[Mod] Cement [cement]

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

[Mod] Cement [cement]

by Linuxdirk » Post

Craft or make cement

Method 1: Craft wet cement blocks by putting default:gravel, group:sand, and bucket:bucket_water in a shapeless recipe.

Method 2: Make dry cement blocks by putting default:gravel and group:sand in a shapeless recipe and put the resulting node on ground directly by a water source to get a wet cement block and wait till it becomes wet.

Place wet cement blocks wherever you want (no water in neighboring nodes) and let them become hard. Since dry and wet cement blocks fall down when placed you might want to support them while drying by placing a not falling node below.

(Sand + Gravel = Dry Cement + Water = Wet Cement - Water + Hard Cement + Sanding Tool = Sanded Cement)

Hard cement blocks float like regular nodes. Those hard cement blocks can be hardware-colored using any of the 15 default dyes. The dye won’t be removed so it is a cheap way to color walls while not in creative.

Nathan did a nice review/presentation of this mod. Watch it here and make sure to leave a like.

Sanded cement

A hard cement can be sanded to get a sanded cement block with a smoother texture that is brighter. For doing this a sanding tool is needed.

When using the tool on a hard cement block (like with all other tools simply click the node) the block gets sanded. The tool has wear, but lasts very long.

Of course all sanded cement blocks can be colored, too.

Sanding a colored hard cement block removes the color. When sanding other blocks nothing happens.

Obtaining the mod

Depends: default, bucket
License: MIT,
Translations: English (default), German
Download: Latest version (always compatible with latest non-dev Minetest version)
Source, Issues, etc.: https://git.0x7be.net/dirk/cement
Content Database: https://content.minetest.net/packages/Linuxdirk/cement/
Last edited by Linuxdirk on Sun Jul 16, 2023 18:55, edited 9 times in total.

TechNolaByte
GitHub: TechNolaByte

Re: [Mod] Cement [cement]

by TechNolaByte » Post

neat!
The great quest of alchemy neither failed nor attained gold; programmers are those great alchemists who transmute caffeine into code.

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Quick information: In it’s current state the mod is compatible with Minetest 5.0 and 5.1. I just put a properly flagged release to the CDB.

puzzlecube
GitHub: puzzlecube
IRC: puzzlecube
In-game: puzzlecube KluppingOnion

by puzzlecube » Post

Wow! You beat me to it on this and did it better than I was going to! Love the sanded cement too. It would be nice to have an optional dependency on moreblocks and amazing to have an aptional dependency on unified_dyes. Still this is awesome! +1000
Would you believe this came from an autistic guy with low vision? Believe it.
Check this out![url]https:github.com/puzzlecube[/url]
I also make models for 3d printing!

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Haha, thanks :)

Not sure how hardware colored nodes behave in the moreblocks saw but I’ll give it a try. But if I remember correctly nodeboxes (facedir) and color information share the same spot in node meta data.

The mod was actually just a proof-of-concept so I will have a look at supporting both but won’t put extreme workload in it.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Linuxdirk wrote: Not sure how hardware colored nodes behave in the moreblocks saw but I’ll give it a try. But if I remember correctly nodeboxes (facedir) and color information share the same spot in node meta data.
It's doable to some degree. I started adjusting the saw some time ago but didn't get around to actually finish it yet.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

The mod is fully compatible with Minetest 5.2.x and a properly flagged CDB update will be pushed soon.

I checked it out and moreblocks mod support won’t be added, sorry. Self-contained (a file that will be loaded after the mod was loaded) patches are welcome, though. I want to keep the code base simple due to the nature of this mod.