[Mod] Tunnelmaker [2.0] [tunnelmaker]

kestral
GitHub: kestral246

Re: [Mod] Tunnelmaker [tunnelmaker]

by kestral » Post

With the imminent release of Minetest 5.0, Tunnelmaker 2.0 will only be supporting 5.0. The old version of tunnelmaker will remain available for those who can't or choose not to upgrade.

Information on trying the 2.0 beta can be found on page 1 of this thread, two posts back.

I have taken another of Mikola's good ideas and added the new client-side translations feature of MT5.0 to tunnelmaker. It is très cool to see one client displaying an English menu, while at the same time a second client is displaying French.

However, if anyone reading this post has good knowledge of French, I would appreciate if they could critique my French translation file and provide corrections. I fear my level of French will never get past the read-only stage. The file, tunnelmaker.fr.tr, can be found in:

https://github.com/kestral246/tunnelmak ... eta/locale

In addition, if anyone else would like the new tunnelmaker menu system to show up in their own language, I will accept other translation files. There is a template file, tunnelmaker.template, in the same above directory, which can be used as a reference to create them.

Here's what the new Tunnelmaker User Options menu looks like:

And here is a forum post that discusses how to do client-side translations:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18349

Finally, I added better support for Android. It turns out that the Android version doesn't accept shift-left-click, so it was impossible to bring up the new menu. To fix this I added a second menu command, aux-right-click, which works on Android 5.0, since it now has an AUX button on the screen.

As of version 2.0-beta-15 (2019-03-02) the controls were changed. The original beta announcement post has been updated with the latest control description.

kestral

Re: [Mod] Tunnelmaker [2.0] [tunnelmaker]

by kestral » Post

Tunnelmaker 2.0 has been released, with many new and improved features. Note however that this is a Minetest 5.0 release only. The old version remains available as a legacy release. See first post for details.

Cage

by Cage » Post

kestral the new controls are in conflict with Digall. Digall uses the Shift-Left-Click for digging.

kestral

by kestral » Post

Tunneling with shift-left-click will override digall and still dig a tunnel, even though digall is activated and quickmode is enabled. In this case, if you want the digall effect, you'll have to use another digging tool.

Unless there's a more serious conflict between these mods, I don't plan on changing it.

argyle
GitHub: argyle77
IRC: argyle77

by argyle » Post

I found a crash while running with github master, commit cb4a4bf:

Code: Select all

2019-03-08 23:10:49: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '' in callback item_OnUse(): Invalid position (expected table got nil).
2019-03-08 23:10:49: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-03-08 23:10:49: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'get_node'
2019-03-08 23:10:49: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/argyle/minetest/bin/../mods/tunnelmaker/init.lua:954: in function </home/argyle/minetest/bin/../mods/tunnelmaker/init.lua:947>
2019-03-08 23:10:49: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-03-08 23:10:49: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'get_node'
2019-03-08 23:10:49: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/argyle/minetest/bin/../mods/tunnelmaker/init.lua:954: in function </home/argyle/minetest/bin/../mods/tunnelmaker/init.lua:947>
It happens when trying to use the tool when its not pointing at a node.

Also, I'm not so sure how I feel about the new controls. I'd rather right-click for tool-use (building), and then maybe the shift - clicks for settings.

kestral

by kestral » Post

I fixed the crash and have reverted back to classic controls, along with updating the documentation.

If I decide to change the controls at a future point, I will make it an option only.

srutzky
GitHub: srutzky

by srutzky » Post

Hello. Awesome mod, I love it! I had some ideas / requests and wasn't sure where the most appropriate place to post them was (here or GitHub), so I created the following issues in GitHub:
Additionally, I was wondering if there was ever a reason to not support lining a tunnel if tunneling through a non-water liquid such as lava (or acid as @hajo inquired about on 2018-06-27). I ask because I've made a minor change on my computer to allow for tunneling through lava and it seems to work quite well. I was thinking that I could create a PR with the change, but I wasn't sure if it was behavior that should always be there or if it needed to be optional, in which case a config variable would be needed, plus a default that can be set in minetest.conf, etc. Thoughts? At the moment my change only handles lava, but I'm just starting to learn minetest / Lua and have since learned of a better approach that would include all non-water liquids including acid and things that haven't been created yet.
⦓ (blog) Sql Quantum Leap   ⟐   (info sites) Collations  •  Module Signing  •  SQLCLR ⦔

56independent_actual
IRC: independent56
In-game: 56independent

by 56independent_actual » Post

I have used the protector mod blocks to protect a tunnel made with worldedit, and i was trying to refine it with tunnelmaker, but it then said it can't dig because the area was protected, despite the area being entirely in my control. Do you have any plans to fix this?
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

kestral

by kestral » Post

The protector mod declares its protector nodes as unbreakable.

Tunnelmaker tests all the nodes before tunneling and won't dig if any nodes are protected or unbreakable. Since tunnelmaker doesn't put any dug nodes in inventory, I don't plan on changing this.

That being said, tunneling does work for the owner of a protected area if the entire digging area (including wall and ceiling nodes) doesn't include the protector block.