[Mod] Blox Mod - Now with more cobble! [git] [blox]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Mod] Blox Mod - Now with more cobble! [git] [blox]

by VanessaE » Post

This mod has been converted to use the new param2-based colorization scheme.

Start by crafting a patterned block using either wood, stone, or cobble, and a few portions of white dye. Which pattern you get depends on how you arrange those items (see first post). Then, place that white-patterned block on the ground and right-click on it with a colored dye and the pattern will change to that color. In the case of the tinted wood or stone, the whole node's color changes accordingly.

Digging the block gives you back the plain, white patterned one you crafted, and the dye color you last painted it with.

As a side effect of using this new feature, this mod now depends on Unified Dyes, and the entire 89-color Unified Dyes palette is supported now (as opposed to a dozen or so colors prior to this update).

For the patterned objects (but not for the tinted wood, stone, stone square, or cobble), this mod actually uses a mesh node to overlay the colorized pattern texture onto the base material, so that only the pattern takes on the desired color. This may change in the future (and would require another engine update).

You will need a Minetest engine build made on January 24 (actually git commit d04d8aba), or newer, an equivalent update for minetest_game, and the latest git of Unified Dyes, otherwise newly-placed blocks can't be colored and you'll get unknown items for any existing ones.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This mod has been updated to use the revised Unified Dyes API -- you now punch the node while wielding dye, instead of right-clicking.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Players who are using 0.4.15 stable may prefer this version. Newest version is for 0.4.15-dev and beyond.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

A few minor updates: Instead of crafting this mod's tinted cobble or tinted stone, now you can just place default:cobble or default:stone and punch them with dye to colorize them.

Similarly, Moreblocks' stone tile, circle stone bricks, regular wood tile (both versions), and iron checker can be dyed to form Blox stone square, stone loop, wood quarter, and stone checker, respectively. If Moreblocks isn't installed, crafts for Blox' equivalents are registered instead.

Digging tinted stone (the kind with no special pattern) will return default cobble and dye, analogous to digging uncolored stone to get cobble.

Also, I put most of the patterned blocks back into the creative inventory. In the interest of reducing clutter, where a Blox item is derived from some other mod's item (as in the substitutions above), don't show the Blox equivalent in the creative inventory. Users should acquire (or craft) and dye the other mod's block instead.

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

All the blocks are amazing!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This mod now requires Minetest 0.4.16 or newer. 0.4.15 or older won't work properly.

III

by III » Post

Hi,
in the crafting guide you say for craft stone square blocks:
If you have Moreblocks installed, this recipe is not enabled -- use that mod's "stone tile" instead.

But the stone tile cannot be colored.
This should be usefull to have it with color. And all the depending shapes as well (stairs, slab, checker....)

great work

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

That's outdated -- you must use a default stone block now.

I've fixed the first post.

It is possible to make the cut shapes colorable (see my coloredwood mod), but doing so would add thousands of new nodes per single initial block. A secondary issue there is that the table saw doesn't work properly with colorized items (you must cut the plain item first, then colorize the shape, if it's allowed).