[mod] Woolen Mesh Creator (not only wool!) [wesh]

entuland
GitHub: entuland
IRC: entuland
In-game: entuland

Re: [mod] Woolen Mesh Creator (not only wool!) [wesh]

by entuland » Post

@Sokomine: all right, if you need help with that feel free to ping me, I could eventually create an ad-hoc version dealing with optimized meshes as I explained earlier. Actually, I think I could do that in any case, it would be good to have models that can be styled out of a simple texture as if a full block of any kind had been carved into a miniature :)

@ManElevation: you're welcome :)

entuland

by entuland » Post

Added support for colorfacedir nodes (they used not to get rotated, now they get rotated properly).

Published v.1.0 release.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

entuland wrote: Some things behave funky when rebuilt, such as the obsidian glasses, still need to understand how to fix this:
There's a simple reason to this: the param2 of glass make them liquid tanks. You need to set param2 to 0.
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

entuland

by entuland » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:There's a simple reason to this: the param2 of glass make them liquid tanks. You need to set param2 to 0.
Yep, that was silly me rotating all nodes without checking whether they were allowed to rotate at all. It has been fixed some time ago by checking for "facedir" in paramtype2 (which now covers "colorfacedir" as well).

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Glad to help :P
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Christian_Soldier
In-game: Christian_Soldier

by Christian_Soldier » Post

This mod will really help me in making mods!
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

I just played around with this mod for the first time, and I have to say I am very impressed. You did a great job.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

entuland

by entuland » Post

My pleasure Christian and Nathan, glad you find this mod useful :)

entuland

by entuland » Post

Released v1.1 allowing RGB captures in the style of minetest mapper:

https://github.com/entuland/wesh/issues/6 - thanks @benrob0329 for the nice idea

V.1.1 https://github.com/entuland/wesh/archive/1.1.zip

dibesfer
In-game: dibesfer

by dibesfer » Post

This is fantastic. I played again Minetest 2 weeks ago from a long time without playing and I'm impressed, mods have grown a lot!

I was suddenly dreaming about a mod or feature that could allow me to "scale" a lot of nodes into a block/node. Kind of in-game scale node editor, so you could do little cities or decorative exotic flowers.

And thankfully I found this one: Wesh. And its Fantastic! All the possibilities! I'm enjoying as a kid :)

Thoughts (start):

_The cool thing about Wool is having 15 colors. It would be amazing if you could use 256 colors from UnifiedDyes.

_If Wesh accepted all kind of nodes and truly copied them into a node, as WorldEdit does it with schematics. I think it could become """ the Greatest Creative Mechanic """ ever seen in a voxel sandbox. But I don't know much about code. "Just wondering". Maybe thats how minetest could truly replace Minecraft. Maybe WorldEdit could fork this?

Allowing anyone to create in-game node blocks and items and finally your Sandbox Voxel World customized without touching a line of code. That would be the game I dream of.

Thoughts (end):

Thank you so much entuland! This mod is superuseful. And please, keep it growing :)

My top Minetest mods:
_WorldEdit
_Wesh (matrix)
_Gemalde
_PixelArt
_UnifiedDyes (coloredWood)
_Skybox

2020 March 8

entuland

by entuland » Post

Hey there dibesfer, glad you like it!

Wesh _does_ support more than 15 colors, I am ashamed to admit I'm not sure how I exactly did that (been a while since I touched this mod) but according to my last update it should support all blocks in the game (even new ones I never heard of, it's just matter of customizing the colors mapping file).

Something that it definitely doens't do is scaling down the original models, whatever the model you start with, it will become a single "minivoxel" in the models I create. It surely is possible to extend it to support it, but the models it creates already have a lot of triangles and short of aggressively simplifying the models before scaling them down, I'm afraid they would become just too heavy.

Also, after creating these mods of mine I've been hired as remote support contractor for another voxel game and I barely play that game to provide support, I have to play completely different other games not to get burnt out right now.

Additionally, I've had quite a bit of hairpulling to create these mods of mine to begin with (I'm not that good to be fully comfortable with the complexity of arbitrary rotations and 3D modeling) even just understanding my own code may take quite a bit of time after more than one year eheheheh

Who knows, maybe in the future I'll find the time to mess with all of these again and see if I'm able to improve them any further.