avatar
FiftySix
Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:58
Location: Scotland
GitHub: BenjieFiftysix
In-game: fiftysix or benjie

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by FiftySix » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:56

I made a version of this mod which is compatible with pipeworks!
you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/43jqao80u2cf6bl/AADoO60llYII-5Sw5P0vgFhBa?dl=0
Frustrated with formspec strings? Check my formspec editor!
 

User avatar
joe7575
Member
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 20:38
Location: Germany, in the deep south
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by joe7575 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 18:34

FiftySix wrote:I made a version of this mod which is compatible with pipeworks!
you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/43jqao80u2cf6bl/AADoO60llYII-5Sw5P0vgFhBa?dl=0


Cool,
I will add it to my file, but pipeworks should then be optional.
Sent from my Commodore 64. My Mods: TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, Iron Age, Entrance, Minecart, Signs Bot.
 

turducken
Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 01:43

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by turducken » Wed Feb 07, 2018 21:36

FiftySix wrote:I made a version of this mod which is compatible with pipeworks!
you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/43jqao80u2cf6bl/AADoO60llYII-5Sw5P0vgFhBa?dl=0


i can't seem to get pipeworks to connect to add/remove items to the automatic sieve (this modified version.) Plastic pipes correctly seem to "attach" to all faces, but nothing goes in or out. I must be missing something.
 

User avatar
joe7575
Member
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 20:38
Location: Germany, in the deep south
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto

Re: [Mod] Gravel Sieve [gravelsieve]

by joe7575 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 20:23

I added Pipeworks support to my version at GitHub. It works as expected. Thanks to FiftySix.
Sent from my Commodore 64. My Mods: TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, Iron Age, Entrance, Minecart, Signs Bot.
 

Previous

Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests