[mod] 62 underground biomes! [1.1.2] [underch]

User avatar
Hume2
Member
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 08:24
Location: Czech Republic
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

[mod] 62 underground biomes! [1.1.2] [underch]

by Hume2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:06

Underground Challenge: 62 Underground Biomes
Hello everyone!

Image

I created a new mod that enhances the underground a bit. It also makes mining slightly harder.

This mod now includes 62 underground biomes.

Some of the new blocks:
Image

Some screenshots (not all biomes are shown): https://imgur.com/a/3atce3S
Outdated (v. 1.0) screenshots (not all biomes are shown): https://imgur.com/a/FzBvG1o

List of features:
+ Spoiler

Biomes:
+ Spoiler


License: code and models CC0, textures CC-BY-SA 3.0 (I personally wouldn't mind if you use them as you wish)

Download:dependencies:
  • default
  • moreores?
  • flowers?
  • fire?
  • bucket?
  • stairs?
  • moreblocks?
  • walls?

Highly recommended: Modpack uchu, a set of mod that adds more usage for all new blocks and items.
If you have some ideas of more underground biomes, I might add them in a future release.
Last edited by Hume2 on Sun May 19, 2019 19:17, edited 22 times in total.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Stix » Fri Jun 29, 2018 15:27

This looks pretty awesome compared to the generic caves in MTG, ill have to try this out! One personal criticism has to do with the water realms, i imagine them generated differently, im thinking they could appear at the bottom of some deep caves, and the dark prismarine (looks like prismarine brick tbh) would be reserved for dungeons or custom structures generating in that "realm", also shouldn't prismarine lamps be crafted instead of being generated? Just some personal opinions, take them as you will.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
Hume2
Member
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 08:24
Location: Czech Republic
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Hume2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 16:05

Stix wrote:This looks pretty awesome compared to the generic caves in MTG, ill have to try this out! One personal criticism has to do with the water realms, i imagine them generated differently, im thinking they could appear at the bottom of some deep caves, and the dark prismarine (looks like prismarine brick tbh) would be reserved for dungeons or custom structures generating in that "realm", also shouldn't prismarine lamps be crafted instead of being generated? Just some personal opinions, take them as you will.


Thanks for your opinion. I made those water realms quite fast, they are just blobs generated like ores. By the way, did you know that it's possible to generate ores inside other ores? I think, it could be an underground biome. There could be some structures made of dark prismarine. For the lamps, I like that they light the realms. Maybe there could be an unlit subbiome.

I'll try to think about more underground biomes like water realms and lava realms. They will be most likely dry. I know the mod Caverealms. These realms will be similar in a way except the huge caves.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Stix » Fri Jun 29, 2018 18:57

Hume2 wrote:
Stix wrote:This looks pretty awesome compared to the generic caves in MTG, ill have to try this out! One personal criticism has to do with the water realms, i imagine them generated differently, im thinking they could appear at the bottom of some deep caves, and the dark prismarine (looks like prismarine brick tbh) would be reserved for dungeons or custom structures generating in that "realm", also shouldn't prismarine lamps be crafted instead of being generated? Just some personal opinions, take them as you will.


Thanks for your opinion. I made those water realms quite fast, they are just blobs generated like ores. By the way, did you know that it's possible to generate ores inside other ores? I think, it could be an underground biome. There could be some structures made of dark prismarine. For the lamps, I like that they light the realms. Maybe there could be an unlit subbiome.

I'll try to think about more underground biomes like water realms and lava realms. They will be most likely dry. I know the mod Caverealms. These realms will be similar in a way except the huge caves.

Yeah, huge open expanses underground quickly get boring, i prefer long windy tunnels with multiple forks in them.

BTW: I think magma blocks would fit into this mod rather well, don't you think?
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
csirolli
Member
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 21:46
Location: Florida, USA
GitHub: ChristianSirolli
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by csirolli » Fri Jun 29, 2018 19:04

Jesus is the only Way to heaven, the only saving Truth, and the only Life that is worth living.
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Stix » Fri Jun 29, 2018 19:13

csirolli wrote:Isn't prismarine from MC? https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Prismarine

And, so what? We've taken almost everything that's in MTG from MC, so why bring this up, also you don't have to use this mod. So if your intention was to complain about prismarine pre-existing in MC then please don't.

*EDIT: Ofc you could always suggest a different name for a water-realm stone type, *hint* *hint* :P
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
Hume2
Member
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 08:24
Location: Czech Republic
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Hume2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 20:09

Stix wrote:This looks pretty awesome compared to the generic caves in MTG, ill BTW: I think magma blocks would fit into this mod rather well, don't you think?


That's a good idea! Thanks!

csirolli wrote:Isn't prismarine from MC? https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Prismarine

Yes, I copied the idea from M¢. I like shiny things in water, no idea why. I made my own textures. Also there's no weedy prismarine in M¢ and there's no prismarine bricks in my mod.

Stix wrote:*EDIT: Ofc you could always suggest a different name for a water-realm stone type, *hint* *hint* :P

I'd like to use another name but I can't think any better. I accept suggestions. I'd rather avoid names like something-stone.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.
 

User avatar
Lord_Vlad
Member
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 07:58

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Lord_Vlad » Fri Jun 29, 2018 20:25

The prismarine here appears in radically different settings if you ask me.
 

User avatar
Hume2
Member
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 08:24
Location: Czech Republic
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Hume2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 20:31

Lord_Vlad wrote:The prismarine here appears in radically different settings if you ask me.

Yes, I didn't mean to copy M¢ completely. It is just called the same and looks similar. Even the crafting recipes around prismarine are way different. Maybe it should use another name.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Stix » Fri Jun 29, 2018 21:47

Hume2 wrote: --I made my own textures.--

Well sort-of, don't think i haven't noticed that prismarine is just modified default_stone, and "weedy" prismarine is modified default_mossy_cobblestone :P. That ofc doesn't change the fact that these textures are still awesome!
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
Hume2
Member
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 08:24
Location: Czech Republic
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Hume2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:01

Stix wrote:
Hume2 wrote: --I made my own textures.--

Well sort-of, don't think i haven't noticed that prismarine is just modified default_stone, and "weedy" prismarine is modified default_mossy_cobblestone :P. That ofc doesn't change the fact that these textures are still awesome!

Yes, you're right. I wanted to say that they weren't derived from M¢ textures.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Stix » Sat Jun 30, 2018 19:17

Ik they end with the word "stone", but what about "tear-stone" or "flood-stone" or even "drizzle-stone"?
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Stix » Sat Jun 30, 2018 19:26

"Quartz-tear" or "Sea-gem" or "Sea-quartz" or "Flood-matrix" anyone?

*EDIT: or even "Rime-stone" or "Brine-stone"?
*EDIT2: hmmm "Black-ice" also means water....
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
Hume2
Member
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 08:24
Location: Czech Republic
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Hume2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 20:25

Thanks for suggestions. I would accept a compound of two words but it shouldn't be much apparent. I like the "Sea-gem". It could be called "sichamine", pronounced as /si'kæmɪn/.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Stix » Sat Jun 30, 2018 20:26

Hume2 wrote:Thanks for suggestions. I would accept a compound of two words but it shouldn't be much apparent. I like the "Sea-gem". It could be called "sichamine", pronounced as /si'kæmɪn/.

So pronounced "sic'eh'min"?
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
Hume2
Member
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 08:24
Location: Czech Republic
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Hume2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 20:43

Stix wrote:So pronounced "sic'eh'min"?

Yes, in American English. At least I think so. I prefer IPA for phonematic transcription.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.
 

User avatar
Hume2
Member
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 08:24
Location: Czech Republic
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Hume2 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 20:02

I plan a bigger overhaul of this mod. There will be 46 underground biomes. I'm sort of finished with blocks (although some of them still don't work the way I want) and I'll now work on mapgen. Here you can see all the new blocks so far: Image
Attachments
screenshot_20180808_214811.jpg
(155.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.
 

User avatar
StarNinjas
Member
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 00:32
Location: aincrad
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1
 

Chem871
Member
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
Location: SCP-2935
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Dwaba_Kukai

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Chem871 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 23:16

What about brimstone? Galena? Some new form of mese?
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.
 

User avatar
Hume2
Member
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 08:24
Location: Czech Republic
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by Hume2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 16:06

StarNinjas wrote:I might use this mod look kinnda crazy but i could help w textures

Edit: I manly like the undreground biomes:)

Thanks for offer. Could you please make some textures for dust, underground vines and mese crystals? Dust is a block and shouldn't look like coal dust. Crystals use 16x16px connected textures. Underground vines are up to your imagination. Please, share it under a license that is compatible with CC-BY-SA 3.0.

Chem871 wrote:What about brimstone? Galena? Some new form of mese?

Thanks for ideas. I actually wanted to add mese crystals as blocks but I forgot to add them. I might add the other minerals in further releases.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.
 

User avatar
StarNinjas
Member
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 00:32
Location: aincrad
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1
 

User avatar
ShallowDweller
Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 22:23

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge: 46 underground biomes![unde

by ShallowDweller » Fri Aug 10, 2018 02:39

Ok, I'll go explore underground... as soon as I find my jaw. It can't have dropped too far away.

Ps. Would you like some mushroom textures? Or are you already done adding mushrooms? (I just love fungi xP)
 

User avatar
StarNinjas
Member
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 00:32
Location: aincrad
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1
 

User avatar
texmex
Member
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 21:08
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge [underch]

by texmex » Fri Aug 10, 2018 04:55

Some great enhancements of the underground! I’m looking forward to your 46 biome release. :)
 

User avatar
Hume2
Member
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 08:24
Location: Czech Republic
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

Re: [mod] Underground Challenge: 46 underground biomes![unde

by Hume2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 08:03

Thank you all for responses!

ShallowDweller wrote:Ps. Would you like some mushroom textures? Or are you already done adding mushrooms? (I just love fungi xP)

Sorry, I'm done with mushrooms. If you want, you can draw me ruby dust. I found that I forgot this block too. Also if you come with a potential usage of any of these new blocks, I could make a mod for that.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.
 

Next

Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests